Page 261 of 271 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 4057

Quote Originally Posted by Banner View Post
    No thread called "Robots in the Marvel universe"? I don't want to call it "Robot Appreciation" because a thread should be open for everybody, not just those who appreciate the character(s). They are definitely a minority. Machine Man, Vision and Jocasta and some more.
    Yeah, I think that trivializes the point of this thread, where we’re talking about actual racial and sexual minorities.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

I wish Lightbright appeared more often. She was pretty cool in a way that reminded me of Storm, but also felt distinct (Silver Sable and the Wild Pack #21, February 1994).

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I wish Lightbright appeared more often. She was pretty cool in a way that reminded me of Storm, but also felt distinct (Silver Sable and the Wild Pack #21, February 1994).

Wow at the costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Banner View Post
    No thread called "Robots in the Marvel universe"? I don't want to call it "Robot Appreciation" because a thread should be open for everybody, not just those who appreciate the character(s). They are definitely a minority. Machine Man, Vision and Jocasta and some more.
    Um, yeah that thread can go right after the Oblivious appreciation thread.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I find her name and costume problematic. The name is a constant reminder of the toy. As for the costume, are those seriously beads around her legs? Her light powers coupled with the star on her uniform might be too close to Monica Rambeau. She seems perfect for a complete revamp. Or maybe trade her to the DC Universe? She would fit in perfectly with the Black Lightning family.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I find her name and costume problematic. The name is a constant reminder of the toy. As for the costume, are those seriously beads around her legs? Her light powers coupled with the star on her uniform might be too close to Monica Rambeau. She seems perfect for a complete revamp. Or maybe trade her to the DC Universe? She would fit in perfectly with the Black Lightning family.
    Yeah, Gregory Wright and Steven Butler created Obax Majid with a pretty flashy dress sense, both as a superhero and as a civilian (Silver Sable and the Wild Pack #19, December 1993).

Extraordinary Member

Silk Live-Action TV Series Is Being Developed at Sony Pictures TV
    https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...w-live-action/

Sony Developing Netflix-Style 'Suite' of Marvel Series, Starting with Silk
    https://www.cbr.com/sony-multiple-marvel-series-silk/

Extraordinary Member

I forgot to add this.
    Another poc will have a main leading role in a disney plus mcu marvel series.
    REPORT: Hailee Steinfeld Joins Hawkeye as Kate Bishop

https://www.cbr.com/hailee-steinfeld...Clint%20Barton.

Note-Hailee Steinfeld is a bi-racial asian east asian but racially she looks brown then east asian.
    Her mother is Filipino.
    Steinfeld's father is of Jewish descent, and her mother is Christian. Her maternal grandfather, Ricardo Domasin, was of half Filipino (from Panglao, Bohol) and half African-American descent.
    Last edited by mace11; 09-17-2020 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I forgot to add this.
    Another poc will have a main leading role in a disney plus mcu marvel series.
    REPORT: Hailee Steinfeld Joins Hawkeye as Kate Bishop

https://www.cbr.com/hailee-steinfeld...Clint%20Barton.

Note-Hailee Steinfeld is a bi-racial asian east asian but racially she looks brown then east asian.
    Her mother is Filipino.
    Checking off a lot of boxes. I wonder if they'll bring in Nick(Samuel L Jackson) at some point or they can use this as an opportunity to introduce Nick Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Checking off a lot of boxes. I wonder if they'll bring in Nick(Samuel L Jackson) at some point or they can use this as an opportunity to introduce Nick Jr.
    Or any interesting characters to their Disney+ venture
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

Samuel L. Jackson To Star In Marvel's Nick Fury Series on Disney+

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...es-on-disney-/

Samuel L. Jackson To Star In Marvel's Nick Fury Series on Disney+

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...es-on-disney-/
    Oh yeah! Looking forward to this.

Shameless plug: read Vixen by DC Comics.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel Taps Puerto Rican Director Alejandra López for Mystery Audio Project

López joins Marvel's growing list of diverse directors. If she was signed for a movie, she would be Marvel's fifth female director — following Anna Boden (Captain Marvel), Cate Shortland (Black Widow), Chloé Zhao (Eternals) and Nia DaCosta (Captain Marvel 2) — and the first Puerto Rican to direct a Marvel film.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-alejandra...ican-director/

Extraordinary Member

Nia DaCosta (Captain Marvel 2) — and the first Puerto Rican to direct a Marvel film.
    By the way i have not seen elsewhere where they mention Nia is Puerto Rican.
    I seen every where else that she is black and no mention of her being Puerto rican or even a black Puerto rican.

By the way i have not seen elsewhere where they mention Nia is Puerto Rican.
    I seen every where else that she is black and no mention of her being Puerto rican or even a black Puerto rican.
    Well I doubt DaCosta is 'American' last name. And shes been listed on a number of Latin sites. Soooo its more likely she is
    GrindrStone(D)