Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

After X-Men, FF, and Avengers, I Hoped that we would get a classic Defenders movie, complete with (comics) Valkyrie, Hellcat and Nighthawk.

BANNED

I was already pretty set on checking out the Defenders one-shot but this interview with all the writers involved, plus some looks at the artwork, definitely sealed the deal!

https://www.cbr.com/ewing-zdarsky-du...nse-interview/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I was already pretty set on checking out the Defenders one-shot but this interview with all the writers involved, plus some looks at the artwork, definitely sealed the deal!

Yeah me too , this defense is formidable !! I am really excited for this ......

oh it is a one shot not even a mini? hard pass

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    oh it is a one shot not even a mini? hard pass
    It's a series of one-shots that has a continuing story thread, so it's essentially a mini.

except the defenders did not exist in the on screen verse.

I liked the TV team and would have liked to see the team expand. Spider-woman and Moonknight. Cage has solid Defender bona fides he was on the book for a long time as I recall. I have no problem with him creating a team just as I liked it when Val did her all female team.

If we can have 3 or 4 avenger and X teams two teams as Defenders is fine with me.

I also would not have hated using the Marvel knights brand.
    Yeah, the Bendis Defenders to me was more a hybrid of Heroes for Hire and Marvel Knights.

When I think Defenders, I think Dr. Strange, Namor, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Valkyrie, Hellcat, Gargoyle, Nighthawk, Hellstrom, Clea and Beast.
    When I think New Defenders, I think Valkyrie, Gargoyle, Moondragon, Beast, Angel and Iceman.
    When I think Marvel Knights, I think Daredevil, Black Widow, Cloak, Dagger, Elektra, Shang-Chi, Moon Knight, Power Man and Iron Fist.

And basically the Netflix Defenders were 'Heroes for Hire' in one way or another.
    Luke and Danny are the iconic 'Heroes for Hire' team.
    Matt is a lawyer and Jessica is a private investigator.
    So 'Heroes for Hire' would've been a pretty apt name for the team.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

It's a series of one-shots that has a continuing story thread, so it's essentially a mini.
    And it looks suspiciously like a lead-in to an ongoing...

It's a lead-in to Invaders. Apparently what Namor does in both Defenders and Avengers leads to that series. That's why Namor's issue is by Zdarsky, he's the Invaders writer.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's a lead-in to Invaders. Apparently what Namor does in both Defenders and Avengers leads to that series. That's why Namor's issue is by Zdarsky, he's the Invaders writer.
    Who is writing the part of Namor's panel in MCP btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Yeah, the Bendis Defenders to me was more a hybrid of Heroes for Hire and Marvel Knights.

When I think Defenders, I think Dr. Strange, Namor, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Valkyrie, Hellcat, Gargoyle, Nighthawk, Hellstrom, Clea and Beast.
    When I think New Defenders, I think Valkyrie, Gargoyle, Moondragon, Beast, Angel and Iceman.
    When I think Marvel Knights, I think Daredevil, Black Widow, Cloak, Dagger, Elektra, Shang-Chi, Moon Knight, Power Man and Iron Fist.

And basically the Netflix Defenders were 'Heroes for Hire' in one way or another.
    Luke and Danny are the iconic 'Heroes for Hire' team.
    Matt is a lawyer and Jessica is a private investigator.
    So 'Heroes for Hire' would've been a pretty apt name for the team.
    H4H is too mercenary a name. Marvel knights is ok but Defenders is cleaner. They are Defenders of NYC in mission so it does not bother me. Plus Cage spent a long time on the old Defenders rooster. I think he might have been their only paid member.
    Also that last panel gave people stuck in the past. Dr. Strange and Gargoyle plus a number of NY based Defenders.

I don't think IF was in the MK series not that I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Who is writing the part of Namor's panel in MCP btw?
    Greg Pak, I think.

MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS #1

CHARLES SOULE, ANN NOCENTI, GREG PAK (W), PAULO SIQUEIRA, TOMM COKER & MORE (A)

COVER BY ARTHUR ADAMS & FEDERICO BLEE

VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM

VARIANT COVER BY MARCOS MARTIN

HIDDEN GEM VARIANT COVER BY ADI GRANOV

THE CLASSIC MARVEL SERIES RETURNS FOR MARVEL'S 80th ANNIVERSARY! Three titanic tales celebrating the first decade of Marvel stories! First -- an all-new tale of the man they call the Wolverine begins in the 1940s! Then comes Captain America, the first Avenger of World War II still fighting for freedom today! And finally, the untold tale of Namor and the atom bomb!

40 pages, $4.99.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oh well.
    Another five years or ten years then...

H4H is too mercenary a name. Marvel knights is ok but Defenders is cleaner. They are Defenders of NYC in mission so it does not bother me. Plus Cage spent a long time on the old Defenders rooster. I think he might have been their only paid member.
    Also that last panel gave people stuck in the past. Dr. Strange and Gargoyle plus a number of NY based Defenders.

I don't think IF was in the MK series not that I remember.
    I don't think he was either...
    I just pretend IF was there somewhere because he and Cage are the perfect partnership (and he's the only 'O'Neil Umbrella' character that wasn't there, unless you count Spiderwoman).
    I think if the series had lasted longer, he would've been in it.

BANNED

I think so too.

BANNED

IMO, Post MCU Phase 3, a classic Defenders movie really, really needs to happen.