Page 255 of 271 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 4057

Aww snap I was gonna post it too. It was a good video.

Any thoughts on DC Dark Matter initiative?

But on the numbers...Is marvel really flooding the book market that much? That many #1? that many characters? I primarily do trades from barns and nobles, I haven't entered a comic book shop in ages.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Aww snap I was gonna post it too. It was a good video.

Any thoughts on DC Dark Matter initiative?

Highly forgettable, DC thumbing their nose at diversity via middle aged white men and one of who said transgender doesn't matter

Fanboys will say it's amazing cause it doesn't shove diversity down their throats like Marvel does

Extraordinary Member

X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    * Lynn Collins as Kayla Silverfox:
    Wolverine's Native American (Blackfoot/Niitsítapi) mutant love interest and pawn of Stryker. She has the powers of tactile telepathy and hypnosis which allows her to control or convince others to do the things she wants them to by physical touch. However, Victor is immune to telepathy. Describing her role, Collins said "I had to play off all the guys and their testosterone-heavy abilities. But I learned that the female powers of persuasion easily trump fangs and knives and guns." Michelle Monaghan turned down the role because of scheduling conflicts, despite her enthusiasm to work with Jackman.

Kayla Silverfox (Earth-10005)
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Kayla_S...Earth-10005%29

Television
    * Silver Fox appeared in the X-Men episode "Weapon X, Lies, and Videotape".

Silverfox (Canadian) (Earth-616)
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Silverf...28Earth-616%29
    Last edited by mace11; 05-29-2017 at 12:12 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Logan (film)
    Elizabeth Rodriguez appear as Gabriela Lopez
    http://xmenmovies.wikia.com/wiki/Gabriela_Lopez

Alison Fernandez appear as Delilah
    http://xmenmovies.wikia.com/wiki/Delilah

Jayson Genao appear as Rictor
    http://xmenmovies.wikia.com/wiki/Rictor

For the rest of the mutants in the logan movie go to Relationships inside the link below and click the links.
    http://xmenmovies.wikia.com/wiki/Jackson

I still have not seen logan yet but i read that X-23 is latina in the movie and actress is part spanish in real life.

Dafne Keen (born Daphne Keen Fernández; 2005) is a Spanish-British actress who played the role of Ana "Ani" Cruz Oliver in the television series The Refugees, and the mutant Laura (X-23) in the 2017 film Logan.
    She is a white latina.

Here is list of mutants in x-men movies and recent tv shows.

X-23 Children
    http://xmenmovies.wikia.com/wiki/Category:X-23_Children

and

Mutants
    http://xmenmovies.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Mutants
    Last edited by mace11; 05-29-2017 at 02:13 AM.

Hey, I know this has probably been discussed to death before but do you guys consider Wanda and Pietro to be POC since they are both Roma? If so, how would you feel if that darkened their skin color to be accurate, geographically.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon
    Hey, I know this has probably been discussed to death before but do you guys consider Wanda and Pietro to be POC since they are both Roma? If so, how would you feel if that darkened their skin color to be accurate, geographically.
    Both have been drawn on occasion with darker skin, although rarely as dark as some Romani can get. (Then again, their parents or the Szardos' family, or the von Dooms, or other MU Romani are rarely drawn dark, either. That might be less of a Wanda/Pietro thing, and a 'Marvel draws paler Romani/light-skinned blacks/etc. in general' thing.) Pallor isn't a terribly important feature to either of them (far less than other things that get changed willy-nilly, such as their parentage or whether or not they are mutants!), so I'd be fine with either or both of them darkening up a bit. Pietro, in particular, tends to get paler and paler, depending on the artist, while Wanda is often wearing some translucent red skintight leggings or sleeves that make her look a bit darker. I think Wanda looked great during the Busiek/Perez Avengers run, when Perez blinged her out with all sorts of bangles and charms, giving her a bit more of a 'gypsy' vibe, and would be fine with more of that in the future, even if played a little hard on the stereotypes.

