Page 133 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137 LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2041

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Yeah. That's how a good few X-characters got ruined. Deadpool & Sabretooth as my examples -being favorites who have been been ruined for me. Way came in & wrote Deadpool as a Family Guy joke character for 5 years. That characterization stuck. Now, we have Young's solo, whoever the Hell is writing Spider-Man/Deadpool now, and along with Moviepool -which is a raunchy Waypool. So aside from Bunn's Assassin, we've got Waypool everywhere again.

Creed's destruction is criminal. I think it was Bendis who started him as a moronic jobber & had him continuously losing fights back to back, then writing Wolverine dismissing him as a threat. Cue the next 15 years. Now even Chris Robinson (weapon x editor) recently stated Creed is the type of villain who isn't a threat.
    https://twitter.com/WWETheFranchise/...14308238684160

This kind of thing keeps me hoping for the cancellation of Weapon X. Even the inclusion of Monet hardly saves it when I see stuff like this. An example of a editor not doing his job. We're stuck with Jobbertooth. Not the intelligent manipulator who broke Xavier & played mind-games. Not the one who required a team of X-Men to defeat. Not the one who almost killed everyone in X-Factor, including Mystique (whom he's now a whipped lover & sidekick for). Even though I praise issue 22 for being better than the first 17 chapters, plus 19-21, it was FULL of continuity flubs.

This is becoming a problem where writers & editors don't research characters anymore, and don't seem to do anything but skim the character's most recent appearances & write based on that. The classic versions of many characters are dead now.
    Couldn't have put it better.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    Couldn't have put it better.
    Thanks. Post was longer than I wanted, but I tend to get wordy with examples. lol

But yeah. This is something I can understand some Domino fans being worried about, and not caring for the excessive focus on comedy.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-24-2018 at 06:36 AM.

Thanks. Post was longer than I wanted, but I tend to get wordy with examples. lol

But yeah. This is something I can understand some Domino fans being worried about, and not caring for the excessive focus on comedy.
    In Madripoor her characterization was pretty good, so that helps a little. Curious how the Annual will be for her.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Actually last I checked the book isn't selling very well and Simone writes the Weapon X version mostly...a version that many here including myself don't like...
    Hmmm. This is one of two Marvel books (Old Man Logan) I'm still getting. If this gets cancelled, or is just a miniseries, I'll be able to scratch one more off my list.

Ultimate Member

Well OML has already been cancelled last I checked so it probably doesn't have to many more issues to go and Domino will probably stick around for a few more issues but I wouldn't hold my breath for a long run...I'd be wondering how Domino would view what's happened with Cable...unless by the end of the big upcoming event it's all undone or fixed somehow...

Yeah, I just saw the OML thread! That's one more I'll be able to mark off.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well OML has already been cancelled last I checked so it probably doesn't have to many more issues to go and Domino will probably stick around for a few more issues but I wouldn't hold my breath for a long run...I'd be wondering how Domino would view what's happened with Cable...unless by the end of the big upcoming event it's all undone or fixed somehow...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Yeah, I just saw the OML thread! That's one more I'll be able to mark off.
    It's not canceled per se. It's ending and leading into a 12 issue maxi series that will conclude OML's story. Canceled has a much more negative connotation to it. Something that is very possible for Domino.

BANNED

X-Force #23 Jun 1993
    "Compromising Positions"
    St. Anthony's Hospital, Portland
    X-Force gathers at the rear entrance to the hospital. They sneak inside and are looking for a certain individual.
    Feral sniffs him out and it is a person in a full body cast. They carry him outside and load him on their IPAC unit.
    After ripping off his facial bandages and revealing it as Crule, they bargain with him that they promise to take care of the Externals for information on where Gideon is located.

Camp Verde
    Cannonball makes a late night call to Professor X. He is trying to get information on the Externals.
    Professor X only knows of them as superstition. Cannonball tells him that they are real and they kidnapped some of the team.
    He is asking Xavier if he should break his promise he made to not attack Gideon -- to save his friends.
    Xavier tells him that that is a choice he will have to make and that depending on his decision, Xavier will help him if Cannonball asks for him to.

Department K Bunker
    Domino and Grizzly fight off Weapon: P.R.I.M.E..

They call Hammer to try to assist from his RV that is sitting outside the bunker.

He tells them that there is an air conditioning vent topside and it should lead them out of the complex.

They head upstairs through the floor and learn that the vent is really a sewage tunnel. After treading through the sewer,
    they arrive outside the RV. They jump inside and then speed off. Weapon: P.R.I.M.E. vows to hunt them down.

Saul's Oregon Home
    Saul and Gideon discuss the legacy of the Externals.
    They are concerned what will become of them now that Nicodemus died unexpectedly and was believed to be an immortal External.
    They pride themselves on their plan to use some of the X-Force members to bait Sam into coming to them.

