Page 90 of 271 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 4057

There have been a few characters with the temporary identity of Thor. That were great stories that fans embraced. What's wrong with a woman being in that position for a while? What if it's another great story. Odinson is still around and will be Thor again one day.

And guess what, one day there's going to be yet more people carrying the mantle of Thor. And if the stories are representations of what's happening in society, which a lot of art and literature is, then all the better.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Fearless Defenders was a decent book that nobody bought.

Journey Into Mystery featuring Sif was a really good book that nobody bought.

Branding matters as much as internet fandom seems not to want to understand that.

A female Thor book will always do better than a Valkerie or Sif book because Thor is a know quantity to
    the retaier and fans.
    Also I didn't see JIM or Fearless Defenders on shelves until AFTER they were axed. I got to read JIM free at the library and found issues 1-7 of Fearless in a dollar bin.

One thing our troll seems to forget is a lot of minority or female lead books don't benefit from reorders or over ordering of a book. If a store orders 6 issues of say Miles Morales guess what all 6 issues will sell out.

Miles Morales related stuff STAYS sold out here including the hard cover trades. Deadpool, Moon Knight & Wolverine can't say that.

Ok, so where are these so called fans that want diversity? Why did they not support that?
    Unlike say Tyler Perry fans-not everybody is a blind sheep that will buy whatever gets tossed at them. Just like straight white males have the right to buy whatever they want so do we.

If a minority book fails, it's content shouldn't be the issue. That has been the issue with so many books too much tossing something on the wall and seeing if it sticks.

Ms Marvel represents what happens when you put someone who gives a damn about the product and puts up an effort. I would probably say that about all the minority lead books at Marvel-these folks TRY. Unlike that other company.

Also if you don't like the fact we have a female Thor or a black Captain America.Blame the straight white males who refuse to give ORIGINAL minority characters a shot. Because that is who complains the most.

They belittle, insult, threaten, trash and degrade EVERYTHING a minority (mainly black ones) nonstop. Every failed white property can get a shot and no one complains but try to suggest a successful minority property and you get pandering chants and insults.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I'm not surprised he didn't answer because frankly this seems like reaching for something to get offended about. I'm not even sure what this talk of Stark stealing people's work again even means but it's not as though they flat out retconned it and said he built Sam's wings to begin with.

Like the space vibranium it's people overreacting.
    I don't see fans that read something in a comic book and then point out a clear inconsistency and want clarification as overreacting at all. If a dead character was just to reappear would not clarification be needed? If plans or armor that was shown destroyed was to just show up out the blue would not some sort of reasonable explanation be needed?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I don't see fans that read something in a comic book and then point out a clear inconsistency and want clarification as overreacting at all. If a dead character was just to reappear would not clarification be needed? If plans or armor that was shown destroyed was to just show up out the blue would not some sort of reasonable explanation be needed?
    Eh, the explanation was in that book. Stark built that version of Sam's wings, The End.

It doesn't mean Stark came up with the original idea.

It doesn't mean Marvel is trying to down play T'Challa.

It doesn't even mean Stark didn't consult at all with T'Challa in the process.

All Stark did was expand upon an existing invention. Which happens in the real world and not only that but all of the MU genius have done it T'Challa included. (See iron panther) The explanation is there but instead of being reasonable about it people immediately go to the most negative view of the situation.
    Last edited by Trident; 10-14-2014 at 07:08 AM.

BANNED

Sooo Rogers will b bk as CA by summer 2015?

Sheesh....seems Falcap wont last a few months.

Ultimate Member

"Welcome to NYCC 2014: Marvel 75: World Outside Your Window - Diversity In Marvel Comics!"

Ann Nocenti opened the panel explaining that she was an editor on the X-Men a long time ago, saying that "In those days, we had Storm, and that was it." She explained that she created Typhoid Mary to challenge the perception of women in Marvel comics.

The baton then passed to Don McGregor, who talked about his time working on Black Panther, saying that writing an all black cast was controversial at the time. "People kept asking, where are the white people? So I had the Panther fight the Ku Klux Klan."

Next up came Sana Amanat, discussing the creation of Ms. Marvel, explaining that, even a few years ago, she would never have guessed that there would be a major Mulsim-American character headlining her own title.

Kurt Busiek then explained that, when he first started writing at Marvel, "I wrote Power Man and Iron Fist, and that was our diversity..."

elektra.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/22376-nycc-...el-comics.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

They got Sunfire and Sunspot. They could bring back Synch and Thuderbird the indian guy but give him a different name.

