Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

5 issues too long.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Yes several things count towards diversity black male characters included. Why would someone that wants to see a black male character included just settle for another example of diversity being in a line-up. When people want more gay characters in books and claim gays are underrepresented. Stating hey what are you talking about we have characters from all over the world and blue people that does not negate the fact that a particular type of diverse character is absent. As far as black male characters in X-books go. The track record speaks for itself and every and any other type of character including blue people is thrown out as a example of diversity in it's place. So this board is definitely not one of those fandoms.
    This tripe takes the place, production time and budget of what could have been a great mini (humorous or not) featuring a Black character.

BANNED

Actually, red-headed male characters are rather relatively rare, especially in the X-books, in contrast to red-headed female characters (all those Greys!) so this is a nice counter-balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Can't let this one slide.

Moon Girl...Not a black dude
    Ms. Marvel...not a black dude
    Miles Morales....not a mutant
    Sam Alexander...not a mutant
    Sam Wilson as Captain America not a mutant
    Cho as Hulk...not a black dude
    Sunspot leading the New Avengers (that include Hulkling and Wiccan) not a black dude (anymore!) and the last two are the biggest piecest of white male gay propaganda in comics sooo uh no.
    Red Wolf..not a black dude
    Silk....not a black dude
    Nightmask....I don't know what WTF he is, but hes not a mutant
    Black Panther...not a mutant.
    The Ultimates in general(can you not tell them apart or....)
    Miguel O'Hara ....not a black dude
    Spider-Man India....not a black dude, also not sure if that is his real name tho.

I can understand some of the things you guys get upset about, and I don't know your personal definition of diversity, but that's a pretty astonishing line-up to most people. The big four are now comprised of Tony, Sam Wilson, a woman and a Korean guy and you think Marvel's not making an effort toward diversity? Because of this one series?
    what is the big Four? are the on any X-team?Oh they aren't? Then why mention them this is the X-books, on a thread aboutX- characters. Damn can I not comment on the lack of black males in X-men without someone reaching for minority representation, that doesn't include one example of the representation I am commenting the franchise currently lacks.

I wasn't sure if S.k.i.d. counted female-led titles as "diverse" or not. There will soon be 17 of those, when there were zero at the time X-23 was cancelled.
    I honestly could care less about the lily white female led books to be perfectly honest. I'm gay so big boobs hold no power over me!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by icantstandthisindecision View Post
    There are quite a few different things that count towards diversity that most people wrongfully don't consider. Sometimes it feels like if it's not a black male character it's not diversity at all, according to multiple fandoms.
    Why the fuck is it NEVER A BLACK MALE CHARACTER?

It's seriously like I'm at at #blacklivesmatter rally and you people are holding up signs that read #alllivesmatter

UGHHHH

Yes several things count towards diversity black male characters included. Why would someone that wants to see a black male character included just settle for another example of diversity being in a line-up. When people want more gay characters in books and claim gays are underrepresented. Stating hey what are you talking about we have characters from all over the world and blue people that does not negate the fact that a particular type of diverse character is absent. As far as black male characters in X-books go. The track record speaks for itself and every and any other type of character including blue people is thrown out as a example of diversity in it's place. So this board is definitely not one of those fandoms.
    two very big *snaps* to you
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdsm24 View Post
    Actually, red-headed male characters are rather relatively rare, especially in the X-books, in contrast to red-headed female characters (all those Greys!) so this is a nice counter-balancing.
    aka #alllivesmatter

Dazzler getting an ongoing again?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    Man. Will you look at all that diversity!!! A new mutant! A red head! Groundbreaking!! No wonder DC's getting my money
    what is the big Four? are the on any X-team?Oh they aren't? Then why mention them this is the X-books, on a thread aboutX- characters. Damn can I not comment on the lack of black males in X-men without someone reaching for minority representation, that doesn't include one example of the representation I am commenting the franchise currently lacks.
    You said that DC was getting your money, implying that all of Marvel is lacking diversity. It that's not what you meant, it was communicated poorly. You did not comment on the lack of black males in the X-Men, but instead about "diversity" in general. Does diversity only mean black men to you? Either way, you might have rephrased your post for clarity.
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Literally all I was saying was that people need to stop assuming that just because a character does not equal a black male means that they do not make for character diversity. Which is trite and false.

Why the fuck is it NEVER A BLACK MALE CHARACTER?

