Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Friendly Belligerent View Post

Adam the X-Treme.

As I'm sure the readers of this forum know, Adam X was a tacky 90's character with too many pouches and many knives. It seemed to me that he could benefit from a modernization. Now he is a tacky 2014 character with too many pouches and many knives. He retains his trademark bizarre ponytails and basic color scheme.
    LOL...That is freakin brilliant! It totally genius!

I think this is it for Rachel.

Did as much cleaning as I could, fixed her boot, and added the Hound tattoos I forgot.

I have a little time to go back and reply to comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalSiryn
    I love what you have so far! Great job!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackphoenix
    I love this so far! I wanted to do Rachel for this jam, but now that I've seen your artwork on her, I'm glad that you picked her first! I love the little Phoenix barettes/hair clips in her hair!
    Oh thank you very much! I wanted to keep them, but I thought it might have been a little too excessive with the Phoenix earrings.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaxra
    I can color this for you, Blu, if you want.
    OMG, YES, YES, YES, YES PLEASE! <3 Although I totally understand if you couldn't because of the weather, you have my condolences.

I thought you'd totally make a new costume for Revanche, but she's coming together very, very beautifully. Get crackin', only ONE entry for this X-Jam so far? I am disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic
    Lovely work, Bu Berri!

Everyone has been producing wonderful stuff in the last few pages, it's going to be great to see it all come together.
    Thanks! I think the submissions have all been great. I think it's pretty rad that people are making their own take on their chosen characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout
    Great work I love the facial expression.
    Thanks! I really hope I brought justice to Abby.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi
    That shading and texture on her is great. Love her.

Panic's right - the last few pages are mindblowing. Can't wait to see more from everyone.
    Thanks! :> It was the first time I've ever used those markers and I kept accidentally making them bleed. I'm glad it sorta worked out in the end.

I LOVE your Abby Brand! You do great Space Justice to her costume.
    Wow, thank you very much. Abby is one of my favorite characters so I'm glad you thought I did great (space) justice.

Beast is yours!
    Sexy time!

Quote Originally Posted by Friendly Belligerent
    So.... could Fox do a SWORD tv show?
    If only... I need to see a live action Abby, stat!
    Balthier: I doubt we'll find her wanting in valor, being such an upstanding member of the insurgence.
    Ashe: Resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime
    Polaris
    I really love what you did to her face, she's gorgeous.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2ZsS-mX5gqU/U9cEWxqQlpI/AAAAAAAABNM/MGy49ygieys/s1600/Marrow+Friendly+Belligerent.jpg

Marrow.
    Marrow! <3 I'm one of those odd people that really like her, so thank you for making her looking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Baby Shogo
    Way too cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackphoenix View Post
    Oh she's so pretty. The costume reminds of something Bachalo-y.

Quote Originally Posted by genki_desu View Post
    OK, here's Feral. I kinda got the colour palette a bit wrong - I really she should be a little bit more orange and a bit less brown, but I think it's still recognisable.
    I really like that dim-light Deodato coloring you've got going on.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSiryn View Post
    Here is my Bishop. I combined some of his past looks into one for this.

Yum, Bishop has always been a favorite.

Sentinel X
    I like the detail you put into the armor, that coloring is pretty rad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I really like her anatomy in this. She's got an interesting combination of voluptuousness and daintiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Thuro Pendragon View Post
    I really like what's going on with her hair, though I'm sad her face is obscured.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-M3Wdfuh9-oU/U9bvbF_U40I/AAAAAAAABMs/Lc0OgE3K8RE/s1600/Adam+the+Xtreme+Friendly+Belligerent.jpg

Adam the X-Treme.

As I'm sure the readers of this forum know, Adam X was a tacky 90's character with too many pouches and many knives. It seemed to me that he could benefit from a modernization. Now he is a tacky 2014 character with too many pouches and many knives. He retains his trademark bizarre ponytails and basic color scheme.
    HAHAHAHA! This is genius, I love it.
    Balthier: I doubt we'll find her wanting in valor, being such an upstanding member of the insurgence.
    Ashe: Resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post
    I think this is it for Rachel.