Meanwhile, the other X-Force members fly toward Oregon to confront Saul and Gideon.
    They plan their attack and Crule and Shatterstar agree that they should come in fast and hard through the front door.
    After debating, they decide to do just that and land their ship. They pile into their assault tank and use it to crash through the front doors as planned.
    They knock Gideon and Saul off their feet by the attack and X-Force quickly surround them.

Norwell, Massachusetts
    Vanessa quickly packs her bags with as much stuff as she can. Then, Deadpool and Sluggo arrive and threaten her.
    She begs Deadpool not to kill her and he says that he has to have a talk with her before he kills her.
    Suddenly, both Sluggo and Deadpool are blasted and Domino enters along with Grizzly and Hammer.
    Domino asks why she should not kill Vanessa for stealing her identity for the past year. Vanessa tells her that she knows where X-Force is located.

Saul's Oregon Home
    X-Force saves their teammates from Gideon and Saul. After making sure they are all right,
    Sunspot tells their captors that they have been beaten and they should leave them alone.
    Gideon is amazed that Cannonball broke his promise. Sunspot then gives him a letter from Sam telling Gideon
    that he did not break his promise because he did not personally get in the External's matters, the rest of X-Force did.
    Saul then pleads that Sam is the External's last hope for salvation from the possible death of the Externals.
    Saul is reassured that if the Externals mess with X-Force again, that their fate will be sealed.

Script by Fabian Nicieza, pencils by Greg Capullo, inks by Harry Candelario

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fundabz View Post
    In Madripoor her characterization was pretty good, so that helps a little. Curious how the Annual will be for her.
    Well for Dennis Hopeless back up story I assume he will write her as he did during his cable and x-force book and secret wars:Inferno miniseries. But then again Hopeless drastically changed styles when he wrote X-23 in his all new X-men run from when he wrote her previously in Avengers Arena as he took Bendis characterization of Laura and turned it to 11 and Laura fans hated it. My hope is the former as his Domino is fun but self assured in CAXF and Inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    My hope is the former as his Domino is fun but self assured in CAXF and Inferno.
    *fingers crossed*

Ultimate Member

I would love to see Nicieza writing Domino again...well her and many others but...he wasn't perfect but got me to love many of my favorites...

He's one of the writers on the annual. Small consolation prize, at least.

Ultimate Member

Just wish that he could be the regular writer on an X-book again, and write some of my favorites like he did in the 90's...

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Yeah. That's how a good few X-characters got ruined. Deadpool & Sabretooth as my examples -being favorites who have been been ruined for me. Way came in & wrote Deadpool as a Family Guy joke character for 5 years. That characterization stuck. Now, we have Young's solo, whoever the Hell is writing Spider-Man/Deadpool now, along with Moviepool -which is a raunchy Waypool. So aside from Bunn's Assassin, we've got Waypool everywhere again.

Creed's destruction is criminal. I think it was Bendis who started him as a moronic jobber & had him continuously losing fights back to back, then writing Wolverine dismissing him as a threat. Cue the next 15 years. Now even Chris Robinson (weapon x editor) recently stated Creed is the type of villain who isn't a threat.
    https://twitter.com/WWETheFranchise/...14308238684160

This kind of thing keeps me hoping for a WX cancellation. Even the inclusion of Monet hardly saves it when I see stuff like this. An example of a editor not doing their job. We're stuck with Jobbertooth. Not the intelligent manipulator who broke Xavier & played mind-games. Not the one who required a team of X-Men to defeat. Not the one who almost killed everyone in X-Factor, including Mystique (whom he's now a whipped lover & sidekick to). Even though I praise WX #22 for being better than issues 2-17 and 19-21, it was FULL of continuity flubs.

This is becoming a problem where writers & editors don't research characters anymore, and don't seem to do anything but skim the character's most recent appearances & write based on that. Then the cycle of that one characterization sticks. The classic versions of many characters are dead now because of this.
    I think it's part of how they can write Sabretooth without pissing people off like "omg you're treating a rapist as a hero" you know? So it's a middle ground to make him kind of self deprecating , maybe it lightens up his characterization a bit.

Similarly with Deadpool, a totally immortal black hearted mercenary is not very appealing to many readers

So make him funny and insane and break 4th wall constantly, bingo there ya go. Ca-ching

That's my view on it at least
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Well, issue 6 of Domino felt like a good blend of comedy and seriousness to me. I would say that it was much darker than the rest of the series in my opinion. Desmond was killed by Outlaw. And Domino executed Topaz. Do fans of Domino feel like this was a closer version to the more classic characterization of Domino? Or was there still to much comedy for fans' liking.