Page 54 of 271 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Was there anybody shipping Prodigy and Hulkling who didn't already hate Wiccan's guts?
    I dunno. That was definitely my chief motivation.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

There have been various comments over the past couple days that have been homophobic, racist, personal, insulting, and offensive. Cool it.

Also, there was an off-topic conversation about how black men are portrayed in media. As I've said before, discussions of Hollywood or how people are portrayed in movies and TV is a discussion for the more general thread in the CBR Community forum.

I've deleted all such comments from either category (but if I missed one, feel free to PM me).

Let's keep this thread about Marvel.

I feel like Deathlok under Edomndson is gonna be a break out characcter

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    I feel like Deathlok under Edomndson is gonna be a break out characcter
    I even like the fact he will have more human appearance even though it deviates from classic look. Hopefully we'll see a well executed character that will seriously be incorporated into things that are going down big time in the upcoming events in marvel.
    Last edited by dkrook; 06-17-2014 at 07:09 PM.

BANNED

personally, i've always disliked Hulkling. i don't like Wiccan either. but i think he has a cool codename, unique set of powers, and interesting lineage. and i think David could have done a lot better in the boyfriend department.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I even like the fact he will have more human appearance even though it deviates from classic look. Hopefully we'll see a well executed character that will seriously be incorporated into things that are going down big time in the upcoming events in marvel.
    Well the classic Deathlok's will be making appearances in the series as well ,so we get the both of best world's. I'm also glad he looks more human and doesn't appear to be written in a stereotypical way like a lot of minority characters. I'm pumped!

Invincible Member

I'm surprised no one bumped this thread due to Rosario Dawson being cast for DD TV series.http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=53583

I think Rosario also lent her likeness to an indie comic, but I haven't read it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm surprised no one bumped this thread due to Rosario Dawson being cast for DD TV series.http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=53583

I think Rosario also lent her likeness to an indie comic, but I haven't read it.
    The topic you're alluding to was already being discussed in the Minority thread over on the Communities Board which is probably why it wasn't raised here.

Not everyone who posts over there posts in this thread.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    The topic you're alluding to was already being discussed in the Minority thread over on the Communities Board which is probably why it wasn't raised here.

Not everyone who posts over there posts in this thread.
    That's kinda why I thought other people might've been talking about it here. Anyway, most of the reactions I've seen have been positive, so I'm happy.

On the hand, her exact role hasn't been announced yet...

...any comics out there-- indie world, etc., where heroes are functioning in a predominantly minority city in the USA?

BANNED

Our not most major cities pretty damn near close to predominantly minority in the US? I mean really when has real world demographics ever stopped a whitewashing job?

tonyissynchrd.jpg

I fell like this thread needed some color. So I found this pic of Synch!!! one of my favorites. and Tony Rich who wouldn't be my choice but he's cute enough.

Here's some images of Sunspot...before he got the Michael Jackson treatment In case you let the movie fool you.

sunspot.jpg406px-Sun.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ...any comics out there-- indie world, etc., where heroes are functioning in a predominantly minority city in the USA?
    In the MU, not to my knowledge (90% of all comics take place in New York/New York State. Sometimes some comics are based out of L.A./California, but that's about as close as you get to another city (on a regular basis) in the MU. MU New York City is still predominantly white, for some reason.

I really need to to learn how to resize pics