Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Karasuryn View Post
    Thanks a bunch quinnzel!
    No problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I think in suicide squad she is just there to do something fun and exercise her sociopath nature. The whole taking Joker's face and putting it on Deadshot so she could vent was as deep as it ever got and all that went out the window when Joker came back.
    I don't know, I'd have to argue with you there... she still struggled with both personas after that fact, and she got a bit tamer after the whole deal with Deadshot and she was subdued (don't want to say too much for those who haven't read it and don't want spoilers!). I would say that this was even more apparent when Joker did come back because instead of running to him and demanding to be his partner in crime again, she stood up to him, fought him, and told him right to his stapled-on face that she was threw with him and he was the worst thing that had ever happened to her. I think at one point she even tells him that he was the biggest mistake of her life, or something to that effect. And after the entire thing is done, she goes back to the Squad and there's not any more madness with the Joker anymore.

I definitely agree that the Suicide Squad allows her to stretch her crazy muscles, but it also seemed to provide her with some perspective, too.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Really love New 52 Harley!
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    No problem!

I don't know, I'd have to argue with you there... she still struggled with both personas after that fact, and she got a bit tamer after the whole deal with Deadshot and she was subdued (don't want to say too much for those who haven't read it and don't want spoilers!). I would say that this was even more apparent when Joker did come back because instead of running to him and demanding to be his partner in crime again, she stood up to him, fought him, and told him right to his stapled-on face that she was threw with him and he was the worst thing that had ever happened to her. I think at one point she even tells him that he was the biggest mistake of her life, or something to that effect. And after the entire thing is done, she goes back to the Squad and there's not any more madness with the Joker anymore.

I definitely agree that the Suicide Squad allows her to stretch her crazy muscles, but it also seemed to provide her with some perspective, too.
    There was also the most recent issue of New Suicide Squad when she was fighting Joker's Daughter. She essentially told JD that modeling herself off of him was a big mistake and that he ruins everything around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    There was also the most recent issue of New Suicide Squad when she was fighting Joker's Daughter. She essentially told JD that modeling herself off of him was a big mistake and that he ruins everything around him.
    Indeed! I do like that they've carried that over into New Suicide Squad, and that the feud between Joker's Daughter and Harley hasn't just been some giant catfight like I was fearing (it has to an extent, but then Harley told her not to throw her life away).
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Lightbulb Brain Flirt

Comic books and comic book adapted media programs seem so much more edgy these days. Well, I guess since Alfred Hitchcock's "Psycho" (1960) was released, everyone wants to make entertainment more provocative and realistic (in terms of actual human frailties).

To that effect, here's a nice social scheme teaser perfect for the unusual Harley Quinn --- by the way I'd love to see her make some sort of nifty appearance on "Gotham" (Fox TV) perhaps by a fun actress such as Kelly Ripa:

"Harley and Talia plan an elaborate international airline opium-smuggling operation in Gotham City. The operation is in fact a front for something more ominous; the opium is being smuggled with an experimental insanity-inducing laughing gas. They are delighted to discover that they are receiving endorsements from the likes of Falcone and Edward Nygma. All is going well until Jim Gordon gets wind of its breadth and decides to direct almost 1/3 of the police department's activities toward the airline."

Carmine Falcone

hq.jpg

Incredible Member

If the joker died. Do you think she could she become a good guy or at least a neutral hero?
    Last edited by gwhh; 11-15-2014 at 09:10 PM.

wow cute

awwwwwwwwwwwwwcte

Default Good news for fans of pre-New52 Harley

Just like Poison Ivy before, Harley will get a new cover girls statue in her classic outfit:

DC COMICS COVER GIRLS HARLEY QUINN STATUE
    DESIGNED BY STANLEY "ARTGERM" LAU
    SCULPTED BY JACK MATHEWS
    The line of stunning statues inspired by the art of Stanley "Artgerm" Lau continues with this masterfully sculpted statue of the Cupid of Crime!
    Limited Edition of 5,200
    Measures Approximately 10.5" Tall
    $99.95 US • On Sale July 2015 * Allocations May Occur
    Source

Extraordinary Member

I love how far the solo comic has come. A nice life set with good supporting cast of characters, a job/false idenity and apprently her equivalent of lois lane. She has made Coney Island her metropolis and that awesome. However, has this life been mentioned in any other comic yet? Batman tend to do/be in 12 places at the same time so I'm sure it works that way for her too.

LOVE that new statue! Everything about it is Harley, but not just Harley, classic Harley. Her classic costume, her mallet, and her stance is perfect.

Extraordinary Member

Does anyone know what her actual skillset and abilities are in new52. Does she know any martial arts? She does some crazy stunts in the suicide squad.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Does anyone know what her actual skillset and abilities are in new52. Does she know any martial arts? She does some crazy stunts in the suicide squad.
    She is a mallet master. She can smash her mallet on superpowered being faces such as Wonder Girl. The superpower beings usually don't feel a thing ... At least, she keeps trying. Regardeless, GO HARLEY !

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's exceptional acrobatic abilities and speed, and I think she's still immune to most toxins like Joker gas. And then as stated above, she's still got her trusty 'ol mallet. I know in the 2001 Kesel/Dodson run Ivy injects Harley with something that enhances her abilities to near superhuman capacity and makes her immune to most toxins, and I think that's carried over, but don't quote me on that because I might be totally wrong!