Anywho, with white hair and blue eyes and Eurasian facial features, Pietro's got more in common with Ororo and Cable than he does the average Romani...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post

I look at them as white characters

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    I look at them as white characters
    Even characters like Doctor Doom and Magneto? Not trying to be rude, but just wondering if you apply that to all Roma characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Both have been drawn on occasion with darker skin, although rarely as dark as some Romani can get. (Then again, their parents or the Szardos' family, or the von Dooms, or other MU Romani are rarely drawn dark, either. That might be less of a Wanda/Pietro thing, and a 'Marvel draws paler Romani/light-skinned blacks/etc. in general' thing.) Pallor isn't a terribly important feature to either of them (far less than other things that get changed willy-nilly, such as their parentage or whether or not they are mutants!), so I'd be fine with either or both of them darkening up a bit. Pietro, in particular, tends to get paler and paler, depending on the artist, while Wanda is often wearing some translucent red skintight leggings or sleeves that make her look a bit darker. I think Wanda looked great during the Busiek/Perez Avengers run, when Perez blinged her out with all sorts of bangles and charms, giving her a bit more of a 'gypsy' vibe, and would be fine with more of that in the future, even if played a little hard on the stereotypes.

Anywho, with white hair and blue eyes and Eurasian facial features, Pietro's got more in common with Ororo and Cable than he does the average Romani...
    Perez is the artist I most associate with "Romani Wanda" especailly with the curlier hair and bangles. And I never really cared all that much about their skin tone up until I saw how David Curiel colored in Pietro during Uncanny Avengers. It was glaringly noticable that he was being drawn as a white character.

I know there's probably tons of other comics that showcase QS as white but this really caught me off guard.

Why is marvel making Falcon into an emasculated Harriet Tubman??? What is the problem with showing black men as @$$-kicking rebels against oppression....you know like a lot of them were??

BANNED

Even characters like Doctor Doom and Magneto? Not trying to be rude, but just wondering if you apply that to all Roma characters.

Perez is the artist I most associate with "Romani Wanda" especailly with the curlier hair and bangles. And I never really cared all that much about their skin tone up until I saw how David Curiel colored in Pietro during Uncanny Avengers. It was glaringly noticable that he was being drawn as a white character.

I know there's probably tons of other comics that showcase QS as white but this really caught me off guard.

Yeap I view them as white characters as well, that's part of Magneto and Doom's untouchable armor

Especially Doom

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Why is marvel making Falcon into an emasculated Harriet Tubman??? What is the problem with showing black men as @$$-kicking rebels against oppression....you know like a lot of them were??
    I would assume - or at least I would hope - that a major subplot in Secret Empire would be Sam coming to realize that he can't stay in the shadows any more, and that he has to lead the rebelliong against Hydra. And I would hope that Sam would be central in defeating Hydra. Frankly, I would have him be the one most responsible for Hydra's defeat.

But I'm sure it'll be Steve Rogers who ultimately takes Hydra down, because of course the Aryan poster boy is the one who's going to defeat the fascists oppressing minority groups. Why would people from oppressed groups be the ones who get to overthrow the ones oppressing them? Nope, only white dudes can overthrow oppression. The oppressed are just there to cheer and applaud the brave, courageous, noble whites.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I would assume - or at least I would hope - that a major subplot in Secret Empire would be Sam coming to realize that he can't stay in the shadows any more, and that he has to lead the rebelliong against Hydra. And I would hope that Sam would be central in defeating Hydra. Frankly, I would have him be the one most responsible for Hydra's defeat.

But I'm sure it'll be Steve Rogers who ultimately takes Hydra down, because of course the Aryan poster boy is the one who's going to defeat the fascists oppressing minority groups. Why would people from oppressed groups be the ones who get to overthrow the ones oppressing them? Nope, only white dudes can overthrow oppression. The oppressed are just there to cheer and applaud the brave, courageous, noble whites.
    I imagine Sam is going to prove integral to the conclusion of the event.

Judging by covers, he seems to fly in as Captain America with the last Cosmic Cube fragment needed to restore Steve.

It's what happens after that will be a little murky, though I imagine it'll be less Sam or Steve singlehandedly stopping Hydra and more the heroes, for once, actually uniting to stop the bad guys.

Extraordinary Member

Ant-Man & The Wasp Casts Hannah John-Kamen in Key Role

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNXwrCFFfAQ

Hannah John-Kamen Cast in Ant-Man and the Wasp
    Read more at http://www.superherohype.com/news/39...qMsIU1AApCJ.99

Invincible Member

I will admit that for most of my youth I thought of Wanda and Pietro as white characters. The heavy focus on their Romani background is really more of a modern thing ( even though it was there in the older comics).