Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    436 posts and counting... TheFearlessDefender89's Avatar

Default Harley Quinn Appreciation 2018

Here's the grand Harley Quinn appreciation thread, where we are free indulge in our love of all things Harley!

Pull List: Harley Quinn, Superman Unchained, She-Hulk, Ms.Marvel, The Fearless Defenders (R.I.P.)
    *~ValkyrieXAnnabelle~*

I've not seen that variant cover of #1 before, I likes!

I'm thoroughly enjoying her solo series at the moment, certainly the most interesting Harley Quinn I've read since Gotham City Sirens.

Can't wait to pick up the Comic-con special and the Director's Cut of #1 over the next couple of months.

I just read her first solo series a few weeks ago, Karl Kesel run was ok in a not bad forgettable way and the A.J. Lieberman run didn't seem like how a Harley comic should be at all but I did have a "WHAT THE F" moment with the ending Behind Blue Eyes even when I guessed how it'll end.

BANNED

Arrow The Harley Quinn ongoing

Oh, Kesel did a FANTASTIC job writing Harley. How she held love as sacred, how she was the only woman crazy enough to keep up hope that she'll escape hell, but at the same time being SO crazy that she induces genuine cognitive dissonnance within herself every time she murders someone in order to avoid taking responsibility for her actions, those comics proved wonderfully just hoe well Harley can function as an anti-hero.

Lieaberman though, well, I'll just say that that was not Harley Quinn, and those were not Harley Quinn stories.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Haruhater View Post
    Oh, Kesel did a FANTASTIC job writing Harley. How she held love as sacred, how she was the only woman crazy enough to keep up hope that she'll escape hell, but at the same time being SO crazy that she induces genuine cognitive dissonnance within herself every time she murders someone in order to avoid taking responsibility for her actions, those comics proved wonderfully just how well Harley can function as an anti-hero.
    I haven't read Harley's 1st solo series yet, but about the bolded part, that's how I see the character too. Most villains don't see themselves as villains in their own minds, and that's even moreso of the case for Harley Quinn because her whole entire motivation for being a villain was ironically built out of love. In my opinion she's not really a villain, just a mentally ill person with an extremely warped view on reality. For example: In reality the Joker is an evil, murdering, psychopath, in Harley's mind he's a misunderstood genius simply trying to make the world laugh (to her it's the world's fault if they don't get the joke, not his). In reality Harley's a villain for going along with the Joker & helping him hurt the Batfamily & Gotham City, in Harley's mind she's just a loving, devoted, girlfriend who's being a really good girlfriend to her boyfriend by believing in him, understanding him, being there for him, and standing by him against his enemies (it's them vs. the world and she's got her man's back no matter what).

Her distorted view on reality makes the character all the more interesting and complex IMO. I just love her so much .

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I did like how Kesel made her obbessed with the notion of love but the plots themselves just didn't do anything for me.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I am very pleased that the A.J. Lieberman issues of Harley Quinn are due to be collected in a TPB. Those are Harley's only "in continuity" comic appearences I have really enjoyed.

The first post only included pics of NuHarley... sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    The first post only included pics of NuHarley... sigh...
    How's this?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheFearlessDefender89 View Post
    Here's the grand Harley Quinn appreciation thread, where we are free indulge in our love of all things Harley!

Harley Quinn is the BEST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6Qkrk_BzxE

BANNED

You'd think with Harley Quinn Shipping 4 Times A Month starting in august

this place would be more active

jun160218.jpg

Great cover. I wish the previews showed the other 3 covers though. Makes it difficult to choose only being able to see 1 of them.

[There's 1 other Amanda Conner cover and there's 2 variants with no preview images]

I'm not a huge Harley fan but i do love Power Girl and Harley together as one of my favorite duos and Harley's been growing on me of late. It helps having Amanda Conner creating such awesome artistic representations of the character throughout the series on covers and such.

I missed a number of issues since Power Girl appeared in the series last but caught up on the last one with that Deadpool looking guy and it was pretty funny.

I'm not feeling Harley Quinn and Her Gang of Harleys, however. I checked out a preview and it didn't seem up to the same quality as the main series.
    Last edited by SXVA; 06-14-2016 at 10:47 AM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.