Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Does anyone else think Cupid is a Harley Quinn rip off? She's joining the Suicide Squad as well.
    I don't know if I'd call her a completely "ripoff." From what I've read, Andrew Kreisberg simply has this weird obsession with creating a "stalker-type" villain, rather than being influenced by Harley specifically. I do agree that she usually comes across as Harley-ish, but without the strange/demented charm and humor that Harley possess.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    So, I just wanted to put this here:

http://www.newsarama.com/23500-conne...e-readers.html

Cool news but this especially made my day:

Conner: "Yeah, I think it's appropriate that it's Harley Quinn month, because it is the month of Valentine's Day, and she's one of those people who's always falling madly in love, whether it's her pets or the Joker or a new guy or a new girl. Or things in her house, like the "scatapult." You know, she just falls in love with everything."

Harley's bisexuality frikking confirmed by none other than Amanda Conner!

I'm done.
    I thought that this was already public knowledge. Paul Dini and Bruce Timm both confirmed that Harley and Poison Ivy hooked up in BTAS, Harley's own book had the two of them flat-out in bed together in an early issue, and Harley kissed Ivy in the Annual. I didn't think that her bisexuality was in doubt, it's kind of obvious.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I thought that this was already public knowledge. Paul Dini and Bruce Timm both confirmed that Harley and Poison Ivy hooked up in BTAS, Harley's own book had the two of them flat-out in bed together in an early issue, and Harley kissed Ivy in the Annual. I didn't think that her bisexuality was in doubt, it's kind of obvious.
    Yeah, but Dini/Timm's version was pre-New 52.

About the Harley and Ivy appearing in bed together, I thought it was mostly a fun joke for the audience and nothing out of normal since friends can indeed sleep in the same bed without anything happening.

Everything that happened AFTER it however, definitely confirmed Harley's Bi tendency.

Can someone please explain the enjoyment of the current look/incarnation of the character? Her comic is incredibly boring. It's trying too hard to be a Garth Ennis/Hitman-style romp, but it's neither fun nor funny. I really cannot hear Arleen Sorkin's voice when Harley talks. Dying her hair and skin makes her so derivative of The Joker, and the new costume looks like it's left over from a '90s Liefeld Image title. I'm trying to read the first trade, but it's so boring. It's not clever, it's not funny, and it's not fun. What are people enjoying about this?

Ultimate Member

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/margo...i-picture-deal

Looks like we could be seeing a lot of Margot Robbie moving forward. I have no problem with this

I was just at my comic book store today and saw that Harley was almost in every New 52 DC book right now. It's incredible! When did Harley's popularity sprung so high? I knew she was always popular, but ever since her reboot she has been everywhere imaginable!

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/margo...i-picture-deal

Looks like we could be seeing a lot of Margot Robbie moving forward. I have no problem with this
    I like hearing that! I don't know much about Robbie other than her role in the Wolf of Wall Street, but I have a feeling she will pull off Ms. Quinn very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I was just at my comic book store today and saw that Harley was almost in every New 52 DC book right now. It's incredible! When did Harley's popularity sprung so high? I knew she was always popular, but ever since her reboot she has been everywhere imaginable!
    I think your looking at the hq month variants she stars in two and was a guest in one book this month.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by napolid View Post
    I think your looking at the hq month variants she stars in two and was a guest in one book this month.
    Really? Because I saw she was on the cover of this month's Wonder Woman, Justice League, Deathstroke, Green Arrow, Detective Comics, and I think Batgirl. Were all of those variants? Who came up with the idea to have a bunch of Harley Quinn variants lol?

Is Harley a huge character now? I notice DC is putting her on the cover of every book to try to trick me into thinking she is actually in it.
    Thor: "I was flying through the cosmos, on my way to Midgard, when something struck me in the face. It was blood."

