Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

There is. $.99 Suicide Squad sale going on at comixology FYI. You can get the whole new 52 series with Harley for about $30. I haven't read it personally, would anyone recommend it? I heard mixed things about it.

Not really liking the new suicide squad that's out. Harley for some reason is at odds with Jokers daughters because she's wearing Joker's face when Harley was all too happy to have Deadshot wear the face while tied up. Maybe it will get better on too good news
    Harley Quinn is back in the top 10
    http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...4/2014-06.html
    I think its funny how Joker has all but completely disappeared from comics since DOTF and Harley has sorta replaced him as the female joker becoming DC's most popular female character.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

So I'm finishing up the pencils for this, but I feel like I can add more things to it. More things to make it more Harley. Figured this would be the best place to ask for suggestions.

I thought of adding arm sleeves, but I'm afraid of her looking like a French maid or something. She had thigh high leggings at one point also. Might bring those back. I wish I can add her prop gun that goes "Bang!" in her left hand, shooting upwards... but since this isn't digital, I'm better off leaving it. Thanks, guys!

IMG_20140718_223820.jpg
    Pull List: Amazing Spider-Man, Rat Queens, Sex Criminals, Saga, Rocket Girl, Velvet, Afterlife with Archie, Outcast, Alex + Ada, Deadly Class, Spread, Spider-Man 2099, Black Science, TMNT, Batman, Harley Quinn, Five Ghosts, Low, Guardians of the Galaxy, Shutter, Starlord, the Fade Out.

Chopping block: Lazarus, Southern Bastards, Rocket Raccoon, and Starlight.

IDK if you don't want to do sleeves you could do something similar to this

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Well I read Secret Origins. I keep trying to like NuHarley. I WANT to. I want to look past the silly redesign/slutty outfit. But the character just isn't there anymore.

Bringing back this thread because yes. Harley. This is my thread

My very favorite Harley will always be the B:TAS era, Paul Dini/Bruce Timm harley in red and black harlequin outfit with the bangles on her head, hands down. But I thought Karl Kesel did an EXCELLENT job writing Harley and that has been one of my favorite runs of all the comics I've read so far. It was just so chaotic and fun and I mean, when even Hell won't keep Harley because she's too damn annoying... I mean come on, you've got to love that.

I've been surprised at how much I've enjoyed the New 52 Harley so far. I haven't read any of her solo series yet (waiting for the trade) other than issue #0, which I absolutely loved. I've been reading Suicide Squad though and I've enjoyed her in that a lot. I'm not sure how I feel about this whole thing with Joker's Daughter in New Suicide Squad-- the character of Joker's Daughter to me feels a little gimmicky, in some ways, but since I'm obviously very partial to Harley, I'm happy she's still in the Squad.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

The only thing I'd get rid of from the new Harley is her white skin but since her solo is having her kinda skirt that issue to appear normal sometimes its not as big of a issue for me. She's still the same Harley only with a greater prominence in the DCU

Harley has been popular with fans since her introduction in the 90s animated series and deservedley so. I have enjoyed watching her exploits with 'Mista J' for years!

Ultimate Member

She's great in Assault on Arkham. Even her costume is better there than it is in the Arkham games or the New 52.

BANNED

Harley Quinn is the currently best-selling female ongoing by a mile.

Not only that, her TPBs are also going well.

Here's what I've got in comichron so far:

November 2013 Comic Book Sales Figures
    Harley Quinn 0 $2.99 DC 114,212 rank 2nd

December 2013 Comic Book Sales Figures

Harley Quinn 1 $2.99 DC 92,153 rank 7th
    Harley Quinn 0 $2.99 DC 4,989
    Harley Quinn Night And Day Amazon data for this TPB $16.99 DC 440

January 2014 Comic Book Sales Figures
    Harley Quinn 2 $2.99 DC 66,363 rank 8th
    Harley Quinn 1 $2.99 DC 3,165
    Harley Quinn 0 $2.99 DC 1,971
    Harley Quinn Preludes And Knock Knock Jokes Amazon data for this TPB $19.99 DC 1,230

February 2014 Comic Book Sales Figures
    Harley Quinn 3 $2.99 DC 63,967 rank 11th
    DC Comics Presents Harley Quinn 1 $7.99 DC 15,587
    Harley Quinn 1 $2.99 DC 8,273
    Harley Quinn 2 $2.99 DC 6,995

March 2014 Comic Book Sales Figures
    Harley Quinn 4 $2.99 DC 63,120 rank 14th
    Harley Quinn 1 $2.99 DC 5,655
    Harley Quinn 0 $2.99 DC 4,678
    Harley Quinn 2 $2.99 DC 3,126
    Harley Quinn 3 $2.99 DC 2,820
    Harley Quinn Welcome To Metropolis Amazon data for this TPB $19.99 DC 4,327

April 2014 Comic Book Sales Figures
    Harley Quinn 5 $2.99 DC 63,155 rank 15th
    Harley Quinn 1 $2.99 DC 3,019
    Harley Quinn Welcome To Metropolis Amazon data for this TPB $19.99 DC 804
    Harley Quinn Preludes And Knock Knock Jokes Amazon data for this TPB $19.99 DC 584
    Harley Quinn Night And Day Amazon data for this TPB $16.99 DC 541

May 2014 Comic Book Sales Figures
    Harley Quinn 6 $2.99 DC 62,467 rank 14th
    Harley Quinn 2 $2.99 DC 5,547
    Dc Comics Presents Harley Quinn 1 $7.99 DC 3,668
    Harley Quinn Welcome To Metropolis Amazon data for this TPB $19.99 DC 460
    Harley Quinn Preludes And Knock Knock Jokes Amazon data for this TPB $19.99 DC 391

June 2014 Comic Book Sales Figures
    Harley Quinn 7 $2.99 DC 93,266 rank 4th
    Harley Quinn 0 Directors Cut $4.99 DC 15,730
    Harley Quinn 1 $2.99 DC 8,047
    Harley Quinn 3 $2.99 DC 6,033
    Harley Quinn Welcome To Metropolis Amazon data for this TPB $19.99 DC 412
    Harley Quinn Preludes and Knock Knock Jokes Amazon data for this TPB $19.99 DC 405

This is really amazing!

and for July, Harley Quinn #8 is in the top 10. I'll try to update this post every month.

I would really wish if I could have my post moved to the 2nd post of this thread. Is it possible?
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 08-09-2014 at 05:37 AM.

Harley's June sales were boosted (along with a number of DC books) by the Bombshell covers, which proved to be incredibly popular. But since the usual drop-off after a first issue, Harley's sales have been strong and, more importantly, consistent with #2-#6 all remaining above the 60k mark. And given her Top 10 placing in July, it's a safe bet she's retained some of June's Bombshell readers, with sales probably somewhere between 70k-80k.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Harley's June sales were boosted (along with a number of DC books) by the Bombshell covers, which proved to be incredibly popular. But since the usual drop-off after a first issue, Harley's sales have been strong and, more importantly, consistent with #2-#6 all remaining above the 60k mark. And given her Top 10 placing in July, it's a safe bet she's retained some of June's Bombshell readers, with sales probably somewhere between 70k-80k.
    Thank you for the explanation, I was really wondering why there was a big boost on DC Comics for the month of June. Now I know. Thanks again.