Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I wonder if there would ever be a Defenders cartoon. There should have been one back in the 1980s.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I wonder if there would ever be a Defenders cartoon. There should have been one back in the 1980s.
    who would you cast? There are so many versions of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Well, I'm not sure about of all time, but probably for their time. They certainly had no problem taking on the Avengers. Loved the Avengers Defenders War!

Namor and Hulk put him through the wringer in that mini-series ... and then Dormammu squeezed him even harder. But that series was meant to be over the top. I don't think Namor and Hulk pushed him that in most the other books.

Wow. Man-Thing. I missed that. Was it the Secret Defenders?

I'm not sure I follow. You mean for adding characters more associated with the Defenders?

Hmmmm. I'm not sure about that, though I see your point. I think it's a concept the general public can embrace, as they've done with any number of supernatural types that are for hire. That said, Heroes for Hire is a more limited group / team (the last incarnation withstanding), whereas Marvel Knights can cover quite a few more characters, like your suggestions.

My problem is that I don't see the need for The Defenders to be reinvented. It's a great concept. As is Heroes 4 Hire. And Marvel Knights is a nice label. I think they are wasting a franchise opportunity by using Defenders for a team that is really something else, and equally valid. IOW, they are getting one franchise, instead of two
    What I mean as a launching pad is the Netflix Defenders could be a launching pad for characters the way the Avenger movie is bringing Falcon, Wanda, and Quicksilver etc to the big screen. Netflix Defenders could bring Moonknight or any number of other heroes to TV or movies.

Heroes for Hire if you do not read the book sounds like a group of mercenaries. I like Marvel Knights fine but I have always liked the name Defenders as a team name does sound more superish.

It seems the comics cannot make a go of the team lately, so I would rather it be used in this way that left to rot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    The Defenders is such a quirky group, and with the supernatural element (Son of Satan), I doubt it would have been made in the 1980s. Or if it had been, it would have been watered down and perhaps unrecognizable. But today? With Cartoon Network and Fox? Yeah, I could see something like that.

How long did Fearless Defenders last?

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Any love for the Ed Hannigan/Don Perlin material from @issues #78-83?

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    How long did Fearless Defenders last?
    12 issues.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

BANNED

What name would you guys use instead of the Defenders for a MCU version of the classic team? I can't think of much... and they'll have to do something like that eventually, I think.

The Order? Just kidding.

BANNED

BANNED

The Order? Just kidding.
    That would be alright, I guess. They've kind of removed the possibility of a Strange-led weird team by switching the name of the Knights with the Defenders. But maybe without Silver Surfer they don't want to? It'll be interesting to see what happens. The rebranding could theoretically give us a "Defenders" that sells better, if the new name is catchy.

Rebranding?

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post

BWAAA-HAHAHAH! Love that Mr. T cover!

BANNED

Rebranding?
    Because the Defenders will be, to the public at large, what the Knights were; a street-level Avengers. Sort of how the Guardians of the Galaxy are essentially cosmic Avengers. But this kind of leaves Marvel without a supernatural superhero team, unless they can rebrand the classic Defenders with a new name. And with the lack of long-term success of the Defenders in comics, I'd assume that we'll see an MCU style Defenders book in the near future. So the original concept exists, but needs a new name to be marketable.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_peterson View Post
    Because the Defenders will be, to the public at large, what the Knights were; a street-level Avengers. Sort of how the Guardians of the Galaxy are essentially cosmic Avengers. But this kind of leaves Marvel without a supernatural superhero team, unless they can rebrand the classic Defenders with a new name. And with the lack of long-term success of the Defenders in comics, I'd assume that we'll see an MCU style Defenders book in the near future. So the original concept exists, but needs a new name to be marketable.
    Suggestions? Seems they have tried everything with these guys.