Page 113 of 271 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 4057

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    But why only do it 2 years in advance? Beyond that, given they know there's a demand for female- and minority-led movies, why not at a bare, absolute minimum confirm that there are movies scheduled that will have female and minority leads? Not even saying who it'll be or what the release dates will be, but just saying, "We will do it before Avengers 3."
    For your first question, a combination of film industry standards and relative stages of development, probably. Whatever's coming out on May 5, 2017 will be announced when they're ready to announce it.

You're aware they don't owe you marketing announcements on your preferred timetable, right?
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I wasn't asking for a link to (what you consider to be) negative comments -- I was asking for a link to an announced minority-led film or at least an explanation of why Marvel can't make said announcement, despite promising as much for the last half decade or so.

We both know the reason you can't do either is because it isn't possible -- if you had just said that at the beginning it would have saved everyone a lot of time.
    Lol
    Keep right on moving that goal post friend.

FYI

Is stated why I'm not posting links and explaining it anymore. Because they will be ignored. Heck only a few post above this one there is some admittance of knowing the general direction the films were headed in based on previous interviews and what happened? More denial, entitlement , and ignoring what is there. You want it look up yourself. Maybe I'll doing some digging another day but today is not the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    For your first question, a combination of film industry standards and relative stages of development, probably. Whatever's coming out on May 5, 2017 will be announced when they're ready to announce it.

You're aware they don't owe you marketing announcements on your preferred timetable, right?
    Sure, they don't "owe" anyone announcements. This isn't about what anyone's "owed." But I don't think audiences should just sit back and trust that Marvel's going to include female- and minority-led films in Phase 3. I think audiences need to keep pressuring Marvel. I think we need to keep telling them that we expect them to make those movies, and I think we can't let up at all until they confirm that the movies will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Lol

FYI

Is stated why I'm not posting links and explaining it anymore. Because they will be ignored. Heck only a few post above this one there is some admittance of knowing the general direction the films were headed in based on previous interviews and what happened? More denial, entitlement , and ignoring what is there. You want it look up yourself. Maybe I'll doing some digging another day but today is not the one.
    Uh, the audience doesn't know the general direction. Marvel knows the general direction, but they're not telling people what it is, beyond the next two years. At no point, anywhere, ever, has anyone from Marvel studios said that a female- or minority-led movie will happen in Phase 3. Feige's said they "want" to do those movies. He's blamed "timing." He's said the demand has them "taking another look" at their plans. But there has never been a statement that Phase 3 will include even a single film with a female or minority lead. Which is what's being asked for here: A confirmation that it's going to happen as part of Phase 3, before Avengers 3 comes out.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

In the past, I would have wondered about the profitability of a Black Panther film but after GotG, it's clear that small titles can be successful if the marketing is done right and the film is high quality.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    In the past, I would have wondered about the profitability of a Black Panther film but after GotG, it's clear that small titles can be successful if the marketing is done right and the film is high quality.
    Just to add...

And if a brand is established that makes audiences curious about other films you will put out.

People went for the theater to see GoTG because of the other films. It's questionable that film would have done as well as it did if the others had not existed

Also to add.....I also called that one being a hit in the old thread and people in this very discussion laughed at me. (Yep a threw my "I told you so" in there on the not so sly)

BANNED

Just to add...

And if a brand is established that makes audiences curious about other films you will put out.

People went for the theater to see GoTG because of the other films. It's questionable that film would have done as well as it did if the others had not existed

Also to add.....I also called that one being a hit in the old thread and people in this very discussion laughed at me. (Yep a threw my "I told you so" in there on the not so sly)
    Well. There is something said for leading and not following. Marvel/Disney risks losing an audience by slow-walking. Those who want Diversity arent at Marvel''s beck and call. they will go else-where.

So from a strictly business sense--Marvel Studio's is throwing money away. Minority lead stories are a genre just like Sci-Fi, and Horror. Imagine a studio deciding they wont make a sci-fi or horror movie because its not in their immediate plans.

Fine.

It just means that those audience members that want that will go elsewhere. And if Marvel/Disney feels comfortable being known as the anti-Diversity studio. That is certainly their right.

because the longer they wait the more it will be percieved as an after-thought. Or they were made to make a female or minority led movie. which is still a public relations nightmare.

Marvel didnt want to make it..they caved in to malcontents.
    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 10-24-2014 at 12:51 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Well. There is something said for leading and not following. Marvel/Disney risks losing an audience by slow-walking. Those who want Diversity arent at Marvel''s beck and call. they will go else-where.

So from a strictly business sense--Marvel Studio's is throwing money away. Minority lead stories are a genre just like Sci-Fi, and Horror. Imagine a studio deciding they wont make a sci-fi or horror movie because its not in their immediate plans.

Fine.

It just means that those audience members that want that will go elsewhere. And if Marvel/Disney feels comfortable being known as the anti-Diversity studio. That is certainly their right.

because the longer they wait the more it will be percieved as an after-thought. Or they were made to make a female or minority led movie. which is still a public relations nightmare.

Marvel didnt want to make it..they caved in to malcontents.
    The diverse led films are coming. But what was more important with Marvel and Comic films in general was establishing that they can be consistently fun, thought provoking, and entertaining. While also locking in an established fan based that makes Marvel and quality entertainment synonyms.