Really? Because I saw she was on the cover of this month's Wonder Woman, Justice League, Deathstroke, Green Arrow, Detective Comics, and I think Batgirl. Were all of those variants? Who came up with the idea to have a bunch of Harley Quinn variants lol?
    Ah I see I am not only one wondering about this. DC tricked me into buying a flash issue with her on the cover. No Harley inside tho so this week I skimmed thru other DC issues then I realized she was on variant covers not actual issues. But she actually was in the deathstroke issue this week, I bought that.
    Thor: "I was flying through the cosmos, on my way to Midgard, when something struck me in the face. It was blood."

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Ah I see I am not only one wondering about this. DC tricked me into buying a flash issue with her on the cover. No Harley inside tho so this week I skimmed thru other DC issues then I realized she was on variant covers not actual issues. But she actually was in the deathstroke issue this week, I bought that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpi View Post
    Can someone please explain the enjoyment of the current look/incarnation of the character? Her comic is incredibly boring. It's trying too hard to be a Garth Ennis/Hitman-style romp, but it's neither fun nor funny. I really cannot hear Arleen Sorkin's voice when Harley talks. Dying her hair and skin makes her so derivative of The Joker, and the new costume looks like it's left over from a '90s Liefeld Image title. I'm trying to read the first trade, but it's so boring. It's not clever, it's not funny, and it's not fun. What are people enjoying about this?
    Not sure I can explain it in words. Either you "get it" or you won't. It's irreverant and fun and not taking itself seriously. I cann it "yay" as an adjective. Another historically yay character, Catwoman, is now being written all wrong, too serious, she doesn't wear the costume anymore, is the leader of the gotham underworld, not fun at all like a catwoman comic should be. They should bring back gotham city sirens, Harley, Ivy and Selina, and write them yay.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Is Harley a huge character now? I notice DC is putting her on the cover of every book to try to trick me into thinking she is actually in it.
    Yes, she is. Her title is one of the best selling ones from DC's line.

Quote Originally Posted by rpi View Post
    I believe Harley is the best selling female superhero book from either big company. I LOVE Harley Quinn and it literally pains me that I can't stand Nu52 Harley. I'm sure I'm vocally annoying about it too, but I was just so invested and passionate about the Classic version and this new character is not the same. I can argue in circles as to why she's not the same and I have to agree to disagree. But the biggest blow is that this version is REALLY popular. And Harley was already popular. So clearly I'm in the minority. (However literally every creator interview I've read says they prefer Classic Harley). So this is Harley now and forever. I'm glad she's gained popularity but I hate that most appreciate or view her in the passionate light I once did.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I believe Harley is the best selling female superhero book from either big company. I LOVE Harley Quinn and it literally pains me that I can't stand Nu52 Harley. I'm sure I'm vocally annoying about it too, but I was just so invested and passionate about the Classic version and this new character is not the same. I can argue in circles as to why she's not the same and I have to agree to disagree. But the biggest blow is that this version is REALLY popular. And Harley was already popular. So clearly I'm in the minority. (However literally every creator interview I've read says they prefer Classic Harley). So this is Harley now and forever. I'm glad she's gained popularity but I hate that most appreciate or view her in the passionate light I once did.
    What I like about the Nu52 version is the fact that she realized what a monster the Joker is and is fully aware of how wrong she was for constantly going back to him. That's primarily what I really hated about classic Harley was her constantly running back to the Joker and getting abused each time. Writers could've easily taken that opportunity to go against domestic violence and show that no one should ever have to go through that, but instead they continued to support it and in turn that further diminished Harley's character.

And like I said before, I love what an animal activist Nu52 Harley is!

What I like about the Nu52 version is the fact that she realized what a monster the Joker is and is fully aware of how wrong she was for constantly going back to him. That's primarily what I really hated about classic Harley was her constantly running back to the Joker and getting abused each time. Writers could've easily taken that opportunity to go against domestic violence and show that no one should ever have to go through that, but instead they continued to support it and in turn that further diminished Harley's character.

And like I said before, I love what an animal activist Nu52 Harley is!
    Except NuHarley's actions are pretty monstrous herself.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/