Page 3 of 271 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Maybe Spencer can "out" this mysterious LGBT Avenger that Hickman has mentioned.

Spencer is writing Avengers World, where the stories are more character focused. I would imagine this would be the perfect place for such a thing.

To my knowledge Stonewall has never been outed in comics. Hickman saying "he's gay" in an interview has as much comic cannon as Rob Liefeld saying Shatterstar isn't bisexual in an interview. Similar to JK Rowling outing Dumbledore; it's a cheap "add on".

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Maybe Spencer can "out" this mysterious LGBT Avenger that Hickman has mentioned.
    Spencer is writing Avengers World, where the stories are more character focused. I would imagine this would be the perfect place for such a thing.
    I assume this is where it will happen, if it happen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post

I don't see why editors would be against it? Bendis outed Christopher in the best, easiest, simplest way and it got an article on CBR; despite us being heavily into Infinity.
    Outing a member of the Avengers will get you more press.
    These days that's one of the things that matters most to editors.

Just offering a possibility though.

What other Black/Hispanic female could get a solo or headline a team?

Storm has a solo.
    Monica is field leader of Mighty Avengers.

Should Marvel try another H4H series with Misty Knight? What about a White Tiger solo? Shuri and Agents of Atlas?

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Outing a member of the Avengers will get you more press.
    These days that's one of the things that matters most to editors.
    Just offering a possibility though.
    I still think it's highly unlikely (as shown by Bendis outing Benjamin Deeds). Fingers crossed you're right

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I still think it's highly unlikely (as shown by Bendis outing Benjamin Deeds). Fingers crossed you're right
    I always try to look for the positive, so here's hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    America Chavez would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    I'm with you there..an Asian character who's skillset isnt martial arts or computer programming. I dont know how Asians feels about the Collective Man but I always thought he had a unique power. That could have been reworked into something less offensive.

Following up on the Collective Man discussion, is there anyone who is of Chinese Heritage, Asian Heritage or anyone who knows more about this than I could tell us where the Collective Man could fall into a stereotypical or problematic portrayal? Is it because of the potential of portraying China as a monolith, or is their a "Mother of Champions" level problem that lies within the root of the character?

Storm has a solo.

Should Marvel try another H4H series with Misty Knight? What about a White Tiger solo? Shuri and Agents of Atlas?
    Well, there's always Spider-Girl/Arana who could be apart of a Heroes 4 Hire relaunch.

As for Agents of Atlas (which was one of Marvel's best books before this current era), I'd love to see the Hispanic Yellow Jacket resurrected and put on that team.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    . Also I love Sabra...and she would make an interesting X-man. With views opposite Scott Summers.

Because the X-Men are short on Jewish girls with opposite views from Scott Summers? I mean, I guess you can always have another.

BANNED

Storm has a solo.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind reading a mini-series featuring the duo of Victor Alvarez and Ava Ayala........

kicking much gluteous maximus and it's a forgone conclusion that I'd love to see Shuri in a solo book exploring just what it means for her being the Queen of Wakanda and a Black Panther in her own right.

Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 05-01-2014 at 02:21 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AgPhoenix View Post
    Following up on the Collective Man discussion, is there anyone who is of Chinese Heritage, Asian Heritage or anyone who knows more about this than I could tell us where the Collective Man could fall into a stereotypical or problematic portrayal? Is it because of the potential of portraying China as a monolith, or is their a "Mother of Champions" level problem that lies within the root of the character?
    Granted, I'm not the Asian heritage person of what you speak, but it's less stereotype for the people as it is for the country. There's no Chinese stereotype of "Gee, there sure are a lot of Chinese people!" But his powers are based on an American 1980s macro view of China. Communist, and so many people they've instituted a one child system.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Yo be honest, I wouldn't mind reading a mini-series featuring the duo of Victor Alvarez and Ava Ayala kicking much gluteous maximus and it's a forgone conclusion that I'd love to see Shuri in a solo book exploring just what it means for her being the Queen of Wakanda and a Black Panther in her own right.
    I just keep waiting for her to turn evil. It always seems like they're half a plot twist away from having her turn on T'Challa.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    I just keep waiting for her to turn evil. It always seems like they're half a plot twist away from having her turn on T'Challa.
    To me, that would be a waste of her character.

I'm sure there are some readers who already see her as being "evil" despite the fact that some see Doom as being above good or evil by virtue of his being a Monarch.

I'd just like to see the growth that writers like David Liss and Jonathan Hickman have given her character continued.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post

If Spencer is the one who does it, I'm going to maintain that Hickman doesn't deserve any credit. If he leaves it up to another writer to actually out one of his characters, that just says he didn't want to do it himself.

Because Stonewall wasn't outed. He never came out. Even now, another writer could come along, having read all of Secret Warriors, and write Stonewall as straight simply because he didn't read the interview where Hickman stated he was supposed to be gay.

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Criticism is fine. Just make sure it is fair and please don't assume how another personal feels, believes or thinks. That includes your fellow cbr members AND the professionals that create the comics we read. Thanks. Proceed...