That needed to take place first before they began to unleash some of Marvels more obscure and riskier properties. Which I believe is a larger reason why Fiege or whoever set the phases in the way that they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    We're all agreed on how palpable Trident's sex appeal is though, right? Its giving me the vapors. Where's THAT poll ? ZING!
    Not sure if your poking fun at me lol

But I'm taking it as a complement and saying Thank you!
    Last edited by Trident; 10-24-2014 at 01:06 PM.

BANNED

The diverse led films are coming. But what was more important with Marvel and Comic films in general was establishing that they can be consistently fun, thought provoking, and entertaining. While also locking in an established fan based that makes Marvel and quality entertainment synonyms.

That needed to take place before first before they began to unleash some of Marvels more obscure and riskier properties. Which I believe is a larger reason why Fiege or whoever set the phases in the way that they did.
    I'm all for having a plan. But Black Widow deserves a solo film. Throw in Hawkeye as her sidekick.

Ultimate Member

Lol

FYI

Please, Trident -- no one moved any goal post. This was always about minority-led films and any links to already announced Marvel minority-led films do not exist because (unlike as with DC and Sony) said announcements do not exist.

Here's an example -- took all of ten seconds to find and post it.

http://screenrant.com/dc-marvel-movi...ule-2015-2020/

No minority-led films from Marvel, only DC, and no announcement of any solid plans by Marvel to release any in the near future.

That needed to take place first before they began to unleash some of Marvels more obscure and riskier properties. Which I believe is a larger reason why Fiege or whoever set the phases in the way that they did.
    Fair enough, we've established that. What people are asking is what's the excuse now?

Honestly, from this point on I just have to take everything you say as suspect because saying you "don't have time" to explain this is just a cop-out, plain and simple... especially when you seem to have so much time to argue as to why people should stop criticizing Marvel and just "be patient" instead.

Denial, entitlement... whatever, man. At least now I know where you really stand on the issue and can respond to your posts accordingly.

There's not much else to even say on the matter -- just be sure to let us know when you finally "find time" to post those "diverse" minority-led Marvel movie announcement links you're referring to -- we'll all be waiting.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 10-24-2014 at 01:31 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Please, Trident -- no one moved any goal post. This was always about minority-led films and any links to already announced Marvel minority-led films do not exist because said announcements do not exist.

Honestly, from this point on I just have to take everything you say as suspect because that is just a cop-out, plain and simple.

Denial, entitlement... whatever, man. At least I know where you really stand on the issue now and can respond to your posts accordingly.

Just be sure to let us know when you finally "find time" to post those minority-led Marvel announcement links you're referring to -- we'll all be waiting.
    Are you glad that you got that out of the way? Feel better that you perceivably "know me" are you ready to move on now? Are do you want to keep going with the Bravado? Because again unproductive conversation are the very reason we got on this making it personal however isn't even worth the time.

The diverse led films are coming.
    When? Before Avengers 3? After? Will it be 2017? 2019? 2025? When are the films coming?

But what was more important with Marvel and Comic films in general was establishing that they can be consistently fun, thought provoking, and entertaining. While also locking in an established fan based that makes Marvel and quality entertainment synonyms.

Which has been done. So why can't Marvel confirm that diverse films are in their current plans?

I'd also question whether Black Panther, in 2007, was more obscure than Iron Man.

What it ultimately comes down to is this: You trust that Marvel will do the films in 2017 and 2018. I refuse to simply take it on faith. I want them to come out and say it. Them "wanting" to do it, them finding the "time" for it, that's not enough. I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt until they actually give me a good reason to do so. I don't think I'm expecting much here. I don't think it's unreasonable to want them to just confirm that they have at least one female-led movie and at least one minority-led movie planned for release prior to Avengers 3. That's all I'm looking for them to say. I'm willing to believe them if they say it. My problem is that they're not willing to say it, and that makes me wonder why they're so unwilling to say it. It makes me wonder if they actually do have any female- or minority-led films planned for release before Avengers 3.

You're satisfied with just assuming it'll happen. I'm not.

BANNED

man, can't you minorities just wait? and wait some more? trust in uncle marvel and just wait. and stop complaining and being so negative while you trust and wait.

and wait.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty
    Which has been done. So why can't Marvel confirm that diverse films are in their current plans?
    lol

You were just given a partial answer to this no more than a page back. Thank you for proving my point as to why I'm not going through the trouble of finding old clips and articles.

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    man, can't you minorities just wait? and wait some more? trust in uncle marvel and just wait. and stop complaining and being so negative while you trust and wait.

and wait.
    Not even like that friend. And it's a little more complicated then simply putting the movies outs.
    Last edited by Trident; 10-24-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Ultimate Member

Are you glad that you got that out of the way? Feel better that you perceivably "know me" are you ready to move on now? Are do you want to keep going with the Bravado? Because again unproductive conversation are the very reason we got on this making it personal however isn't even worth the time.
    Nothing personal here whatsoever -- this is purely objective.

Just waiting for those links, is all... the ones from Marvel that feature minorities in lead film roles, that is.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Just to add...

That's true but GotG is a pretty obscure superhero group (or at least it was). Even taking into consideration the fact that it comes from the same universe as Spiderman and the Avengers, the bulk of its success has been most likely from the excellent marketing and that just about everyone likes the movie.