Page 256 of 271 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 4057

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I will admit that for most of my youth I thought of Wanda and Pietro as white characters. The heavy focus on their Romani background is really more of a modern thing ( even though it was there in the older comics).
    Same here. They've been depicted/drawn/colored as much for many years.

Extraordinary Member

I was looking at trailers and updated lists for marvel and dc tv,games,cartoons,webseries and movies and i have to say both dc and marvel outside of comics are more truly diverse then ever before and will become more so in the future.

Of course the comics,shows,games and cartoons are doing better job on average then live action movies but the movies are doing better job then before and will continue to become more diverse.
    I wonder if marvel is still planning a another blade movie or show.
    It was mention they had plans for a female blade live action show or movie a few years ago but i think it may change to original blade.
    Blade did have a short cartoon series like black panther as well but i have feeling black panther may get another cartoon series before blade.
    I think if any marvel female superhero get thier cartoon series,it will be jane thor,captain marvel or ms.marvel.
    This will be a team up cartoon show upcoming,ant-man and the wasp.
    Latinos solo cartoon series could be white tiger or ghost rider reyes.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-12-2017 at 10:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I will admit that for most of my youth I thought of Wanda and Pietro as white characters.
    Yes,Wanda and Pietro are white characters.

It's nice to see that Marvel is continuing to focus on diversity among it's characters even as it kicks off it's legacy era. Now with Bendis departing for DC, it would be a good opportunity for them to try to bring in more fresh, diverse writers and editors to give a chance. Who knows what gems they may find.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It's nice to see that Marvel is continuing to focus on diversity among it's characters even as it kicks off it's legacy era. Now with Bendis departing for DC, it would be a good opportunity for them to try to bring in more fresh, diverse writers and editors to give a chance. Who knows what gems they may find.

IMO now would be a perfect time for Marvel to extend a offer to Joseph Illege

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    There's an actual petition to get Eve Ewing to write an Ironheart solo. So, yeah, hopefully Marvel does show a real commitment to bringing in more diverse voices.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    IMO now would be a perfect time for Marvel to extend a offer to Joseph Illege
    Joseph is doing some interesting things at Lions Forge Comics right now.

Extraordinary Member

MARVEL RISING BEGINS! | The Next Generation of Marvel Heroes (EXCLUSIVE)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HTPCTtkWoA

Secret Warriors Animated Film - Comicbook.com
    http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/12/...animated-film/

and

Marvel Rising : Secret Warriors

https://www.newsarama.com/37687-secr...tion-line.html
    Last edited by mace11; 12-08-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Below.
    It's not from marvel but still a superhero show and from abc/disney tv.

ABC Developing Indian-American Hero/Superhero show
    The greatest american hero reboot female lead abc commitment
    http://deadline.com/2017/09/the-grea...t-1202164782/#
    Last edited by mace11; 01-08-2018 at 07:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member

DeWanda Wise Joins Captain Marvel Movie | CBR
    https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-dewanda-wise/

The newly announced EXILES series has its fair share of diversity. With writer Saladin Ahmed and artist Javier Rodriguez being the creative team (both PoC), Saladin has confirmed Blink to be West Indian, from the Bahamas. That means all the women on the team are women of color. We've got to support this series.

The last member of Exiles has been revealed to be Valkyrie--inspired by Tess Thompson's iteration in Thor Ragnarok.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Actually, they are Jewish/Roma. They are drawn as white-passing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    They were white characters, but that changed in the 70s. Marvel needs to decide what they are doing. If they are half or fully Romani, then most Romani are dark skinned, not white. Some might be white-look, but all comics characters that are Romani are "white." Stems from outsiders confusing traveling groups and people outside Romani groups pretending to be Romani for style reasons, or to pretend to be "witches" (even though that's culturally inaccurate). Also from the very few that are white look. And a lot of times from bad Google searches people make where they think photo references are Romani when they are not.

If these characters are white, then all the parts of them that are Romani would also have to be removed, as you can't be both. If they are Romani, then they need to be depicted more accurately, and colorists need to get on the ball and do their research and consult actual Romani.
    Last edited by Curlytop; 01-08-2018 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Curlytop View Post
    They were white characters, but that changed in the 70s. Marvel needs to decide what they are doing. If they are half or fully Romani, then most Romani are dark skinned, not white. Some might be white-look, but all comics characters that are Romani are "white." Stems from outsiders confusing traveling groups and people outside Romani groups pretending to be Romani for style reasons, or to pretend to be "witches" (even though that's culturally inaccurate). Also from the very few that are white look. And a lot of times from bad Google searches people make where they think photo references are Romani when they are not.

If these characters are white, then all the parts of them that are Romani would also have to be removed, as you can't be both. If they are Romani, then they need to be depicted more accurately, and colorists need to get on the ball and do their research and consult actual Romani.
    The only time I really remember Doom being colored brown was in the most recent issue of Gwenpool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    The only time I really remember Doom being colored brown was in the most recent issue of Gwenpool.

Which is great, but it's mostly been the exception, not the rule. Being that they have only three canonically Romani characters, and they are all mostly depicted as white is inaccurate, and needs improved.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

After the appearance of Robbi Reyes' Ghost Rider on SHIELD (don't say anything about the plot, I haven't watched it yet), there's still talk of a Ghost Rider Netflix series. Personally, I'm torn on this. On one hand, a GR series with anyone, if done right, would be beyond awesome, and I want to see Robbie promoted more as a badass Hispanic character. On the other hand, I personally feel that a Netflix show would better fit Johnny Blaze and/or Danny Ketch. What do you all think? Also, I wonder if we'll ever see Alejandra again?
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."