Page 6 of 137 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Yeah, not mine though - found them on tumblr, not sure of source. Here's some more:

While I do quite like the outfit Dom wore on this show, her cleavage is preposterous (seriously, Emma Frost didn't look as busty when they appeared in the same scenes), and it's kinda weird seeing her used as a villain primarily. That said, she gets a lot of screen time for a non-protagonist, Gwendoline Yeo does a good job on the voice, and since KYost were on the writing crew Dom's personality shines through, even if she's not quite at her Sex + Violence best.

What show are those from?

Wolverine and the X-Men animated series from a few years back. Ignoring the anime, it's the most recent X-Men cartoon to be made, and I'd personally say it's the best, regardless of how nostalgic I get over the '90s one. I think the full series (26 episodes) was released as a single DVD set a while back, it should be pretty cheap now.

Sadly, much like its stablemates Spectacular Spider-Man and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, it got killed off when Jeph bloody Loeb took over Marvel Animation and started churning out nonsense like Avengers Assemble, so they never got around to doing the Age of Apocalypse adaptation they were teasing for season 2...

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Wolverine and the X-Men animated series from a few years back.
    Okay, I must have not seen those episodes yet (have the blurays but haven't finished them). Guess I need to get back to it...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Okay, I must have not seen those episodes yet (have the blurays but haven't finished them). Guess I need to get back to it...
    If you have Netflix the entire series is also streaming as well. I too think it's been the best adaptation of X-men animated. I have some quibbles with it overall I like it very much.

Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    If you have Netflix the entire series is also streaming as well. I too think it's been the best adaptation of X-men animated. I have some quibbles with it overall I like it very much.
    I like what I've seen, so far, just kinda got side-tracked and haven't finished it. Seems like I remember Domino being in one of the episodes I've seen, but I don't remember what happened. Guess I'll start back at the beginning...

The latest In Your Face Jam, if ya missed it, focuses on the old Marvel Swimsuit Specials, and highlights the Domino & Cable pin-up as a point of discussion. Seems like a good excuse to mirror the madness here!

6-Cable-Domino-04759.jpg

Ah man, this pic...for every thing I hate, there's something else that's lovably dumb.

Cons:
    - The usual Liefeldian pouch madness
    - Dom's cheekbones, which are threatening to push clear through her skin
    - Dom's skin tone, which - as often happened during the '90s - skews more towards Asian than chalk-white
    - That goddamn caption's 'joke' which is creepy as hell

Pros:
    + Actual domino pattern on the bikini
    + Knife strapped to her thigh - so I guess those War of Heroes pics a page back were actually continuing a theme
    + X-Force peeps being so X-Force they refuse to leave their guns at home even on holiday
    + Cable's surfboard, equipped with twin machine guns, a miniature torpedo launcher, and some sort of motor that appears to have been taken from a space shuttle

What's your analysis on this *cough* iconic piece of pop culture?

Oh, and here's a thing by Gabriele Dell'otto to cheer you up if it was that bad.
    domino_sex&violence1.jpg

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Ah, the swimsuit calendars. You know my weakness sir, I absolutely love them. More for the laughs than the eroticism, I'll admit.

There's really nothing that doesn't make me happy about the Cable and Domino pic, including the awful bits. I'm not sure which bit works best, Domino's bikini pouches(!), Cable's future tech surfboard, (surely it's cheating if you add jets) or the creepy caption. Classy work all around.

image.jpg
    Here's another cheesetacular Domino calendar appearance. Arguably it's less tasteful than the one you posted. (Please do argue.) it's Dom sporting a black leather bikini, and Val Cooper in a "tantalising turtle neck number." I wonder did Cable's futuristic jet powered surf shop also sell leather swimwear which wouldn't be ruined by water? Also, like "fun" and "run" I don't think tantalising and turtle neck belong in the same sentence.

I have a dream of owning original copies of all the Marvel swimsuit calendars. They're awful and wonderful simultaneously.

The del'Otto picture is just wonderful. Actually a lot of the x-force artwork at the time was really good. I'll post some time.
    Last edited by Sea Hound; 08-28-2014 at 04:13 AM.
    "Self has no time for this."

