Page 25 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Krakoa is for lovers Blackphoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSiryn View Post
    You know what, because there's still so many characters to draw, I'll up the limit to 10.
    Oh cool! Because now I know that there are at least three characters that I REALLY want to draw!

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post
    Here's the submission of my progress.

As you can see, there's a lot of areas that need cleaning. I can try to attempt to clean and color before the deadline, but it'll be very difficult with very limited access to my computer. On the other hand, I can sketch more characters since I carry pen/paper everywhere with me. :>

Here's the Concept Art:

The costume was based off my favorite costume of hers, the Marvel Girl costume from the 3rd(?) Claremont run (the one that had dinosaur-Rachel) and incorporation of some of her Schism/NOW costume (namely, that funky trench coat and her stylized Hound tattoos) but little less BUTCH and more femme. The back of the coat has that awesome back tattoo printed on, except without the cock head.

A few changes from the draft to the final:
    -Over-Knee, heeled boots became platform just cause. They're textured rather than with 90's garish BELTS AND STRAPS ON EVERYTHING.
    -Omitted the hairpins in the finalized image, but kept the Phoenix shields earrings.
    -Coat fold over had a shape change.
    I love this so far! I wanted to do Rachel for this jam, but now that I've seen your artwork on her, I'm glad that you picked her first! I love the little Phoenix barettes/hair clips in her hair!

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Do you mind if I take Eye-Scream?
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalSiryn View Post
    Who?

Eye-Scream is a mutant with the ability to turn into any flavor of ice cream.

His only appearance to date was the utterly ridiculous Obnoxio the Clown vs. the X-Men one shot.
    Last edited by Blackphoenix; 07-20-2014 at 11:24 PM.

Could I have Gaia pls?

BANNED

Ok here is Longshot. Now may I draw Garrison Kane AKA Weapon -X?

I really like how much perspective you put onto your drawings, doodledude. :>
    Balthier: I doubt we'll find her wanting in valor, being such an upstanding member of the insurgence.
    Ashe: Resistance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blackphoenix View Post

Eye-Scream is a mutant with the ability to turn into any flavor of ice cream.

His only appearance to date was the utterly ridiculous Obnoxio the Clown vs. the X-Men one shot.
    That is perhaps the most useful power ever. Unlimited Icecream! Forget Havok, stick this guy behind a podium and you'll clear up human-mutant relations in a week.

While I'm trying to make time to complete Rachel (I intend to try digital inking and coloring), could I have Abigail Brand? I'll probably color her with crayons. Again, sketching and hand drawing or hand coloring aren't the issue, it's just finding time to access the PC.
    Balthier: I doubt we'll find her wanting in valor, being such an upstanding member of the insurgence.

Sunspot

Roberto 'Bobby' DaCosta has had an experience similar to Jean Grey's transformation into Phoenix. On a space mission with the X-Men, Bobby fell into the sun and absorbed several lifetimes worth of solar energy. When he came out, his powers had taken a quantum leap and he had evolved into an Omega level mutant with godlike abilities.

I really want him back on the X-Men.

The AOA Blink has already been done, but can I do 616 Blink? If not, I'll think up another character.
    Last edited by Blackphoenix; 07-21-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Yes, that Eye-Scream.

Greatest X-Man Nemesis ever.

10561787_10152527662340733_4184727061474078920_n.jpg

Strong Guy. Still working on exactly what I want to achieve with my digital inking and coloring process. This one is a little rough around the edges.

If Cannonball is still available, I'll claim him next.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

Not sure if that's what you're going for, but I think you've captured the 90's very well with your Guido. I really like the details in the muscles and the irregular X.

Also Black Phoenix, your Sunspot is looking really neat. The power effects are eye catching. I also think photographing the image added this really cool fade effect.
    Last edited by Blu Berri; 07-21-2014 at 06:59 PM.

Not sure if that's what you're going for, but I think you've captured the 90's very well with your Guido. I really like the details in the muscles and the irregular X.
    Thanks!

I like doing combinations on classic looks, so I tweaked the two 90's X-Factor looks into one uniform, replacing the original jacket with a modified irregular X pull over piece.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    10561787_10152527662340733_4184727061474078920_n.jpg

Strong Guy. Still working on exactly what I want to achieve with my digital inking and coloring process. This one is a little rough around the edges.

If Cannonball is still available, I'll claim him next.
    His adorable! Love the grin...

Also Black Phoenix, your Sunspot is looking really neat. The power effects are eye catching. I also think photographing the image added this really cool fade effect.
    Thanks!

Quiet King 2 Regent Ororo RealEyesRealizeRealLies77's Avatar

Just noticed this thread.Nice artwork so far.Can I choose my five to do?If so I would like to do Frenzy,Skin,Marrow,Penance and Legion.