Page 269 of 271 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271 LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 4057
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Hunter B-15, Okoye, MJ and Nakia aren't superheroes and the ones from those shows have uncertain canonicity.

Luis isn't a superhero either. He's just a guy.
    I included heroes(those who do heroic type stuff like lois lane,iris west,some of the agents of shield cast etc.. even if they are not superheroes) since heroes was mention as well not just superheroes but if only talking about only superheroes then you will be right to a point, but hunter b-15,okoye are heroes(heroic).

Okoye has done batgirl/batwoman/black widow/mockingbird type of stuff.
    I think she should be called a superhero too by way and maybe nakia and maybe hunter b-15 since she has the power staff/stick and i think she is physically enhanced like the rest of hunters for example but that is another debate.

These hunters bring in vampires,loki and others and hunter b-15 became the most heroic of them in the end of the first season.

Note-i include the past shows because at one point they were canon(the early ones or anything up to 2015 i think)and even then not anymore but they still listed as mcu shows even if they are not canon.
    Last edited by mace11; 08-23-2021 at 02:41 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I included heroes(those who do heroic type stuff like lois lane,iris west,some of the agents of shield cast etc.. even if they are not superheroes) since heroes was mention as well not just superheroes but if only talking about only superheroes then you will be right to a point, but hunter b-15,okoye are heroes(heroic).

Okoye has done batgirl/batwoman/black widow/mockingbird type of stuff.
    I think she should be called a superhero too by way and maybe nakia and maybe hunter b-15 since she has the power staff/stick and i think she is physically enhanced like the rest of hunters for example but that is another debate.

These hunters bring in vampires,loki and others and hunter b-15 became the most heroic of them in the end of the first season.
    I see what you mean but I think superhero either needs powers, tech which simulates powers, or at least enough gadgets and tools, like Batman or Captain America. Admittedly the line gets a bit blurred with things like TVA's pruning sticks, but anyone can use those. Hunter B-15 doesn't even have a costume or identity. And Nakia and Okoye are more like agents than superheroes IMO

Extraordinary Member

By the way this report deals with hollywood and what is going recently.
    It's really good news but of course there is more ways to go.
    I should post this in the other minority thread too.

Women, Actors of Color Better Represented in 2019 Films, Study Finds
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...study-1276228/

Extraordinary Member

I forgot to mention Joaquin Torres the second falcon from the comics and latino was in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier mcu show.
    He could be a superhero down the road too in the mcu.

Ultimate Member

By the way this report deals with hollywood and what is going recently.
    It's really good news but of course there is more ways to go.
    I should post this in the other minority thread too.

Women, Actors of Color Better Represented in 2019 Films, Study Finds
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...study-1276228/
    Good to hear.

I forgot to mention Joaquin Torres the second falcon from the comics and latino was in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier mcu show.
    He could be a superhero down the road too in the mcu.
    Could be. I know this version has been criticized for not being accurate to the comics' version
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 08-23-2021 at 03:46 PM.

Inverse published an article about how Shang-Chi was reclaimed from its racist origins with Fu Manchu.

https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...mpaign=inverse

Extraordinary Member

There is a thread about the new upcoming asian iron fist but i wanted to post the info here as well too and a video.

Why Marvel is making Iron Fist Asian After 50 Years Explained

Marvel Confirms Its New Iron Fist Is an Asian Superhero
    Marvel's mysterious new Iron Fist will be an Asian superhero in an effort to push past the "complicated legacy" associated with Danny Rand.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-new-iron-...ian-superhero/

Asian Iron Fist Details, Character Designs Revealed by Marvel
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ma...acter-designs/

Extraordinary Member

BREAKING Marvel's Shang-Chi 2 & TV Series Confirmed by Marvel Studios

Destin Daniel Cretton Inks Overall Deal With Marvel Studios & Hulu’s Onyx Collective; Set For Disney+ MCU Series & ‘Shang-Chi’ Sequel

EXCLUSIVE: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings filmmaker Destin Daniel Cretton has entered into an exclusive multi-year overall deal with Disney companies Marvel Studios and Hulu’s Onyx Collective. The filmmaker is already in development with Marvel Studios on a new MCU series for Disney+.
    At the same time, Disney has made it official that Cretton is returning to write and direct the previously rumored sequel to Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.

Under the big new overall deal, Cretton will develop TV projects for both Marvel Studios for Disney+ and Onyx Collective across all platforms, including Hulu. Maui-born Cretton will produce through a new production company he is launching with partner Asher Goldstein, named Family Owned. Together they will focus on building a slate of projects in film and TV that highlight the experiences of communities that have traditionally been overlooked by pop culture.
    Clink link below to read more.
    https://deadline.com/2021/12/destin-...el-1234885502/

Hmmm, nothing solid on Black Panther and Wakanda stuff huh...? Interesting.

Extraordinary Member

Some America Chavez talk/news.

