Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Interesting that it seems like Harley is adopting Margot Robbie's Suicide Squad look for the comics now...
    Current Pull List: Catwoman - Batman - Detective Comics - Harley Quinn - Grayson - Batgirl - Afterlife With Archie - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Harley Quinn/Power Girl - Black Canary - Midnighter

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by CatBoy View Post

Interesting that it seems like Harley is adopting Margot Robbie's Suicide Squad look for the comics now...
    Yes that's Margot Robbie for sure!

Thank god. Now just change the writers.

Also I'm gonna post what I put on another site. Here's how I see it:

Harley's orginal story was more a Joker story than anything else. I mean it delved into her life too but more importantly, for me, it perfectly showed how scary he is, how intellgient, how manipulative. How no one was safe from his grasp, no one, not even some pretty little psychiatrist who interviewed him at his mental hostipal. And I like that it spoke more about how powerful he was. I mean, any villian could strap a girl to a gurney and fry her brain with some electrical equipment and make her insane, make her into their own twisted, deranged little monster, unleashed on the world. But only Joker could do it . . . just by talking. Don't get me wrong, I think Robbie's portyal will be spot-on, judging by the costume (which I think is the best costume of Harley's yet; what with the cotton-candy pigtails and the varisty T-shirt and the pale skin color) and from what I've seen, acting wise. And I do kind of like the torture bit, as it really represents how Joker took this normal, prosaic brain and skewered it and crushed it and then took what's left and made it into something dark and muddled and horrifically, dramatically changed forever. I also think Harley's a very complex character: she's hilarious but homicidal, creepy but colorful, and broken but brilliant, and usually all of those things at the same time when written correctly. And like all of Batman's enimies, she's flawed in ways Bruce fears but also relates to.

And I think the movie could show that. As long as she does something like, say, befriend a cop and then suddenly kills him in front of everyone, later seen laughing about it and then crying about it, or something along those lines, and as long as she DOES get back with Joker in the end (cause, let's face it, she'll never really be free of him. He created her, that's what makes her tragic, and this is the first time we meet her in this universe, so her becoming independent and actualized and all that just wouldn't make sense to the non-comic-book people; people who don't realize the years and years of abuse and wild antics and brief glimspes of romance and history those two characters share). And that can't just be summed up in a few flashbacks.

I don't know, I might be way off base but I'm just really connected to this character for some reason.
    Last edited by Unfinishedsentenc; 12-16-2015 at 03:58 PM.

Always Rakzo

Really liked the most recent issue. While the last one was mostly a set-up (and to be honest kinda dull), this one was just about the action and comedy I like.

Plus, it was a nice preparation for the upcoming Arkham story.

Extraordinary Member

Can they just be consistent with her logo at least, black and red or red and blue

*pic snip*

You mean the hair? Credit where it's due, man. That's from Arkham-verse Harley.

Love the new avatar btw.

Last edited by Ticklefist; 12-17-2015 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfinishedsentenc View Post
    Thank god. Now just change the writers.
    No sir. These new Harley Quinn comics are a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklefist View Post
    You mean the hair? Credit where it's due, man. That's from Arkham-verse Harley.

Love the new avatar btw.
    Credit where it's due hahah - sure, I know that all of Margot Robbie's SS look was all inspired from elsewhere and yes, her hair is inspired from the Arkhamverse...

With that said, the entire look on the cover is very much inspired by Margot Robbie's HQ, her hair has red and blue tips - unlike the Arkhamverse Harley with red and black tips. The makeup also is taken pretty closely to Margot Robbie's looks in the promos.

And then her outfit, although not taken exactly from the movie - gives her costume a twist with similarities from what we've seen so far from Margot's main costume.

And, thanks - I like it too ;-) it's been awhile.
    Last edited by CatBoy; 12-17-2015 at 03:12 AM. Reason: meow.
    Current Pull List: Catwoman - Batman - Detective Comics - Harley Quinn - Grayson - Batgirl - Afterlife With Archie - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - Harley Quinn/Power Girl - Black Canary - Midnighter

I thought Harley debuted the dyed tips in arkham but it was the new 52 that introduced the red and blue color scheme
    Now it sort of alternates between red and black
    In the movie Margot Robbie is blonde which I think accentuates the colors of whatever she is wearing

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I thought Harley debuted the dyed tips in arkham but it was the new 52 that introduced the red and blue color scheme
    Now it sort of alternates between red and black
    In the movie Margot Robbie is blonde which I think accentuates the colors of whatever she is wearing
    True. I'm not a big fan of the completely two-toned, checkerboard look. I like Harley more colorful and flashy and bright, like Margot's look

Extraordinary Member

She and Batman dont interact enough

Image027.jpg

Hey guys, did a drawing of Margot Robbie as our Harley. Gonna be posting some of my stuff online, would be cool if you could have a look

http://jjfroud.tumblr.com/
    http://jjfroud.deviantart.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images

In light of the upcoming Harley/Joker storyline in SUICIDE SQUAD, it also occurred to me that in a way Alicia is a pre-Harley Harley, ain't she? Interesting that the Joe Quinones pitch had the same idea if the Burton-verse had continued...
    http://joequinones.blogspot.com/2016/03/batman-89.html

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I just realized this. That Harley Quinn is none other than the Joker's moll Alicia Hunt in Batman '89, hence the Veronica Lake-esque hair covering half of her face as the Clown Prince did a number on that portion.

It's brilliant actually. Of course Alicia the Moll would go on to become the Burtonverse's Harley Quinn! She was in the same kind of toxic relationship with the Joker.

That was the ONLY thing interesting thing about this issue. Otherwise, this was the first issue in awhile that was a near complete wash.

Spectacular Member

Just saw a description of Harley on tumblr, and it sounded really off:

"Harley Quinn is a) educated/sophisticated, b) manipulative c) has a sense of humor"

I immediately thought to myself - NO SHE'S NOT! Harley is barely half these things. So I'm just wondering, how would you guys describe Harley?