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    The latest

6-Cable-Domino-04759.jpg

Ah man, this pic...for every thing I hate, there's something else that's lovably dumb.]
    Ahem, I've just noticed Cable's very tiny swimsuit (cheers for equality) has squeezed in an X logo right over the meat and two veg. I think it's a pro, but you could argue con. And oh my god, he's wearing pouch garters. What a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    [pic goes here]
    Here's another cheesetacular Domino calendar appearance. Arguably it's less tasteful than the one you posted. (Please do argue.) it's Dom sporting a black leather bikini, and Val Cooper in a "tantalising turtle neck number." I wonder did Cable's futuristic jet powered surf shop also sell leather swimwear which wouldn't be ruined by water? Also, like "fun" and "run" I don't think tantalising and turtle neck belong in the same sentence.
    It's techno-organic leatherwear, of course.

I notice the name 'Stelfreeze' in the caption here; is that the same guy who drew Dom's 2002 series? Because this is a very different style. And...well, if I ignore the captions and horrid pizza 'joke', then yeah, this one might be less tasteful, although possibly just because of a lack of Cable's speedo. Not sure who Val Cooper is but, if there's a way to make a turtleneck be tantalising, I guess turning it into sequinned Cammy-from-Street Fighter cosplay is the best bet. As for Dom, she's got nicer hair here, and (acknowledging there is no way to say this without being skeevy) I appreciate how modest her bust is. It suits her physique, and coupled with how sculpted her abs are, it gives the message that she isn't someone to be messed with. Or it would, if she wasn't doing the sexy-reclining thing with a gorilla staring at her butt.

Also her 'pistol' is almost the size of her entire torso, which is delightful.

Lol. I missed the gorilla. Like Cable in the earlier picture, he really is checking out her arse. Although Cable made it look tacky.

Val Cooper was a government official in charge of mutant/human affairs. I mostly know her from X-Factor, and that uncanny period during Civil War when they were confined to the mansion and surrounded by sentinels. I don't know of any connection with Dom.

Artist-wise, it's signed Stelfreeze, and there's surely not more than one of them.
    Last edited by Sea Hound; 08-28-2014 at 07:09 AM.

^ Hmm, interesting. That reminds me, actually, Domino apparently had a kinda-significant role in the Civil War X-Men tie-in story. Haven't seen much of it online though, so that's something else to try and get scanned.

Meanwhile, if you missed it, CBR just ran an interview with Nathan Edmondson where he's talking of his Punisher run. They brought up Dom (yay!) but Edmondson didn't give away anything new about what she's doing (boo!), but apparently the whole AIM-centric arc plot which Dom's a part of is running through all of Edmondson's Marvel books...so now I have to keep my eyes on not just Punisher but also Black Widow and the upcoming Deathlok book, for potential Neena cameos.

My wallet hates you in advance, Mr. Edmondson sir.

Ultimate Member

Domino always did look good in a bikini...wonder if she chose Cable's swimsuit as well...

BANNED

Loved Domino on Wolverine and the X Men...glad she had her edge and wasn't soft. Domino aka my Lucky Charm.

Moar scanz? Moar scanz.

Until I muster the courage to dredge through original X-Force and/or Cable issues, I think I'm past a lot of the 'obscure' stuff on Dom's resumé, so here's something more recent - adjectiveless X-Men vol. 3 from #20 onwards, written by Victor Girschler with art by Will Conrad. If you're new to this, well...so am I, but here's the basics: this is immediately post-Schism, and while Cyclops has his 'Extinction Team' of heavy hitters for, uh, heavy hitting, he's drafted Storm to lead a powerful but sneakier team (that initially is a tweaked X-Force in all but name). Besides Ororo, the team's initial roster is Psylocke, Warpath, Colossus, Jubilee and of course Domino, who begins the story spying on a black-market sale of a decommissioned Sentinel. The exchange gets interrupted by thieving black-ops types and Dom legs it...

...following the stolen robot back to Puternicstan, another of Marvel's infinite supply of made-up central European countries, who are trying to refit the genocidal tin can as a more general purpose weapon against bordering nations. As the rest of the team races to catch up, Neena attempts an escape...

...except - oh dear. That happened.

Don't worry, the story continues...in more scans that I'll do tomorrow when I'm less sleepy. :P Although before that, I gotta ask: does anyone else find Domino's lipstick super distracting in these pics? Is it just me growing so used to her adopting black make-up that any other colour seems 'wrong'?