Page 110 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2041

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Wolverine and the X-Men animated series from a few years back. Ignoring the anime, it's the most recent X-Men cartoon to be made, and I'd personally say it's the best, regardless of how nostalgic I get over the '90s one. I think the full series (26 episodes) was released as a single DVD set a while back, it should be pretty cheap now.

Sadly, much like its stablemates Spectacular Spider-Man and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, it got killed off when Jeph bloody Loeb took over Marvel Animation and started churning out nonsense like Avengers Assemble, so they never got around to doing the Age of Apocalypse adaptation they were teasing for season 2...
    like all the shows you mentioned, broke my heart to see them canceled...and instead mediocre shows like Guardians of the Galaxy or Avengers Assembled replace them. Funny how all their shows before Marvel was bought by disney were well good in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Someone posted this little number on the Marvel Heroes forums. Just thought I'd share...

Oh nice thanks for the share. I wanted to ask anyone have any pics of Domino when she was a kid? Was she always white or did it happen during her teen years?

From comments across the interwebs it seems very few people have actually read the second Domino mini series. If you want to know more about her past find it. It's pretty good imo.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    From comments across the interwebs it seems very few people have actually read the second Domino mini series. If you want to know more about her past find it. It's pretty good imo.
    Cool would gladly, whats the name of the series or trade??

Quote Originally Posted by devil leonx View Post
    Cool would gladly, whats the name of the series or trade??
    7c0f3f0ae5092fd657dd20573dc41300.jpg

These are the issues. No trade as far as I know. There were two Domino minis. First one was three issues. This one was 4 and came out around 2003 I believe.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    He's in DC and not a girl. What character in Marvel looks like Domino? Nobody.
    Shriek

Ultimate Member

I still like Churchill's version of a long haired Domino only wearing one of Cable's button up shirts...

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Shriek
    lol, I had forgotten that she looks a lot like Domino. Does Domino have a dad and also whats her ethnicity ?? she depending on the comic looks like quite a few.
    Last edited by devil leonx; 08-04-2017 at 03:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by devil leonx View Post
    lol, I had forgotten that she looks a lot like Domino. Does Domino have a dad and also whats her ethnicity ?? she depending on the comic looks like quite a few.
    See pages 108 + 109.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShape View Post
    The hair is the real deal breaker for me. It's looks way too silly for Domino. Like she got lost coming out of the 70s and couldn't find her way back.
    The biggest problem with the hair is Domino looks almost exactly like Misty Knight.... that kind of mix up just should not happen..

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    I love the casting, but will agree that the drastically different asthetic will take some getting used to. I think making her albino or a shorter 'do would've helped bridge the gap between the movie and comic counterpart. I think there is great value in both reinvention and recognizability and hopefully that balance plays out in the film.

Nonetheless she looks incredible and crazy (in a good way). There's also something cool about having an assassin with luck powers not care about big hair in a stealth or shootout type of situation lol. I imagine some telekinesis is needed to ensure vision isn't compromised.

I would buy the thing with the hair if Domino wasn't a soldier/ mercenary... which I guess she might not be in the movie....which makes me wonder what role she'll have if she is not a fighter in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    See pages 108 + 109.
    LOL thanks !

Wasn't aware that Misty Knight is the only one who should have an afro.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Wasn't aware that Misty Knight is the only one who should have an afro.
    This is a common complaint. There's some people saying she looks like Foxxy Cleopatra, even though Zazie looks nothing like Beyonce. They have a similar,hairstyle in their roles.

I guess Movie Blind Al looks like Ray Charles instead of her character then. Both blind, black, and wearing dark glasses. Unless people did complain about that, and I missed the excitement.

Who knows if Domino will continue to look this way. This is only her first film. She may be back for sequels with a different look. The hair could be a style the character is playing with. Deadpool may even make a joke that her hair's grown since he saw her last. lol Who knows. It would be within Deadpool's humor.

Some are saying an afro is unrealistic for an assassin. But since when are superhero films grounded in realism? 95% of things done in them wouldn't fly, or can't be done, in reality. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-05-2017 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    This is a common complaint. There's some people saying she looks like Foxxy Cleopatra, even though Zazie looks nothing like Beyonce. They have a similar,hairstyle in their roles.

I guess Movie Blind Al looks like Ray Charles instead of her character then. Both blind, black, and wearing dark glasses. Unless people did complain about that, and I missed the excitement.

Who knows if Domino will continue to look this way. This is only her first film. She may be back for sequels with a different look. The hair could be a style the character is playing with. Deadpool may even make a joke that her hair's grown since he saw her last. lol Who knows. It would be within Deadpool's humor.

Some are saying an afro is unrealistic for an assassin. But since when are superhero films grounded in realism? A lot, or 90%, of things done in them wouldn't fly in reality.

Some are saying she's not comic book accurate. Nobody in the first film was -aside from Deadpool & Colossus. So no shock. lol
    Yeah. The afro is nice. I like it. If she's in X-force they may change it and go with a pixie cut, who knows. But I just don't get the comparisons. Her powers are based of luck because of that I highly doubt an afro will be a problem lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Ouch, dude. You STARTED this thread and you don't think Neena's got anything going for her besides looks?

Nope! She was mutated from birth and 50% of her genetic parentage is unknown. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool to challenge me.
    What is the 50% of her parentage that we know? She could be bi-racial?

this might be an unpopular opinion, but I think it might look interesting to see her with an afro in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Yeah. The afro is nice. I like it. If she's in X-force they may change it and go with a pixie cut, who knows. But I just don't get the comparisons. Her powers are based of luck because of that I highly doubt an afro will be a problem lol.
    Kinky hair is a controversial thing. On black or white people. Straight hair is the standard of beauty in America. Heck even irl I have heard of some schools forbidding girls to have their hair kinky -even if it's natural, because it's "distracting" and thus against dress code.

So Zazie having kinkier hair was just always gonna cause an uproar with many. Not everyone one obviously, because many are loving the actress and her look. There's even fanart of her on tumblr already. But it's no shock that just as many are pissing blood over her hair. I suspected that was gonna happen as soon as I saw her pic.

She's been called Foxxy, Misty, a Clown. I haven't seen a "Don King" comment yet. But I am sure it's been made somewhere.

People here are more nature. But read the cancer on youtube and reddit....it's just sad.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-05-2017 at 12:37 AM.