Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Hyperion" Takes Flight At Marvel With Wendig & Virella

The Squadron Supreme lead will go solo in a new series from "Star Wars: Aftermath" writer Chuck Wendig and "1872" artist Nik Virella.

Full article here.

I will at least try the first issue. I liked Hyperion during Hickman's run.

Now that I'm seeing this won't be in New York I'm much more interested. Glad to see Marvel spreading it's properties out again geographically. I really wish that idea would have taken hold during the Iniative era.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Amazing Member

Cool. I really like this Hyperion. (Always liked the character better than Supes). I was really hoping for the Squadron Supreme series to be based in their traditional universe and see the Marvel version of DC...but the focus on them in the regular MU is interesting.

I am also glad it is diverse geographically. I am very surprised Marvel hasn't marketed to cities ala West Coast Avengers. Avengers: Chicago (tigra, moon knight and others), X-Men: San Francisco, Avengers: Code Blue NYC, West Coast Avengers or Avengers L.A.

I would think people from these big cities would be more apt to try the comics. Make the city the star of the books.

Plus, some international big markets as well. Marvel Title: New Delhi, Marvel Title Tokyo, X-Men: Brazil, Invaders: London, etc.
    Last edited by Thorionthei; 10-23-2015 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I will at least try the first issue. I liked Hyperion during Hickman's run.
    Same here. Glad to see Hickman's work on him isn't going to waste.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

I only like Hyperion when he is with Thor.....

I want a buddy book instead
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Spectacular Member

From Wendig's "sexy motherf**ker" comment I believe that answers the question of Hyperion's sexuality. At this point it would be shocking if they make him straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorionthei View Post
    Cool. I really like this Hyperion. (Always liked the character better than Supes). I was really hoping for the Squadron Supreme series to be based in their traditional universe and see the Marvel version of DC...but the focus on them in the regular MU is interesting.

I am also glad it is diverse geographically. I am very surprised Marvel hasn't marketed to cities ala West Coast Avengers. Avengers: Chicago (tigra, moon knight and others), X-Men: San Francisco, Avengers: Code Blue NYC, West Coast Avengers or Avengers L.A.

I would think people from these big cities would be more apt to try the comics. Make the city the star of the books.

Plus, some international big markets as well. Marvel Title: New Delhi, Marvel Title Tokyo, X-Men: Brazil, Invaders: London, etc.
    I like the idea, but i think that would be spreading the concept too thin.

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redvector View Post
    From Wendig's "sexy motherf**ker" comment I believe that answers the question of Hyperion's sexuality. At this point it would be shocking if they make him straight.
    I would really love it if he were gay; Marvel desperately needs to improve their LGBT representation.

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

I'll give this a shot. I love Virella's art and Hyperion is a thoroughly underutilised character.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesebiggins View Post
    I would really love it if he were gay; Marvel desperately needs to improve their LGBT representation.
    QUOTED FOR TRUTH!!! And he is one sexy motherf*cker!!!! I'd happily have Marvel trade in Herc for Hyperion
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    QUOTED FOR TRUTH!!! And he is one sexy motherf*cker!!!! I'd happily have Marvel trade in Herc for Hyperion
    Lol so fickle.

But I kid. I actually think a gay Superman being a fish out of water in Middle America is a pretty neat concept, granted they don't go all hamfisted with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Lol so fickle.

But I kid. I actually think a gay Superman being a fish out of water in Middle America is a pretty neat concept, granted they don't go all hamfisted with it.
    Especially since Hyperion, unlike Superman, doesn't seem conflicted at all about his godlike stature or ability. Also he has a very patriarchal view on mankind and Earth.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 10-23-2015 at 09:17 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Lol so fickle.

Lol! It's not fickle, it's just being proactive. Bi erasing Herc was still a poor move by Axel; but we have three other bisexual solo stars, and never had a gay one (and Herc was still uber ladies man and the least openly bisexual). So a very rarely bisexual star traded in for our first gay solo star (who always have a romance/love interest/flirtations) is a definite upgrade. I'm just trying to be positive rather than become this horribly bitter person who can't let go. Elsa it up, gurrrrl
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 10-23-2015 at 09:20 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Especially since Hyperion, unlike Superman, doesn't seem conflicted at all about his godlike stature or ability. Also he has a very patriarchal view on mankind and Earth.
    Whoa, interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Lol! It's not fickle, it's just being proactive. Bi erasing Herc was still a poor move by Axel; but we have three other bisexual solo stars, and never had a gay one (and Herc was still uber ladies man and the least openly bisexual). So a very rarely bisexual star traded in for our first gay solo star (who always have a romance/love interest/flirtations) is a definite upgrade. I'm just trying to be positive rather than become this horribly bitter person who can't let go. Elsa it up, gurrrrl
    Well, when you put it in THAT perspective!