Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast
    436 posts and counting... TheFearlessDefender89's Avatar

Default Harley Quinn Appreciation 2018

Here's the grand Harley Quinn appreciation thread, where we are free indulge in our love of all things Harley!

Pull List: Harley Quinn, Superman Unchained, She-Hulk, Ms.Marvel, The Fearless Defenders (R.I.P.)
    *~ValkyrieXAnnabelle~*

I've not seen that variant cover of #1 before, I likes!

I'm thoroughly enjoying her solo series at the moment, certainly the most interesting Harley Quinn I've read since Gotham City Sirens.

Can't wait to pick up the Comic-con special and the Director's Cut of #1 over the next couple of months.

I just read her first solo series a few weeks ago, Karl Kesel run was ok in a not bad forgettable way and the A.J. Lieberman run didn't seem like how a Harley comic should be at all but I did have a "WHAT THE F" moment with the ending Behind Blue Eyes even when I guessed how it'll end.

BANNED

Arrow The Harley Quinn ongoing

Oh, Kesel did a FANTASTIC job writing Harley. How she held love as sacred, how she was the only woman crazy enough to keep up hope that she'll escape hell, but at the same time being SO crazy that she induces genuine cognitive dissonnance within herself every time she murders someone in order to avoid taking responsibility for her actions, those comics proved wonderfully just hoe well Harley can function as an anti-hero.

Lieaberman though, well, I'll just say that that was not Harley Quinn, and those were not Harley Quinn stories.

I did like how Kesel made her obbessed with the notion of love but the plots themselves just didn't do anything for me.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I am very pleased that the A.J. Lieberman issues of Harley Quinn are due to be collected in a TPB. Those are Harley's only "in continuity" comic appearences I have really enjoyed.

The first post only included pics of NuHarley... sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    The first post only included pics of NuHarley... sigh...
    How's this?

I absolutely love this character. Has to be my favorite female character by a large margin. I'm liking the current solo series and look forward to each issue like a child waiting for xmas day to arrive.

436 posts and counting... TheFearlessDefender89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pabst View Post
    I absolutely love this character. Has to be my favorite female character by a large margin. I'm liking the current solo series and look forward to each issue like a child waiting for xmas day to arrive.
    Me too! I'm already impatient for the next batch like a kid climbing the stool to get her hands in the cookie batter! It's a title people are sure to love by its sheer courage to be itself and have fun.
    Pull List: Harley Quinn, Superman Unchained, She-Hulk, Ms.Marvel, The Fearless Defenders (R.I.P.)
    *~ValkyrieXAnnabelle~*

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    How's this?

Much better, my eyes aren't bleeding. If only they used the video game non nurse design for Nu52.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison