Page 105 of 137 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2041
    Ultimate Member

Why do that, it's not what the character looks like at all given that her white skin is a defining trait of the character, if they went with just the white eye tattoo they would have just pretty much given up and taken the easiest road...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I just remember that some where saying that OML was enough like the 616 Logan that most of the team like Domino and Lady Deathstrike and Sabretooth wouldn't know anything different...
    That was me by the way and it's true Sabretooth and Deathstrike don't know he's different if you don't believe me read OML #7 and the X-Men Civil II tie-in. And if not even Sabretooth the person who has known Logan longer than anyone on that team can't tell the difference between them who says Domino can?
    Last edited by GSman; 03-15-2017 at 08:05 AM.

Ultimate Member

But then that starts to beg the question of why have OML around at all if they're basically the same guy, easy out that OML goes out in a blaze of glory to end Weapon X and then the 616 Logan comes back...as for Domino I wonder if they'll straighten the actress' hair as the character in the books has never had curly or frizzy hair as I remember her, it's been short and long but...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    But then that starts to beg the question of why have OML around at all if they're basically the same guy
    Who knows? heck someone pointed out they could just de-age OML if wanted a Logan Wolverine again since OML has most of 616 Logan's history anyway.

Your token update for Domino-specific June solicits follows:

weaponx4.jpg
    WEAPON X #4
    Greg Pak (W), Greg Land (A/C)
    - Prelude to Weapons of Mutant Destruction!
    - Logan, Sabretooth and Domino have unravelled the plot against them, but is it too late for Warpath and Lady Deathstrike?
    - The explosive conclusion that leads directly into "Weapons of Mutant Destruction".
    - Guest-starring: the Totally Awesome Hulk!

weapons1.jpg
    WEAPONS OF MUTANT DESTRUCTION: ALPHA #1
    Greg Pak (W), Mahmud Asrar (A), Skan (C), Ron Lim (V/C)
    - The Weapon X program is back!
    - Their goal is a simple one...eradicate all mutants! And they're starting their hunt with the most dangerous group of mutants on planet Earth -- Old Man Logan, Sabretooth, Domino, Lady Deathstrike, Warpath and...the Hulk?!
    - But with an army of genetic cyborgs at their disposal, this may just be the beginning...

THE TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #20
    Greg Pak (W), Mahmud Asrar (A)
    - Weapons of Mutant Destrucion Part 2!
    - What is the mysterious Weapon Gamma?
    - And who is behind its creation?

If you can't be bothered reading all that text, just imagine Greg Pak screaming, "BUY MY CROSSOVER YOU BASTARDS" in your face. That about covers it.

(for real though, I'm excited for this, and not just because Dom's getting shared with a non-Land artist)
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Ultimate Member

Even I they de-aged OML and made him the 616 Logan it'd end up just being ignored anyway later on...as for Domino just hope that she and Warpath live through the Weapon X book...

Really thought Domino stole the show in this month's Mercs for Money. With Deadpool reduced to a quick cameo she gets the lionshare of the attention. Her rant about what defines a monster in marvel was great.

spoilers:
    she's also a way more convincing Vampire than Jubilee
    end of spoilers
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

^ Agreed. M4M #9 was probably one of the strongest issues of the series overall, and consequently left me very frustrated that 1) it's ending with the next ish and 2) Christopher Hastings wasn't writing it from the start. Even with just 1 page he's got a better handle on Deadpool's attitude than mostly anyone not named Joe Kelly of late, and he does a great job spotlighting the personalities and abilities of the whole team (especially nailing Machine Man's dialogue).

And yeah, pretty good Dom stuff in there too. This was my LOLhighlight:

(first time I've used the new printer/scanner, so apologies if the quality seems iffier than other things in the thread)
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Update for July solicits.

weapx2017005_cov.jpg
    WEAPON X #5
    GREG PAK (W) • MARC BORSTELMANN (A) COVER BY SKAN X-MEN TRADING CARD VARIANT COVER BY JIM LEE
    “WEAPONS OF MUTANT DESTRUCTION” PART THREE!
    • The mysterious new director of the reformed Weapon X program has assessed the data from their latest Adamantium cyborg attack and the results look good… They are ready for the next stage of their plan to eradicate all of mutantkind!
    • Warpath and Domino follow leads into a remote part of the Midwest…but what vicious secrets will they find hidden in a sleepy gated community? 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