It's seriously like I'm at at #blacklivesmatter rally and you people are holding up signs that read #alllivesmatter

UGHHHH
    Did I say that it couldn't be? No, what I said was that just because a character isn't a black male doesn't mean that they don't count towards diversity. Could we have more black male characters in the X-Books? Hell yeah. But I was saying that there were more things that counted as 'diversity,' and don't try to vilify me for something that wasn't said.

You said that DC was getting your money, implying that all of Marvel is lacking diversity. It that's not what you meant, it was communicated poorly. You did not comment on the lack of black males in the X-Men, but instead about "diversity" in general. Does diversity only mean black men to you? Either way, you might have rephrased your post for clarity.
    posting in the X-books forum,one does assume one is talking ABOUT the X-men, or one of the satellite teams.

Literally all I was saying was that people need to stop assuming that just because a character does not equal a black male means that they do not make for character diversity. Which is trite and false.

Did I say that it couldn't be? No, what I said was that just because a character isn't a black male doesn't mean that they don't count towards diversity. Could we have more black male characters in the X-Books? Hell yeah. But I was saying that there were more things that counted as 'diversity,' and don't try to vilify me for something that wasn't said.
    lol assuming? No one here is assuming anything. It's a slap in the face when people criticize the lack of black males in X-men and people dig up representations of other minorities.Cool. Great. Way to fucking go. But where are my black male X-men? Yes, Yes, Yes, please continue to heap praises for the "diverse" X-men of which only black females seem to be allowed in.

Mighty Member

posting in the X-books forum,one does assume one is talking ABOUT the X-men, or one of the satellite teams.
    So the automatic binary choice is either X-Men or DC? How does that make sense?

It's a slap in the face when people criticize the lack of black males in X-men and people dig up representations of other minorities.Cool. Great. Way to fucking go. But where are my black male X-men? Yes, Yes, Yes, please continue to heap praises for the "diverse" X-men of which only black females seem to be allowed in.
    YOU DID NOT DO THAT. You can't get mad at people for going off of what you type and not what's in your head. That's on you, man.

So the automatic binary choice is either X-Men or DC? How does that make sense?

It does if you discover you don't particularly care for Marvel outside of the X-men

YOU DID NOT DO THAT. You can't get mad at people for going off of what you type and not what's in your head. That's on you, man.
    I am confused about this post. I just commented on the lack of black male representation in Xmen and some posters asked me to look at various other minority groups as diverse. I replied, they replied etc.

Mighty Member

It does if you discover you don't particularly care for Marvel outside of the X-men
    How could anyone have known that from what you typed?

I am confused about this post. I just commented on the lack of black male representation in Xmen and some posters asked me to look at various other minority groups as diverse. I replied, they replied etc.
    Your first post just mentions "diversity" and says nothing about black males in particular. I and others responded to that post. The "black male" stuff didn't come until your comments on our responses.

I think this mini might be a fun read.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I did not see anyone assuming that. What i did see was you jump up to imply that having other forms of diversity somehow nullifies the absence of black males. Anyone that reads the X-men clearly know that black males are not the only form of diversity. It is funny that black males get singled out in this subject, especially concerning the X-men which has had a few black males sporadically appear in the main books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jdsm24 View Post
    Ever read Peter Alan David's X-Factor? It was Ginger central.

I did not see anyone assuming that. What i did see was you jump up to imply that having other forms of diversity somehow nullifies the absence of black males. Anyone that reads the X-men clearly know that black males are not the only form of diversity. It is funny that black males get singled out in this subject, especially concerning the X-men which has had a few black males sporadically appear in the main books.
    Thank you for putting into words what I could not. In no way am I saying that various minorities on an X-Team doesnt count as diversity. But how many of these 'diverse' teams have we seen without a black male super powered mutant. And I'm not saying every black male mutant should be an Omega level (one would be nice but..) but the last black mutant that was introduced on an X-team with any sort of offensive power was Synch in 19 fucking 94!! The whole X-books could be seen as cultural appropriation, lifting ideas, and story lines straight out of the civil rights/apartheid era but putting a lily white face on it. It's like the everyone has been swayed by Iggy Azalea!! But seriously It saddens me to think that I got into comics with an old copy of the New Mutants adventure in Mojoworld Sunspot and Magik were instantly my favorite followed by Dani (and the brat pack) I begin picking up Genertaion X when I got older, and even though I Looooooove the whole team I saw myself connect more with Synch and SKin. I figured that as time progressed there will be more minority males on X-teams that there would be no need to call out for a black male to represent. But we have literally gone backwards. If that is your example of diversity than let me be the first one to *shudder*