Page 4 of 271 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Criticism is fine. Just make sure it is fair and please don't assume how another personal feels, believes or thinks. That includes your fellow cbr members AND the professionals that create the comics we read. Thanks. Proceed...
    Thanks GH.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    To me, that would be a waste of her character.

I'm sure there are some readers who already see her as being "evil" despite the fact that some see Doom as being above good or evil by virtue of his being a Monarch.

I'd just like to see the growth that writers like David Liss and Jonathan Hickman have given her character continued.
    I agree. I would like to see her become one of the great Wakandan leaders. She is certainly on her way to becoming one. I don't see her turning evil or becoming an enemy of her own country. She's grown too much for that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I agree. I would like to see her become one of the great Wakandan leaders. She is certainly on her way to becoming one. I don't see her turning evil or becoming an enemy of her own country. She's grown too much for that.
    It goes without saying that I would absolutely love to see Shuri and Medusa together on an adventure.

BANNED

To be honest, I wouldn't mind reading a mini-series featuring the duo of Victor Alvarez and Ava Ayala........
    I've never wanted something so much.
    YES PLEASE!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    I've never wanted something so much.
    YES PLEASE!
    That would be so freaking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    If Spencer is the one who does it, I'm going to maintain that Hickman doesn't deserve any credit. If he leaves it up to another writer to actually out one of his characters, that just says he didn't want to do it himself.
    Does anyone have a preference on which character it would be?
    Last edited by Andru; 05-01-2014 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    "Andrew Garfield Wants to Pass ‘Amazing Spider-Man’ Torch to Miles Morales"

"Garfield was recently asked by Comic Book Resources if Miles Morales – the current iteration of Ultimate Spider-Man in the comics – could be introduced to the Amazing Spider-Man universe. Here’s what Garfield had to say:

I have given that thought. I think one of the amazing things about Spider-Man is that you don’t see skin color when he’s in the suit. You don’t see any religious beliefs. You don’t see any denominations. Everyone can project themselves into that suit. It’s incredibly powerful in that way. So of course I think it’s important that the openness, the casting, in terms of who could be Spider-Man, could be absolutely anyone. A hero is a hero, whether you’re a man, woman, gay, lesbian, straight, black, white or red all over – it doesn’t matter.

Miles Morales was a huge moment in this character’s comic book life. And I do believe that we can do that. It’s something I’m really interested in figuring out; an eloquent way of coexisting, or passing on the torch. I don’t have an answer, but I think it’s actually a really important move. I think it’s a really beautiful and important move."

Attachment 287

http://screenrant.com/amazing-spider...miles-morales/
    Unfortunately Arad just dashed the idea, which imo is sad and I think the reasoning is flawed:

"The one thing you cannot do, when you have a phenomena that has stood the test of time, you have to be true to the real character inside – who is Peter Parker? What are the biggest effects on his life? Then you can draw in time, and you can consider today's world in many ways. But to have multiple ones… I don't know if you remember, but Marvel tried it. And it was almost the end of Spider-Man."
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/30...the-big-screen

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    What other Black/Hispanic female could get a solo or headline a team?

Storm has a solo.
    Monica is field leader of Mighty Avengers.

Should Marvel try another H4H series with Misty Knight? What about a White Tiger solo? Shuri and Agents of Atlas?
    Frenzy solo by Mike Carey.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind reading a mini-series featuring the duo of Victor Alvarez and Ava Ayala........

kicking much gluteous maximus and it's a forgone conclusion that I'd love to see Shuri in a solo book exploring just what it means for her being the Queen of Wakanda and a Black Panther in her own right.

Victor Alvarez and Ava Ayala are Power Man and White Tiger. Versus Deadly Nightshade and Black Tarantula. Give me a mini with that kind of awesome in it. Lots of kung fu, crazy science, chi, and magic.
    Storm Wolverine Nightcrawler Colossus Shadowcat Rogue Phoenix Magneto
    Mirage Cannonball Karma Sunspot Wolfsbane Magik Magma Cypher Warlock
    Jubilee Synch M Chamber Skin Husk

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cybrestrike View Post
    Victor Alvarez and Ava Ayala are Power Man and White Tiger. Versus Deadly Nightshade and Black Tarantula. Give me a mini with that kind of awesome in it. Lots of kung fu, crazy science, chi, and magic.

That would be totally awesome.

Marvel, make it happen!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fearghaill View Post
    Marvel's been clearly making an effort to have a more diverse cast of characters, at least in terms of sexuality, gender, and race. Aside from shapeshifters, which are kind of a copout, I don't know of any transgender heroes which is something that is long overdue.

I think the bigger problem with diversity is on the creative side:

a comprehensive list of black writers at Marvel:

welp

It's not like Marvel hasn't published comics by black writers in the past ten years. The thing is most of the guys most of us think of ( Priest, Hudlin, KG, etc) all had better gigs elsewhere, and eventually went back there. I think the real question is, where's the outreach now? Who are the minority indie creators they should be cultivating? I guess they are talking to the Prince of Cats guy, but surely there's more than just him out there...

BANNED

That would be so freaking awesome.

Have you or Alvarez read his origin mini and the one with Iron Fist?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    I can't say I thought either of those were very good. Ewing's writing him fairly well, though. And he does have a good chemistry with Ava. Even if I can totally see her Friendzoning him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Yes, I have.

BANNED

i miss Dwayne Taylor. it wouldn't even bother me if he returned as an antagonist of some sort.