Page 5 of 271 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Agreed; I'd love to have a bad-ass cross dressing assassin.
    Deadpool crossdresses a fair bit.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Yes he does, don't forget that he was once Marvel Girl.

this is very cool to read. some characters I did not realise were lgbt - like fantomex? when/where was this explained?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    Frenzy solo by Mike Carey.
    I will raise you one YUKIO or SAGE 1-shot by Chris Claremont, Yost, or Bendis.
    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 05-01-2014 at 09:44 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Yes, I have.
    That for me was one of those "great blind purchase" as I was originally going to skip Shadowland excluding the Thunderbolts tie in since I was getting that title.

Since when is Gambit gay/bi?

To my knowledge Stonewall has never been outed in comics. Hickman saying "he's gay" in an interview has as much comic cannon as Rob Liefeld saying Shatterstar isn't bisexual in an interview. Similar to JK Rowling outing Dumbledore; it's a cheap "add on".
    If Hickman says that he is gay, then he is gay and should be portrayed as being gay by future writers.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Unfortunately Arad just dashed the idea, which imo is sad and I think the reasoning is flawed:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/30...the-big-screen
    Arad is right, when it comes to a well recognized popular character like Spidey. However, Miles could still be introduced as a brand new spider hero with a different codename who is Spodey's sidekick/friend. Since Miles can turn invisible/cloak himself, he could be called either the Ghost-Spider or Shadow Spider.

Quote Originally Posted by Daken View Post
    this is very cool to read. some characters I did not realise were lgbt - like fantomex? when/where was this explained?
    Fantomex's female side, Cluster, was in love with Psylocke. As far as I can recall, Fantomex himself has never shown any particular interest in men.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    The main evidence I've seen used seems to be his kissing Courier - a male who was in female form at the time. I'm not sure I'd count that as bisexuality, myself.

If Hickman says that he is gay, then he is gay and should be portrayed as being gay by future writers.
    Should. But since he only said it in an interview, it means that if a writer comes along who never saw that interview, and has an editor who never saw that interview, then he might be written as straight purely be accident. That's the problem with not putting **** on-panel: If it's not on-panel, it's not canon. Future writers shouldn't have to pore through interviews to know if there's anything about a character they need to know that wasn't in the books.

Which is also why Hickman cannot pull the same bullshit again. If one of the Avengers is LGBT, that needs to be stated on-panel.

Not your dad, I swear Ghostwise's Avatar

To my knowledge Stonewall has never been outed in comics. Hickman saying "he's gay" in an interview has as much comic cannon as Rob Liefeld saying Shatterstar isn't bisexual in an interview.
    On the other hand, a guy named "Stonewall" not being gay or bi would be such an incomprehensibly missed opportunity as to make the Puppy Goddess cry. Do you want the Puppy Goddess to cry ?
    Writeups.org -- huge encyclopaedia of characters, chiefly from super-hero comic books. It's great.

Deadpool crossdresses a fair bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Yes he does, don't forget that he was once Marvel Girl.
    Ha, fair point. Would you truly though classify Deadpool as a cross-dresser?

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    Frenzy solo by Mike Carey.
    Love that idea! She was so great in X-men: Legacy. Shame she dropped off the radar; I'd much prefer her to have been in Astonishing X-men (by Liu) over Warbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Does anyone have a preference on which character it would be?
    I would favour Sunspot; since it would justify the long wait, and be a bold choice.

Fantomex was shown to be bi under Morrison (comments regarding men's sexiness) and Spurrier recently used that idea again in X-force; having it clear he will sleep with anything beautiful and hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    That for me was one of those "great blind purchase" as I was originally going to skip Shadowland excluding the Thunderbolts tie in since I was getting that title.
    LOVED that arc; Cage-bolts vs. dead ninjas underground = so cool.

It's explained in the post.

There is no in-comic canon to back it up; and if another writer changes it, they are well with their rights to. Writers need to (in my view) respect canon as best as possible, BUT they have no obligation to respect the thoughts of other writers outside of comic canon. Shatterstar being a perfect example of this.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-02-2014 at 04:31 AM.

I really appreciate Marvel's recent efforts towards diversity in their characters, and I hope that this push will extend to their writers and artists as well. I also vote for a Kamala Khan/Robbie Reyes team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    If Spencer is the one who does it, I'm going to maintain that Hickman doesn't deserve any credit. If he leaves it up to another writer to actually out one of his characters, that just says he didn't want to do it himself.
    I do agree if the character is outed it would be credit to Spencer, not Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Jimmy Woo. Marvel should be pushing him in the comics and on Agents of SHIELD.
    Jimmy Woo does need to be used more; he would have been perfect for the Illuminati (head of Atlas foundation, linked to so much of the world powers).

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwise View Post
    On the other hand, a guy named "Stonewall" not being gay or bi would be such an incomprehensibly missed opportunity as to make the Puppy Goddess cry. Do you want the Puppy Goddess to cry ?
    The Puppy Goddess is strong, she'll get over it

Not your dad, I swear Ghostwise's Avatar

I do agree if the character is outed it would be credit to Spencer, not Hickman.
    OTOH Secret Warriors was cut short, so not having the time to feature everything he wanted to isn't his fault.
    Writeups.org -- huge encyclopaedia of characters, chiefly from super-hero comic books. It's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwise View Post
    OTOH Secret Warriors was cut short, so not having the time to feature everything he wanted to isn't his fault.
    It had 30 issues... it doesn't take 30 issues to get in something as simple as this:

or

As others have rightly said, Hickman is the writer; the only reason it didn't happen in the comic is down to him. A line, one line... that's all it takes. 30 issues, one line... didn't happen. Nuff said.

SIDE NOTE: not really relevant, but I found this while getting the other images, and I thought it was a good comment on how some str8 people try to "matchmake" their gay friends.

Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-02-2014 at 05:40 AM.