Did as much cleaning as I could, fixed her boot, and added the Hound tattoos I forgot.
    OMG, YES, YES, YES, YES PLEASE! <3 Although I totally understand if you couldn't because of the weather, you have my condolences.
    Will do (I had already started it actually). Hope to have her and Revanche done this weekend.

Query: Is Rachel's boots completely yellow or just the middle with red on the outside like her top?

I thought you'd totally make a new costume for Revanche, but she's coming together very, very beautifully.
    See, that was my error in judgement. I thought it was draw a X-Person in anyone of their costumes, not a re-design jam. So all the re-designs, as wonderful as they are have been throwing me off.

Get crackin', only ONE entry for this X-Jam so far? I am disappoint.
    I was actually waiting so Lily's Psylocke first so i could play off it, but scrapped that idea early on. So went with a standard 'female power pose' pioneered by Lynda Carter.

BANNED

My magique will be finished by Thursday.
    Here's the base B&W, along wiht the flat colors from Photohop. Will be adding more detail and color overlays over next couple days.

Here's the base B&W, along wiht the flat colors from Photohop. Will be adding more detail and color overlays over next couple days.
    She already looks really good and you're not even done yet. Great work on the cloak.

That's looking great, Tazirai.

Friendly Belligerent, you've knocked it out of the park once more. I'm loving your style.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Love this look! Adam X has turned into a bit of a dapper clotheshound.

She looks perfect. If I don't pick Namor or Nocturne after I finish Mimic, I'm defintely going with someone from the Imperial Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaxra View Post
    See, that was my error in judgement. I thought it was draw a X-Person in anyone of their costumes, not a re-design jam. So all the re-designs, as wonderful as they are have been throwing me off.
    Same here. I've tried to stay as close to the original concept as possible, but it's hard not to veer off into your own design. Truth is, some of the costumes here are far and away better than the original comic book versions.

So went with a standard 'female power pose' pioneered by Lynda Carter.
    Great homage. She was one of my first movie star crushes. As a kid my parents thought I watched Wonder Woman because I read comics and liked the super heroics, but it was to see Ms. Carter. Blue eyed brunettes have been my weakness ever since.

Amazing Member Friendly Belligerent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Love this look! Adam X has turned into a bit of a dapper clotheshound.
    Thanks for all the kind words folks. When I was sketching him initially my goal was to "modernize" him by losing the blades and ponytails, and generally giving him a sleek clean leather look. You know, making him relevant.

Then it occurred to me that without all the bells and whistles Adam X doesn't really have his own look.

BANNED

Your cross-hatching is awesome. It's a skill I've never been able to master - my lines always look too flat.
    Micron pens and a kind of see saw motion with your pen when you ink.Thank you I've been at it for a while.
    Last edited by doodledude; 07-29-2014 at 12:03 PM.

BANNED

So.... could Fox do a SWORD tv show?

You have a solid indie vibe.

This guy is pretty cool. I figured out that he's Jubilee's kid, but does he have powers?
    Thanks it's all that Robert Crumb and Mark Beachum art I love.

BANNED

I could do some coloring - kinda enjoy the whole coloring bit. As long as the artist are fine with just something basic.

With doodledude's great eye for cross-hatching, I wouldn't need to do that much colour shading on his, but Blu Berri Rachel's is going to need a dapper hand to keep her great lines soft. I might not be the right person for either job.

They can take a look at the stuff I've posted and decide, we all have totally different a styles. I promise not to use my usual random splotches of shading.
    Please color for me.I would really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by doodledude View Post
    Please color for me.I would really appreciate it.
    Cool. I'll start with Firestar.

Oh an evening of coloring and Crusader Kings 2 LP's in the background. Sounds good to me.