Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Default 60th Anniversary: Quicksilver/Pietro Maximoff Appreciation Thread

Welcome to the Quicksilver Appreciation Thread, now celebrating 60 years of Quicksilver!

Created by Jack Kirby and Stan Lee, Quicksilver debuted alongside his twin sister The Scarlet Witch in Uncanny X-Men (1963) #4

Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver is being released this year for the Maximoff Twins Anniversary

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quicksilver Links:

Marvel Wiki
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 03-03-2024 at 02:45 PM.

So what has everyone thought of how Orlando writes Quicksilver in Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver?

Hopes for the character in the future?

Wanda's getting a new series directly after SW&Q so should Pietro have a series too?

Personally I'm just glad to be getting any kind of Quicksilver content since he's basically been in comic limbo since his No Surrender series.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    So what has everyone thought of how Orlando writes Quicksilver in Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver?

Hopes for the character in the future?

Wanda's getting a new series directly after SW&Q so should Pietro have a series too?

Personally I'm just glad to be getting any kind of Quicksilver content since he's basically been in comic limbo since his No Surrender series.

I am tired of something always triggering conflict between the twins. It's been sixty years and it was old twenty years ago. Hopefully Orlando can have them make up. I would love it if some editor just sat down writers and said - okay, are they good with each other or not? And whatever gets the most votes is the status quo for the twins for at least five years. So if they're good, fine, we've got them moving onward and getting along. If they're not, then they don't need to be in each other's lives and can get some much needed breathing room from each other. That said it may be a bad thing for Pietro as most writers (and readers) clearly favor Wanda.

Wanda is the character that gets a crack at a proper solo while Pietro gets a mini once every few years. Though in fairness to Wanda it was six years between her run in 2016 and the run in 2023 with occasional minis like Darkhold & Trial of Magneto.

I would love to see Pietro get a series on his own even if it starts off as a mini to test the waters for more. As for what that could be? Hard to say but I'm open to most of anything as long as it's adding to the character in a manner that is positive.

Astonishing Member

Got to get Pietro out of green!

Quote Originally Posted by Water Spire View Post
    I am tired of something always triggering conflict between the twins. It's been sixty years and it was old twenty years ago. Hopefully Orlando can have them make up. I would love it if some editor just sat down writers and said - okay, are they good with each other or not? And whatever gets the most votes is the status quo for the twins for at least five years. So if they're good, fine, we've got them moving onward and getting along. If they're not, then they don't need to be in each other's lives and can get some much needed breathing room from each other. That said it may be a bad thing for Pietro as most writers (and readers) clearly favor Wanda.

Wanda is the character that gets a crack at a proper solo while Pietro gets a mini once every few years. Though in fairness to Wanda it was six years between her run in 2016 and the run in 2023 with occasional minis like Darkhold & Trial of Magneto.

I would love to see Pietro get a series on his own even if it starts off as a mini to test the waters for more. As for what that could be? Hard to say but I'm open to most of anything as long as it's adding to the character in a manner that is positive.
    I do think he should have his own series too, even if it's just a mini, there's a lot of potential to his character that marvel isn't let happen. He's their number 1 speedster character and I wish he'd get a bit more focus.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Got to get Pietro out of green!
    I really perfer him in the light blue and not the green! I always associate the green with his Brotherhood days, something from the past.