'Doctor Strange 2': America Chavez to Appear at Disneyland's Avengers Campus
    Xochitl Gomez, who plays Chavez in the new Marvel picture, announced the news on Disney Parks' YouTube.
    https://collider.com/doctor-strange-...ace-character/

In a recent interview with Deadline, Xochitl Gomez and Marvel executive Victoria Alonso discussed the importance of America Chavez.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is set to add quite a bit to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and perhaps its most important addition will be Xochitl Gomez‘s new young hero, America Chavez. The character, who can punch open portals to other universes, will undoubtedly be an integral part of Marvel’s superhero repertoire going forward, but it won’t be her abilities that mean the most to some viewers. Chavez is a Latina member of the LGBTQ+ community, raised by two loving mothers in her own timeline. Marvel Studios Executive Producer Victoria Alonso, herself raising a daughter with her wife, commented on what it would have meant to her had America been on the big screen in her youth:
    What it would’ve meant is to have had a tad more understanding of the person that I was and that I was growing into being was not invisible. I think visibility at any age is incredibly important whether you’re 10, 20, 30 or 80. To have your people and to have someone who says, ‘I am, and it’s OK. I am, and I am powerful. I am, and I belong.’ I think any young adult could have that today, [specifically] the 42 percent of LGBTQIA adults that consider suicide or those that do it, would probably think twice that maybe they’re OK [as they are]. My hope today is that—as a small gift from a bunch of filmmakers that want to tell great stories—if there are any kids out there thinking even minimally that their lives are not worth it, I can honestly tell you their lives are worth it and we will celebrate it with them.
    To read more go here
    https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/xo...se-of-madness/

How Changes to America Chavez in ‘Doctor Strange 2’ Set Up Young Avengers

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/ho...oung-avengers/

Xochitl Gomez’s America Chavez is Younger Than In the Comics in ‘Multiverse of Madness’
    https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/xo...se-of-madness/

Extraordinary Member

America Chavez - the Marvel history of Doctor Strange 2's powerful new teen hero
    America Chavez is one of the most powerful heroes in Marvel Comics, she's arrived in the MCU
    https://www.gamesradar.com/america-c...-gomez-marvel/

Extraordinary Member

Ms. Marvel Co-Creator Reveals the Key Difference Between the Show and Comic
    Ms. Marvel co-creator Sana Amanat explains how Kamala's admiration of Carol Danvers from the comics was translated to the small screen.
    https://www.cbr.com/ms-marvel-comic-...carol-danvers/

Extraordinary Member

It's interesting that marvel never got rid of the legacy characters that came out in later marvel now and all new and all different marvel now or they went back to what they did in all new all marvel now right under the anti-sjw noses.
    The difference is recently they are not making a big deal about it like they did before and telling about it on tv etc..

Examples.

X-23 is now Wolverine again.

"REVENGE OF THE BROOD" PART 2! Carol Danvers returns to space – and to the X-Men?! A mysterious degraded message from Rogue has arrived at the same time that Carol's emergency beacon begins screaming with cries from Binary... and that cannot possibly be a coincidence. Carol assembles a team of allies, including Polaris, Gambit, Wolverine, and Psylocke, bent on rescue, but what they find instead is a dangerous old enemy bent on revenge!!
    Jane foster is still valkyrie but she became a thor in the recent new thor movie.

Sam wilson is now captain america again in comics because of the mcu.

Iron heart was never called iron man even when she first had her first solo comic out called iron man.
    Anyway she is still iron heart and is now in the mcu has mcu marvel action toys out.

Amadeus cho is now called brawn but still a hulk who is normally weaker then the normal version of hulk but when mad enough he could still get back to his original levels of hulk power and get bigger to look like his original hulk self for a short time but still not called hulk.

Amadeus Cho (Earth-616)
    Current Alias
    Brawn

Powers
    Hulk Physiology: Using an array of nanobots derived from technology created by the Leader, Amadeus Cho altered the structure of his cells to allow them to contain and use gamma energy. Initially, Amadeus possessed powers similar to his predecessor, Bruce Banner. When his Hulk personality took over, Amadeus was injected with another type of nanobots that were supposed to break down the Sternbots. These counter-bots were concentrated in Amadeus' brain, and were intended to cause him to lose a portion of his powers; however, they were also designed to allow Amadeus to direct them, so he instead used them to merge with the Hulk persona and assume a smaller and slimmer form.

Superhuman Strength
    Superhuman Durability
    Superhuman Stamina
    Regenerative Healing Factor

Rage Form: While his current physiology is statistically weaker than that of his original Hulk transformation, Cho has shown he can reobtain said levels of strength, albeit temporarily, whenever he truly succumbs to his rage.When this occurs, Cho bulks up into a larger, burlier more destructive form which can cause massive tidal waves and shake the earth at its peak.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-30-2022 at 06:57 AM.

Tiger Division are a cool group of Asian characters and I hope they take off.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-03-2022 at 09:30 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Tiger Division are a cool group of Asian characters and I hope they take off.
    Agreed... co-signed!