Page 58 of 271 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    QUESTION: who here is getting the new Storm solo series?
    I will definitely be getting her new solo series, can't wait for it!!

QUESTION: who here is getting the new Storm solo series?.
    I answered in them other thread but don't mind saying it a thousand times ....Hell yes I'm buying Storm's book. It's about time.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    Sadly, it looks like my prediction about MIGHTY AVENGERS being canceled soon MIGHT be true according to this RUMOR.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/...n-the-downlow/
    So let me get this straight...they're getting rid of MA (which is actually a well written book), but keeping Avenger's World? What next? Superior Foes?
    Last edited by Ajala; 07-12-2014 at 03:17 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I haven't been paying attention to anything going on in the Spider comics...is this supposed to be the original Shocker or a different guy?
    Its the same guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Its the same guy.
    Wait..........WHAT?

Wait..........WHAT?
    Shocking, right?

:runsaway:

And to give something more productive to the thread, I'll be picking up Storm too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by D. Strong View Post
    So let me get this straight...they're getting rid of MA (which is actually a well written book), but keeping Avenger's World? What next? Superior Foes?
    I'd drop World and put more hype on MA and I say this as someone who likes World but man is that book moving at a snail's pace

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    I'd drop World and put more hype on MA and I say this as someone who likes World but man is that book moving at a snail's pace
    If you're marvel I suppose you just gotta go by sales.

I like Mighty Avengers a LOT more myself, but I'm sure there are a few Avengers AI fans who feel that book should have stuck around while World or Mighty should have been cancelled instead. Hell, I still wish they'd bring back Avengers Academy.

I would agree though on it's face Avengers World seems a LOT more redundent. But then again, if the idea is to sort of relaunch Mighty Avengers as Defenders down the line (and I don't know that's the case), then that would make for a pretty compelling arguement to "cancel" that book over World. I suppose in part it depends on what Marvel has planned.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderBoy View Post
    I will as well.. actually im buying seven copies... dont ask y lol

BANNED

[SIZE=3]QUESTION: who here is getting the new Storm solo series?
    Not a chance here. Everything about this feels forced. She is already in enough books and already the creative team cannot keep up the pace through the 3rd issue. If they have to promote someone to solo to be diverse I would personally prefer a different character who is not a lead in 3 others. If Storm getting a solo leads to some better characters getting their shot then I hope it is successful.
    If MA gets cancelled I hope they find a home for Spectrum, she is too good a character to shelve again.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    "Could a Black Panther Movie Pay Off for Disney-Marvel?"

"There are plenty of rumors about solo films for the Hulk and Black Widow, but many fans are also fascinated by the prospect of a Black Panther film as well. Black Panther was introduced in 1966 by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby as the first black superhero in American comics. He is the alter ego of T'Challa, a tribal chief in the fictional African nation of Wakanda. His powers, granted to him from a Panther deity, include superhuman strength, elevated senses, and a resistance to magic.

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige has repeatedly hinted at the development of a Black Panther film, but the project has been stuck in development hell since the 1990s. Three years ago, Marvel hired Mark Bailey, a lesser-known screenwriter, to pen the script for the film, but nothing has been confirmed since then.

Although a Black Panther film is still up in the air, let's take a look at three key reasons that Marvel should take this project a lot more seriously..."

Attachment 5714

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...isneymarv.aspx

I would so see a bp movie... it would be nice to have a movie with a black male lead whose story revolve around the african mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    Not a chance here. Everything about this feels forced. She is already in enough books and already the creative team cannot keep up the pace through the 3rd issue. If they have to promote someone to solo to be diverse I would personally prefer a different character who is not a lead in 3 others. If Storm getting a solo leads to some better characters getting their shot then I hope it is successful.
    If MA gets cancelled I hope they find a home for Spectrum, she is too good a character to shelve again.
    To me it's sort of a chicken and egg kind of thing.

Yes, Storm is in 3 books... but there's a reason Storm is already in 3 books. And the same reasons for her being a leading character in 3 books are the same reasons why she's getting a shot at a solo book.

It's not about being fair to the characters. It's about giving a shot at characters marvel feel there might be a demand for (hence guys like Spider-Man and Wolverien and Hulk and Iron Man and Captain America being in solo books and multiple team books). Yes, a character like Spectrum (who for the record I REALLY like) needs it more. But that doens't mean she's necessarily the better choice.

All that said, I hope Spectrum gets a solo book too. Don't think she will.. but ya never know.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Yes, Storm is in 3 books... but there's a reason Storm is already in 3 books. And the same reasons for her being a leading character in 3 books are the same reasons why she's getting a shot at a solo book.

It's not about being fair to the characters. It's about giving a shot at characters marvel feel there might be a demand for (hence guys like Spider-Man and Wolverien and Hulk and Iron Man and Captain America being in solo books and multiple team books). Yes, a character like Spectrum (who for the record I REALLY like) needs it more. But that doens't mean she's necessarily the better choice.

All that said, I hope Spectrum gets a solo book too. Don't think she will.. but ya never know.

Very good points!

BANNED

The underlined is arguable

QUESTION: who here is getting the new Storm solo series?
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I am going to be buying the new Storm solo series. I've been waiting for this for decades.
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderBoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    I answered in them other thread but don't mind saying it a thousand times ....Hell yes I'm buying Storm's book. It's about time.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I will as well.. actually im buying seven copies... dont ask y lol
    Goddess be with you! I'm SO FRIGGIN' PUMPED!!! Marvel's first non-legacy black female solo series, written and illustrated by POC. I tip my hat to Marvel, we've been asking for this for years, and they are making sure they do it right! Kudos!

Wait..........WHAT?
    Not to shock you even more... but have you seen Mach-VII (Abe Jenkins) in that series?

Quote Originally Posted by D. Strong View Post
    What next? Superior Foes?
    God, that would make me sad...

THE SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN #15
    NICK SPENCER (w) • STEVE LIEBER (A/c)
    Still not CANCELLED!
    • GANG WAR begins here. You know it’s a big deal because we put it in caps!
    • Everyone gets in a big fight over the head of Silvio Silvermane. Lives are lost, feelings are hurt, and car keys get misplaced!

I'd buy a Spectrum solo series, that would be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I would so see a bp movie... it would be nice to have a movie with a black male lead whose story revolve around the african mythos.
    My dream film would be Doctor Voodoo: Avenger of the Supernatural; set in New Orleans BUT which also goes to Haiti. Oh, that would be so epic! But a T'Challa movie would, of course, be awesome too.