Page 271 of 271 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271
Results 4,051 to 4,057 of 4057

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Sentry gets more eyeballs when he shows up and is generally a more dyanmic character than Blue Marvel, but BM has had the steadier usage, especially lately.

As for 'Solarus', the less said of them the better. That mini was just !@#$ing awful. I don't say that as someone who just 'didn't get what they want', but rather, it was just badly done every step of the way. The only bright spot is 'Solarus' choosing her own identity and path, but that really should have included making her own damn costume. Zero reason for her to use Sentry's from an in-world perspective. Just zero.
    I agreed and thought the story was just odd overall. Why make such an obvious move to erase him to make a new handicap hero? Just write a new book about a handicapped person that acquires powers. Sentry is a great character as is just get someone with the skills and guts to write him. Disagree with on Blue Marvel but for the same reason he's suffering from poor writers. Al Ewing made Brashear kind of cool in Mighty Avengers.

Making the villain in a Sentry book just kind of a generic 'crazy guy' while several lines in the mini read as condescending towards the mentally ill over a character who's entire thematic structure and narrative is about the silent suffering of the invisibly disabled by mental illness and our failure to communicate ABOUT mental health effectively is just ... not ... good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Sentry gets more eyeballs when he shows up and is generally a more dyanmic character than Blue Marvel, but BM has had the steadier usage, especially lately.

As for 'Solarus', the less said of them the better. That mini was just !@#$ing awful. I don't say that as someone who just 'didn't get what they want', but rather, it was just badly done every step of the way. The only bright spot is 'Solarus' choosing her own identity and path, but that really should have included making her own damn costume. Zero reason for her to use Sentry's from an in-world perspective. Just zero.
    She could have kept the S at least for the name she chose, but maybe she's willing to learn from the guy who used her current powers for much longer, assuming she keeps getting access to his memories. Beyond the fighty flashbacks she brought up the Void (she's not supposed to be into superheroes) and Ryan brought up Man of Two Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Was she a good showrunner on the Walking Dead?
    Was Nia DaCosta a good director in Candyman?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Was Nia DaCosta a good director in Candyman?
    I don't know, i haven't seen either version of candyman to judge it.

Based on your post, I thought Kang's expierence on the Walking dead was a bad omen for Silk. Is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    The thing about the new Sentry (Solarus) is that Sentry has not only had 5 miniseries including this last one (4 if we don't include Age of the Sentry which was alternate universe), and not only appeared in 2 crossover events in recent years (Annihilation Scourge and King in Black), but will also appear in the Thunderbolts movie next year. I expect Marvel to at least try to keep her around.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Well used and popular obviously are two different worlds. He's popular enough that he was included in a few different minis and with different groups of heroes. His name was brought up in at least 5 different nerd culture podcast and publications where the discussion was on Wandavision and later on in The Marvels movie. Right now he's a Thanos book on a team that's "Illuminati-lite" just got through leading a Defenders team.
    Ok.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-07-2024 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Based on your post, I thought Kang's expierence on the Walking dead was a bad omen for Silk. Is it?
    Oh, my bad. What I mean is than Marvel has have bad luck related to the name "Kang", lately.
    But even if the work of Kang in the Walking dead was extraordinary... the problem here is Sony. Their management of the Spider-Man related propierties has been... less than stellar, kindly speaking .
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Oh, my bad. What I mean is than Marvel has have bad luck related to the name "Kang", lately.
    But even if the work of Kang in the Walking dead was extraordinary... the problem here is Sony. Their management of the Spider-Man related propierties has been... less than stellar, kindly speaking .
    Yeah they are considered "so bad it's good" territory.

So my hopes are pretty low.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-08-2024 at 10:03 AM.