Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Yuriko Oyama: Lady Deathstrike

Inspiration: I thought about Lady Deathstrike's traditional brown color scheme and combined that with the business suits Kelly Hu wore while portraying Yuriko (I dont think that she had a name in the movie) in X2. This is what I came up with.

*This is the clean version:

*This one is the more bloodier version:

I think that Im submitting the 1st but it depends on which one you think looks better E.S.

For my next pick, how's about Mystique?
    Last edited by R.E.B; 07-29-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Awww, she's so cute.
    Balthier: I doubt we'll find her wanting in valor, being such an upstanding member of the insurgence.
    Ashe: Resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by R.E.B View Post

Inspiration: I thought about Lady Deathstrike's traditional brown color scheme and combined that with the business suits Kelly Hu wore while portraying Yuriko (I dont think that she had a name in the movie) in X2. This is what I came up with.

I think that Im submitting the 1st but it depends on which one you think looks better E.S.

Very cute, but also hella creepy with all that blood. Wouldn't want to run into her in the Morlock tunnels.

The business suit idea really works.

BANNED

I'll be commenting on you guys works tomorrow. Havent had a heckuva lot of time lately. But from what I see great work from you all. I want to do individual acknowledgements.

Quote Originally Posted by Thuro Pendragon View Post
    Thanks. Beezi is already helping me though.

I'll just upload the original. Sorry for the quality. Best scanner in the whole area and I still ended up with this.

Hope Summers
    Your Hope is very Messianic looking, I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Friendly Belligerent View Post

Adam the X-Treme.

As I'm sure the readers of this forum know, Adam X was a tacky 90's character with too many pouches and many knives. It seemed to me that he could benefit from a modernization. Now he is a tacky 2014 character with too many pouches and many knives. He retains his trademark bizarre ponytails and basic color scheme.
    This Adam X is amazing! I want this to be real!

Quote Originally Posted by Thuro Pendragon View Post
    May I have Mystique?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post
    I think this is it for Rachel.

Did as much cleaning as I could, fixed her boot, and added the Hound tattoos I forgot.
    Your Rachel looks fantastic! I can't wait to see it colored.

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post
    Yum, Bishop has always been a favorite.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaxra View Post
    See, that was my error in judgement. I thought it was draw a X-Person in anyone of their costumes, not a re-design jam. So all the re-designs, as wonderful as they are have been throwing me off.
    Originally, yeah, it was supposed to draw anyone in any of their incarnations. Allowing custom little tweaks is what might have changed the direction of things here, not that I'm complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    My magique will be finished by Thursday.
    Here's the base B&W, along wiht the flat colors from Photohop. Will be adding more detail and color overlays over next couple days.
    I'm loving what I'm seeing so far!

Quote Originally Posted by R.E.B View Post

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/x...ike-bloody.jpg

Good job on Yuriko, I could really see her pulling this look off.

Someone beat you to that.

I is a slow colorist... but here is a wip for those that are interested. I'm sure there's method to my madness, but damned if I know what it is.

(Click for full size)

This is my setup for Manga Studio EX5 using a dual monitor system. Because I'm a glutton for punishment, the page size is set up for 7016x4961 pixels (11.69x8.27 inches) at 600 dpi. Which does make coloring Blu's Rachel a tad bit fun as when the pencils are blown up to match the page, the original gets pretty blurry. In theory when the coloring is finished, that gets shrunken down to the original size and the pencils should be a-ok.
    As a side note, I'm having to get used to my old man glasses for when working, I mean gaming on my PC. The headaches aren't fun, but that's what ice cream and Netflix are for.

Looks great so far, Zhaxra! Lovely colouring on the face especially.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I is a slow colorist... but here is a wip for those that are interested. I'm sure there's method to my madness, but damned if I know what it is.

This is my setup for Manga Studio EX5 using a dual monitor system. Because I'm a glutton for punishment, the page size is set up for 7016x4961 pixels (11.69x8.27 inches) at 600 dpi. Which does make coloring Blu's Rachel a tad bit fun as when the pencils are blown up to match the page, the original gets pretty blurry. In theory when the coloring is finished, that gets shrunken down to the original size and the pencils should be a-ok.
    As a side note, I'm having to get used to my old man glasses for when working, I mean gaming on my PC. The headaches aren't fun, but that's what ice cream and Netflix are for.
    I don't even need to see the finished product to know that I'm going to like it. You are bringing that sketch to amazing, eye-popping life. Can't wait!

(Click for full size)

The highlights on her hair looks great. Can't wait to see the finished work. Blu Berri and you make an awesome team!
    Last edited by Beezzi; 07-30-2014 at 04:03 PM.

Amazing Member Friendly Belligerent's Avatar

Sugarman.

I'm gonna take a break from these for a while to work on some other stuff but I should be back daily to see all the sweet new characters. There's a lot of them I have in mind so if you get stuck for someone to draw let me know!

Hey, Syren, I'm working on finishing up on Husk (just need to scan and color), but I was wondering if there would be any issue with me redoing my first pick, Havok. I want to take a crack at him using the method I have taken on in my later pieces. Just let me know.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

Sugarman.

I'm gonna take a break from these for a while to work on some other stuff but I should be back daily to see all the sweet new characters. There's a lot of them I have in mind so if you get stuck for someone to draw let me know!
    He looks great. I'm glad someone picked him. His has such a creepy design.

That SugarMan is the stuff of nightmares, good job Friendly Belligerent.

Image Link
    Oh damn, that's looking great!

I scaled the pic to submit it, would it have been easier on you if I sent it full-sized..-er?

Also, is inking via Manga Studio easier than Photoshop? I remember reading in the drawing process that you switch between the two.

Query: Is Rachel's boots completely yellow or just the middle with red on the outside like her top?
    I had wanted it to be all yellow like her center area, but if it seems too overpowering I guess a second color would work. Whatever selfriend Zhaxra thinks looks better.

Kinda related: I forgot to put this in my notes, but the neck/collar area on her skirt is red like her Marvel Now! costume. It's cool if you've already finished, I'm just happy you're coloring it. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    The highlights on her hair looks great. Can't wait to see the finished work. Blu Berri and you make a awesome team! )
    Y'see that, Zhax? BFF Powah!

Thanks so much Beezzi, Zhaxra is amazing. He does commissions. Notsosubtlyadvertizing
    Last edited by Blu Berri; 07-30-2014 at 04:14 PM.
    Balthier: I doubt we'll find her wanting in valor, being such an upstanding member of the insurgence.
    Ashe: Resistance.

Sugarman.

Your work is always outstanding. Love your linework and colours.