Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tltid View Post
    Best version of Nu52 Harley we've seen. Too bad she isn't usually drawn like this.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Really like the newish look. They should get Daniels to redesign more costumes. He's saved Harley and Deathstroke from their terrible New 52 design. making Slade young is one of the stupidest things ever but I have a feeling it was editorially mandated to make him look more like he does on Arrow. Hopefully it doesn't last.

Lightbulb Urban Visor: Lithium

The single most intriguing aspect of the maniacal Harley Quinn is that she exemplifies perhaps the most eerie quality of Gotham City --- the moral angst surrounding the prosecution of criminal insanity.

Think about it --- Harley was once a recognized psychologist named Dr. Harleen Quinzel until she was turned into a prophet of anarchy by the devious Joker.

Harley Quinn is to urbanization what Robin Hood was to English frocks.

Papillon (Film)

^That should have been the Nu52 Harley Design.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Is the new 52 Harley worth reading?

I'm currently trying to find back issues of her pre-New 52 and having some trouble, I've also toyed with the idea of trying her newer stuff. Though in doing some basic research found out she was killing kids and people in general. Sounded like kind of a turn off from what I liked about her in Batman:TAS and her debut in comics.

Lightbulb Gender Cages

Gotham City is a place full of crime syndicates (i.e., Black Mask) and maniacal vigilantism (i.e., Two-Face).

In this environment, the insane Harley Quinn reminds us of the horror of 'gender perdition.'

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon Grundy View Post
    Is the new 52 Harley worth reading?

I'm currently trying to find back issues of her pre-New 52 and having some trouble, I've also toyed with the idea of trying her newer stuff. Though in doing some basic research found out she was killing kids and people in general. Sounded like kind of a turn off from what I liked about her in Batman:TAS and her debut in comics.
    Yeah, the pre-New 52 run is really hard to find in back issues except online and they tend to be sort of pricey. But it's been released in paperbacks and hardcovers, so I definitely recommend checking it out that way!

The New 52 run is sort of divisive. I love it a lot and a lot of people enjoy it, but it's definitely different than the Harley from the animated series and it's different than her original solo run mentioned previously. But it's still a really fun book and it's got some hilarious moments. I'd recommend at least giving it a shot if you're a Harley fan
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Extraordinary Member

I hope we can see the exent of her combat potential in Deathroke she hasn't had a serious fight in all of new 52

well she beat up joker's daughter

Ultimate Member

I'm not sure that Harley could take Slade in a straight-up fight, at least not by herself. Don't get me wrong, she's awesome. But Slade is well, Slade. He's one of the top fighters in the DCU, and the world's greatest mercenary. If characters like Batman or Black Canary have trouble with him, then Harley should as well, and that's no disrespect to her intended.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    well she beat up joker's daughter
    A teenage psychotic runaway vs Harley
    It sound crazy to say all that. Joker's daughter is capable of nothing, she not smart, she not strong, she is literally a random inmate with jokesr dead skin on her face
    that fight went on way to long

Anyway it just bugs me that have glossed over her backstory numerous times and have ignored the whole (near-olympic gymnast thing) (i think she mentioned have some basic self defense, considering she was a females doctor in a asylum) (then finally still no mention weather she has her enhancements, for poison immunity, agility and strength) I think she had a small healing factor before too. I dont understand how harley can survive what she does without thease things?

well she's clearly a master of disguise and capable of making traps, she can swing a huge hammer around pretty easily.
    I think she has a bit of toon force going for her now

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    ^That should have been the Nu52 Harley Design.
    Eh I am indifferent to her outfits in the Arkham games. The nurse outfit was repulsive in my opinion, and while the biker outfit wasn't as bad it just looked a bit too sexualized. I feel her Assault on Arkham outfit is the best since it is a nice modern adaptation to her original costume and it was able to look sexy without being too revealing.

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    Yeah, the pre-New 52 run is really hard to find in back issues except online and they tend to be sort of pricey. But it's been released in paperbacks and hardcovers, so I definitely recommend checking it out that way!

The New 52 run is sort of divisive. I love it a lot and a lot of people enjoy it, but it's definitely different than the Harley from the animated series and it's different than her original solo run mentioned previously. But it's still a really fun book and it's got some hilarious moments. I'd recommend at least giving it a shot if you're a Harley fan
    I enjoy the New 52 run. The storylines aren't too complicated but are more fun and straight to the point. Also the artwork is such a treat! My favorite issue so far is when her and Ivy save all those animals from getting euthanized at the animal shelter. I liked that they show Harley Quinn is a caring human and is an animal activist. Such a great change of pace for an anti-hero like herself.

What modern pre-52 Harley issues would you recommend other than Gotham Sirens? (A series I enjoyed since it had my 3 favorite DC heroines teamed up)
    Last edited by Project Initiative Cascada; 01-07-2015 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I enjoy the New 52 run. The storylines aren't too complicated but are more fun and straight to the point. Also the artwork is such a treat! My favorite issue so far is when her and Ivy save all those animals from getting euthanized at the animal shelter. I liked that they show Harley Quinn is a caring human and is an animal activist. Such a great change of pace for an anti-hero like herself.

What modern pre-52 Harley issues would you recommend other than Gotham Sirens? (A series I enjoyed since it had my 3 favorite DC heroines teamed up)
    I like that they show that Harley is caring, too. We sat again in the holiday special when she's scoping people out in the parking lot and sneaking the animals into the cars of the people she thinks will take good care of them

I just picked up Gotham City Sirens Book One so I'm really looking forward to getting into that series. Other than that, I recommend Harley's 2000 solo series by Karl Kesel hardcore. It's one of my favorite runs of anything I've read and Harley is just a huge plus for me!
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Lightbulb The Pandora Message

Is Harley Quinn the modern age prophetic harlot of Babylon? Is Gotham City therefore Babylon?

The Bible certainly suggests that unnatural mischief befouls friendship, and Harley Quinn's 'friendship' with the Joker leads her to create the sort of maniacal mischief that betrays the trust of the citizens of Gotham City.

When mischief clouds our sense of civics prioritization (i.e., beneficial bureaucracy), we are in danger of overlooking the value of social duties (i.e., civil procedures).

How will the mayor of Gotham talk about the management of the city's homeless children if a maniac like Harley Quinn is running around with the Joker trumpeting 'managerialism subversion'?

Harley Quinn is like a modern age Medusa. She's so devious and charming that you don't know whether to kill her or romance her.

Medusa