Ultimate Member

"11 Characters Marvel Studios Should Consider for a Female-Led Movie"

Back on August 1, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige was asked how close he thought they were to getting a superhero movie out there with a female lead and he replied as follows:

“I think it comes down to timing, which is what I’ve sort of always said, and it comes down to us being able to tell the right story. I very much believe in doing it….I hope we do it sooner rather than later.”

Now with ten movies under their belt, and another eleven more on the horizon, it’s high time that Marvel open up the toy box of characters they have and throw some of their female characters onto the big screen in their own films and franchises.

That in mind, we thought of eleven female characters from the vast pantheon of Marvel’s catalog that we think are ripe for a cinematic experience..."

tiger.jpg

http://www.superherohype.com/feature...rowdignite.com

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Eh, the explanation was in that book. Stark built that version of Sam's wings, The End.

It doesn't mean Stark came up with the original idea.

It doesn't mean Marvel is trying to down play T'Challa.

It doesn't even mean Stark didn't consult at all with T'Challa in the process.

All Stark did was expand upon an existing invention. Which happens in the real world and not only that but all of the MU genius have done it T'Challa included. (See iron panther) The explanation is there but instead of being reasonable about it people immediately go to the most negative view of the situation.
    My post was more in regards of the overall situation of readers posing a legitimate question to the incident of the writer of the Ms. Marvel situation and how she handled it and how RR handled his situation.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post

It seems that this will be a tie-in to Secret Wars. Is a AU Steve... or a past Steve... whatever, WORLDS WILL COLLIDE.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    "11 Characters Marvel Studios Should Consider for a Female-Led Movie"

That in mind, we thought of eleven female characters from the vast pantheon of Marvel’s catalog that we think are ripe for a cinematic experience..."

http://www.superherohype.com/feature...rowdignite.com
    Hmm. I like White Tiger, and I'd love to see her show up in the MCU, but I'm not sure how best to go about it.

Elsa would be fun.

I'd love to see a Punisher movie that largely follows the Greg Rucka run, most particularly with Rachel Cole-Alves being there.

She-Hulk would be awesome.

The Daughters of the Dragon would be a great Netflix series. A Misty solo movie? I'm not quite as sold. Though obviously I would go to see it.

Ms. Marvel's an awesome character. Ready for a movie? I'm less certain. But it would definitely be an amazing move for Marvel to make.

Miss America would work in a team movie. Not a solo. At least, not until she's had a solo comic for a year or so. Which she should get, because she's awesome.

Kate Bishop would also work best in a Young Avengers movie. I'm not sure she's solo movie material, especially since Movie Hawkeye is so different from Comic Hawkguy, which would make it tougher to pull off a duo movie of the two.

Valkyrie, again, I'm not sold on a solo movie. But she'd make for a great addition to the MCU. She's awesome.

Runaways is cool, though Molly as the lead wouldn't be my choice. I'd say Nico would be the more natural lead, or possibly Gert. (Though I'd lay odds that if a Runaways movie gets made, Chase is going to get top billing.)

Captain Marvel is such a no-brainer that I don't know why Marvel hasn't already given it a release date. Seriously, Marvel, cut the shit and just announce her already. There is no character in your entire history more deserving of a movie. So no more excuses, no more playing coy, just say, "Captain Marvel's movie will come in 2017."

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Ms. Marvel's an awesome character. Ready for a movie? I'm less certain. But it would definitely be an amazing move for Marvel to make.
    I think she's more "animated series" material.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

I'd do a Carol Danvers Captain Marvel movie first before doing Ms. Marvel. I'm more partial to Kamala but I feel the fact that she idolizes Captain Marvel is too interesting an idea to just drop.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post

That's clearly not supposed to be current canon. Unless they decided to have Iron Man and Cap both go back to their classic looks or Spider-Man wear his Iron Spider suit again for no reason, that's either a flashback or alternate universe.
    Last edited by Holt; 10-14-2014 at 12:50 PM.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    I think she's more "animated series" material.
    Done right, I think that could be a big success.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    [I]"Welcome to NYCC 2014: Marvel 75: World Outside Your Window - Diversity In Marvel Comics!"

The baton then passed to Don McGregor, who talked about his time working on Black Panther, saying that writing an all black cast was controversial at the time. "People kept asking, where are the white people? So I had the Panther fight the Ku Klux Klan."

http://www.newsarama.com/22376-nycc-...el-comics.html
    lol! this is a joke right? He actually said that?