Page 257 of 271 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 4057
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    After the appearance of Robbi Reyes' Ghost Rider on SHIELD (don't say anything about the plot, I haven't watched it yet), there's still talk of a Ghost Rider Netflix series. Personally, I'm torn on this. On one hand, a GR series with anyone, if done right, would be beyond awesome, and I want to see Robbie promoted more as a badass Hispanic character. On the other hand, I personally feel that a Netflix show would better fit Johnny Blaze and/or Danny Ketch. What do you all think? Also, I wonder if we'll ever see Alejandra again?
    I made for OCT 2017 a number of MCU Supernatural character idea videos, and for Ghost Rider I said the first season should star both Blaze and Reyes, but Reyes should be the first one to join the Midnight Sons. When talking to my friends they feel about the same that Blaze and Reyes feel like deciding between Jordan and Stewart for the Green Lantern DCEU that both are so popular you will need to use both, though the one to first off join a team should be the one who can play off the characters and actors also included.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    After the appearance of Robbi Reyes' Ghost Rider on SHIELD (don't say anything about the plot, I haven't watched it yet), there's still talk of a Ghost Rider Netflix series. Personally, I'm torn on this. On one hand, a GR series with anyone, if done right, would be beyond awesome, and I want to see Robbie promoted more as a badass Hispanic character. On the other hand, I personally feel that a Netflix show would better fit Johnny Blaze and/or Danny Ketch. What do you all think? Also, I wonder if we'll ever see Alejandra again?
    Robbie in the show was closer to what a traditional ghost rider tone would be so he'd be fine as a netflix lead.

The problem with him on netflix is they haven't done the mystical elements well. So he'd be better off on ABC with a 8 episode run (like agent carter or inhumans).

I doubt we'd see alejandra pop up again.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I made for OCT 2017 a number of MCU Supernatural character idea videos, and for Ghost Rider I said the first season should star both Blaze and Reyes, but Reyes should be the first one to join the Midnight Sons. When talking to my friends they feel about the same that Blaze and Reyes feel like deciding between Jordan and Stewart for the Green Lantern DCEU that both are so popular you will need to use both, though the one to first off join a team should be the one who can play off the characters and actors also included.
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Robbie in the show was closer to what a traditional ghost rider tone would be so he'd be fine as a netflix lead.

The problem with him on netflix is they haven't done the mystical elements well. So he'd be better off on ABC with a 8 episode run (like agent carter or inhumans).

I doubt we'd see alejandra pop up again.
    One way to rectify it would be to have an ABC mini about Robbie, and then a Netflix show about Johnny that could then be treated as a semi-prequel. Later on, they could meet in a crossover. Part of me still wants Danny or Johnny to be in a Midnight Sons show due to historical reasons, though Robbie could fit if done right.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Curlytop View Post
    Which is great, but it's mostly been the exception, not the rule. Being that they have only three canonically Romani characters, and they are all mostly depicted as white is inaccurate, and needs improved.
    Absolutely. Seeing Wanda and Pietro colored so pale when they should be brown is horrible. They are quite literally being whitewashed. And it seems across the comic industry, Roma is synonymous with 'ethnic whiteness'. I don't think I've seen a brown Roma character in Marvel or DC yet. Magneto, Polaris, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Dick Grayson, Doom, Luna.

I OFFICIALLY take back everything I said about Marvel's diversity push. With them giving non-white characters titles that use to belong to white characters. For example the Hulk or Iron man. Before I thought it was lazy on Marvel's push when they should be pushing the minority characters they ALREADY HAVE But... JESUS CHRIST..... Reading through Comicvine that site has become the comicbook site for alt righters. I hope Marvel keeps doing what they are doing to make these clowns angry. Who needs readers like them? I'm sorry of this post is dramatic.

Lastly you can tell its not just about white characters turning non-white. No they just dont wanna see non-white characters at all! With them constantly complaining about the Black Panther film.

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    I OFFICIALLY take back everything I said about Marvel's diversity push. With them giving non-white characters titles that use to belong to white characters. For example the Hulk or Iron man. Before I thought it was lazy on Marvel's push when they should be pushing the minority characters they ALREADY HAVE But... JESUS CHRIST..... Reading through Comicvine that site has become the comicbook site for alt righters. I hope Marvel keeps doing what they are doing to make these clowns angry. Who needs readers like them? I'm sorry of this post is dramatic.

Lastly you can tell its not just about white characters turning non-white. No they just dont wanna see non-white characters at all! With them constantly complaining about the Black Panther film.
    I feel you on that one, I used to be that site a while ago but their ignorance ran me off. It's a dead site anyways, let them bury themselves.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Comicvine turned to crap after merging with gamespot. They hardly even make articles or reviews on their front page anymore. I always mostly just went there for the battle forum section anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I feel you on that one, I used to be that site a while ago but their ignorance ran me off. It's a dead site anyways, let them bury themselves.
    I might just do that. Ashame what happened to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post
    Comicvine turned to crap after merging with gamespot. They hardly even make articles or reviews on their front page anymore. I always mostly just went there for the battle forum section anyway.
    When did the merg happen because I started noticing it a few years ago(the racism). And yea I only went there for the battle boards but even that went to crap.

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    When did the merg happen because I started noticing it a few years ago(the racism). And yea I only went there for the battle boards but even that went to crap.
    I think late 2015/early 2016

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    I think late 2015/early 2016
    I know there was some passive racism before those dates but after 2012... I know when I first joined(2010) Comicvine was very BLACK...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post
    I haven't been on Comicvine in so long. It's a shame that racist sh!tholes have taken over.

With the imminent success of the upcoming Black Panther movie and Captain Marvel and Black Widow movies in the pipe, what female/minority hero/heroine is poised to get a big screen, solo movie next?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    With the imminent success of the upcoming Black Panther movie and Captain Marvel and Black Widow movies in the pipe, what female/minority hero/heroine is poised to get a big screen, solo movie next?
    It won't happen but I could see a Hellcat movie working.

If Moon Knight counts ( part Jewish) I think a TV show would be cool.

I still want a Monica Rambeau kids cartoon

Invincible Member

A Millie The Model movie could be awesome if done right.

Blue Marvel based on the first mini set in the 60's

Daughters of the Dragon done as a grindhouse flick could be cool