hulk2015021_cov.jpg
    THE TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #21
    GREG PAK (W) • ROBERT GILL (A) Cover by STONEHOUSE
    “WEAPONS OF MUTANT DESTRUCTION” PART FOUR!
    • With deadly Adamantium cyborgs on the loose picking off seemingly unconnected targets, Amadeus must keep his wits about him to uncover the mystery behind the new Weapon X program.
    • But how can he maintain his cool against the most savage threats he’s ever faced? Meanwhile, Weapon X scientists are closer than ever to perfecting BATCH H…
    • Guest-starring OLD MAN LOGAN, SABRETOOTH, WARPATH, DOMINO and LADY DEATHSTRIKE! 32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

weapx2017006_cov.jpg
    WEAPON X #6
    GREG PAK (W) • MARC BORSTELMANN (A) Cover by SKAN
    “WEAPONS OF MUTANT DESTRUCTION” PART FIVE!
    • BATCH H is finally ready for a test drive… Its targets? Old Man Logan, Sabretooth, Lady Deathstrike, Domino, Warpath and the Hulk!
    • With a genetic cocktail of the most powerful enhanced beings on the planet coursing through its veins, how can anyone stand a chance?! 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

3 issues in 1 month with no Greg Land interiors? This crossover deal is giving me palpitations, friends. Happy!

Sidenote: If you were wondering about my not posting any scans for months, well, a bunch of things have gotten in the way. Firstly, I'm working longer hours and the free time I get I've wound up spending doing other things. Second, I changed laptops and couldn't get the old scanner working on the new one, so, new scanner. And third, we've reached the point where most of the stuff left unscanned is the kind of thing Marvel are still keeping in publication, which makes it less delightfully obscure and also more legally/morally iffy to plaster all over this page for free. I don't realistically believe I'd ever get sued for doing this, but, you never know. That being said, there's a particular 4-issue miniseries I recently got copies of that I want to feature, so hopefully I'll find the time to get back on the horse soon.

Oh, and as a bonus, here's a panel of Dom from May's Weapon X #3 copied from editor Mark Paniccia's twitter:

wx3dom.jpg

(pencilwork credited to Ibraim Roberson, colours by Frank D'Armata)
    Last edited by CraigTheCylon; 04-18-2017 at 06:23 PM. Reason: name wrong

August solicits! The Hulk crossover wraps up, except...not?

tahulk22.jpg

THE TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #22
    GREG PAK (W) • ROBERT GILL (A)
    Cover by STONEHOUSE
    “WEAPONS OF MUTANT DESTRUCTION” PART SIX! The Weapon X program’s twisted head scientists have finally completed their magnum opus! Now BATCH H is awake, and it’s MAD AS HELL.

wx7.jpg

WEAPON X #7
    GREG PAK (W) • MARC BORSTELMANN (A)
    Cover by SKAN
    “ORIGIN OF A MONSTER” – PART ONE!
    • The newly reformed Weapon X program took DNA from the most savage genetic anomalies in the world to create a rage-filled behemoth of epic proportions. But before they meddled with nature, they started with man… Who volunteered to be experimented on, and what made them the perfect test subject? FIND OUT HERE!

Yeah, I figured we'd be done with the Wolverulk after the crossover, but evidently Pak's got more in mind for it. I'd complain, but honestly, a Wolverulk should be a difficult thing to get rid of, and lord knows I usually complain when a super-big-deal character from a big story is summarily thrown out or ignored afterward (hiya, Hope). Also I am digging these covers.

But that's not all!

sebnw5.jpg

SECRET EMPIRE: BRAVE NEW WORLD #5 (of 5)
    PAUL ALLOR & ANTHONY PIPER (W)
    Brian Level & Anthony Piper (A)
    Cover by PAULO SIQUEIRA
    SECRET EMPIRE TIE-IN!
    With the Darkforce dome blocking all sunlight, Manhattan has a vampire problem. But the vampires are about to have a BLADE problem! As soldiers of fortune go, DOMINO’s services aren’t cheap…but when her target’s this personal, you bet this bullet’s on the house. And deep beneath the sea, the INVADERS’ struggle reaches its climax! Starring BLADE, DOMINO and the INVADERS!

Another one-off story from Anthony Piper, which is good news for everyone except Bl00dwerk, I guess. One more of these and I'm demanding an actual series.

Hey Guys! Just sharing the news. Domino Marvel Legends Confirmed! I got this from Fwoosh!

100/10.

And this is one of the reasons why Deadpool 2 is my most anticipated (and only one I enjoy looking forward to) FOX movie.

Foxy lady.