Page 15 of 137 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Ah. That would explain it.

That's also an end-of-issue cliffhanger, so there's some other stuff to get out of the way before we follow through on it. First, Dom makes another appearance on THE NITECAP~, which isn't as much fun as the first time but I'm including it here for completion's sake.

Oh hey, thanks random thrown-in-at-last-minute continuity check!

And next, we get a flashback, thanks to Dom getting misty-eyed and Cable's head trauma making him beam old memories back to his Providence HQ for...reasons.

Moar flash in next post.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Someone who knows more about Cable's old stories can feel free to correct me on this (Drakeon?) but this seems to be calling back to the Cable: Blood & Metal mini-series...or the very start of his ongoing. I definitely remember Cable, Dom and the earliest Six Pack fighting in Afghanistan and the whole thing going to crap because of Stryfe. Anyway, I like this scene, which is weird because I've never cared for the purple head-framer costume in its original context, yet get super excited when I see it referenced in newer stuff? Dunno how that works. Reilly Brown draws it well, though.

Also interesting is that Black Box (Gareb Bashur a.k.a Commcast) says that these memories are at least 10 years old, which is one of the few clues I've seen that allows us to guess what Domino's actual age may be. She looks almost identical to normal in the memory, so she was already an adult at that point, and it was 10 years ago...it's unclear as to how much time has passed in the MU since the end of the C&D series, but assuming that Dom is at least 25 in flashback, she's in her mid-to-late 30s now.

Anyway, back to the sewer, where things are getting a bit tense.

Well it is all your fault, you babbling tool.

Domino here showing the patience of a saint by not reflexively murdering everyone.

After that, the team leaves Cable face-down in a dirty street and hightails it as the city's power shuts off, and they got fat paychecks and lived happily ever after. Hooray!

...right?

TBC in next post.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Oh, okay, I guess it can't end like that. Black Box gets the bright idea to send the city's power network blueprints to Cable and, despite being catatonic, he's able to use his gravimetric field to temporarily circumvent the damage and get everything switched on again, and then he wakes up, because...because. He just does. The T-O mesh seems to knit the hole in his skull together again and he's fine. I don't know.

Cable catches up to the Six Pack because he can fly now (look, he clearly didn't bodyslide or Wade would've gone with him) and disarms them - and their jeep - with ease. Then he tosses Wade into a different country and threatens to do the same to the rest, unless...

Oh well that isn't emotionally manipulative at all.

Speaking of:

Spare a thought for Ersatz Lois Lane while the pretty mutants tongue each other.

Of course, this being an X-Men book, you know full well this state of relationship comfort can't last - and true enough, we're nearing the end of Dom's appearances in the book (and Cable's too, actually). There's a lot of Wade-centric issues after this, before things start to come crashing down in the 'Fractured' arc, which is where I'll be picking up next time.

"I was waiting for the part where it would all be my fault...". LOVE IT!!

Hey look, images not scanned by me! Thanks to this thread, here's a page or so from A+X #10, an issue I don't currently own but plan to, featuring the monochromatic mercenary mutant mistress of mischief herself, and everyone on this board's favourite character, Scarlet Witch.

Okay...while I really really (really) don't like the constant heckling of Wanda going on around here, and this weird one-sided 'us versus them' bollockry that it grew from is childish at best and infectiously antisocial otherwise...

...yeah, I LOLed. Whatever. I'm only human.

Anyways, as I said, don't have this issue yet. According to wiki-trawling, the story is both written and drawn by Adam Warren, and believe it or not Neena and Wanda are supposed to be on the same team. Huh. I'm sure I'll post another couple pages of it whenever I pick up a copy.

Why do so many comics seem to have a smartass-ness about them?

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Why do so many comics seem to have a smartass-ness about them?
    Easiest form of humour?

In the particular case of the above: when dealing with characters in fiction whose primary noteable trait is 'ridiculously powerful', it's always a little too tempting to cut them down to size via an ass-kicking from something comparatively puny. It's basically the whole reason Squirrel Girl exists. It's also why nearly every DC comics writer LOVES getting Batman to beat up Superman, way past the point of it being a novelty.

And to be fair, Domino's power theoretically makes her a good fit for the role too.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Hey look, images not scanned by me! Thanks to this thread, here's a page or so from A+X #10, an issue I don't currently own but plan to, featuring the monochromatic mercenary mutant mistress of mischief herself, and everyone on this board's favourite character, Scarlet Witch.

Okay...while I really really (really) don't like the constant heckling of Wanda going on around here, and this weird one-sided 'us versus them' bollockry that it grew from is childish at best and infectiously antisocial otherwise...

...yeah, I LOLed. Whatever. I'm only human.

Anyways, as I said, don't have this issue yet. According to wiki-trawling, the story is both written and drawn by Adam Warren, and believe it or not Neena and Wanda are supposed to be on the same team. Huh. I'm sure I'll post another couple pages of it whenever I pick up a copy.
    Yeah I have that issue. It was over the top but was pretty interesting plotwise.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Easiest form of humour?
    Maybe? Seems like alot of this crap reads like watching a Diablo Cody film...

Ultimate Member

I always did like the long haired version of Domino best...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I always did like the long haired version of Domino best...
    They have changed hers quite a bit. Some characters hardly every get a new hairstyle...

Domino_08_by_gottaloveDOM.jpg

Ian Churchill drew a great Domino
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Red Riding Hood Domino. I like it!
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Red Riding Hood Domino. I like it!
    She also had a unique suit during this era that only covered one leg and one butt cheek.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Phil Noto, who's doing an amazing job on Black Widow has done a few Dominos. Here's an hipster mercenary one.

image.jpg
    "Self has no time for this."