Super Moderator

Default Two New Posters Released for Disney/Marvel's "Big Hero 6"

Baymax stars in two new posters for "Big Hero 6," the first Disney animated feature based on a Marvel Comics property.

Full article here.

Zero mention on the poster that it's a Marvel property.
    Curious that they're downplaying that connection.
    "You can talk your way out of almost anything." - Fortune Cookie Proverb

T. Foolery's unwieldy, yet not entirely unimpressive, collection of funny books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Foolery View Post
    Hm. Maybe because Big Hero 6 doesn't have a title out? And it doesn't have a big presence in the trade paperback market?

Could be. Or maybe they don't want to confuse people. If it said Marvel, the audience might assume it's set in the MCU when it isn't.
    "You can talk your way out of almost anything." - Fortune Cookie Proverb

T. Foolery's unwieldy, yet not entirely unimpressive, collection of funny books.

Could be. Or maybe they don't want to confuse people. If it said Marvel, the audience might assume it's set in the MCU when it isn't.
    I'd assume so. We might see more Marvel recognition if this becomes successful and more animated Marvel films get made (maybe an imprint like Marvel Knights?)

Also, it's not like The Little Mermaid said "Hans Christian Anderson's The Little Mermaid" on the poster.

Looks pretty promising. I have a soft spot for Pixar and Dreamworks animated films. I usually wait for them to come out on cable, but depending on how this unfolds, I might make an exception for this.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Amazing Member

What's funny to me is that I just saw the trailer at the theater last week and the trailer was all about the "creators of 'Frozen' and 'Wreck-It Ralph'" and not one mention of Steven Seagle or Duncan Rouleau who actually created the characters. The lack of even noting "Based on the Marvel Comics characters" was pretty bizarre. (Though I suppose we can expect to see a bunch of new Big Hero 6 stories in time for the film's release.)

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Hm. Maybe because Big Hero 6 doesn't have a title out? And it doesn't have a big presence in the trade paperback market?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Also, it's not like The Little Mermaid said "Hans Christian Anderson's The Little Mermaid" on the poster.
    Um. Gwangung, that doesn't explain why the theatrical trailer says from the "creators of 'Frozen' and 'Wreck-It Ralph'." And Washout, to the best of my recollection, Andersen's version didn't have singing crabs or wind up with her Prince Charming--I mean, Eric. (In Andersen's version, the Mermaid--who, by the way, is NOT named Ariel, or anything else for that matter--dies at the end and a "final" version has her turning into a spirit who spends the rest of her existence to earn a soul.)

Also, Gwangung, going by that logic, I suppose the upcoming "Ant-Man" movie will ignore HIS connection to Marvel because (at least, at present) he doesn't have a title out nor does he have a "big presence" (sorry, couldn't resist the pun) in the trade market.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BamaRainbow View Post
    What's funny to me is that I just saw the trailer at the theater last week and the trailer was all about the "creators of 'Frozen' and 'Wreck-It Ralph'" and not one mention of Steven Seagle or Duncan Rouleau who actually created the characters. The lack of even noting "Based on the Marvel Comics characters" was pretty bizarre. (Though I suppose we can expect to see a bunch of new Big Hero 6 stories in time for the film's release.)
    Maybe because children know what frozen and wreck it ralph is and don't have a clue who Steven Seagle or Duncan Rouleau are and their names mean nothing?

Why would people be confused?

Are people confused about Spider-man, X-men, F4, not hanging out with the rest of the films?
    I think not.

I think it's just a better sell to audiences as a Disney property than as a Marvel one.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

1. It says From the Studio that brought you Frozen and Wreck it Ralph, because they need to have a connection to non Marvel fans. Disney is still the more recognized name, and since this is catering to the "Boy" demographic that Disney wants to get into the theaters, they have to associate it with Disney. Marvel is more known for the more "violent" movies for teens and tweens, so parents of Younger kids may not like that association. Or they may not like comics and won't take their kid to see a film associated with comics.

2. Because this is an adaptation of the work the creators won't be listed until the credits. So you'll see their name there. They will probably put the marvel name thing on the official trailer when it comes out, which should be in July or August to coincide with Guardians.