Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Harley Quinn #22
    Fun cover. Likable inside art. Hilarious opening dream sequence. Sexy Jean Raymond intro. Spot on Spoonsdale. Meet the parents - with details. Goatboy facetime. Reunite with Sinn and Macabres. Harely fights in a towel. Cliffhanger teaser. Dini backup for nostalgia buffs. All makes for a solid installment.
    tumblr_or5fctLtnS1tgo8o0o1_250.jpg

I just love this pic of Harley. Ignore the tweet guys Harley does deserve to be treated great. I just got into her in a big way tanks to my 15 year old niece
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-29-2017 at 06:30 AM.

dc is kinda pushing harley and nightwing a little so he'll take good care of her im sure.

The Paul Dini back-ups have had Joker treating her surprisingly well given his track record, and maybe the most consistently well he's ever treated Harley.

I keep waiting for the shoe to drop and he loses it but it hasn't happened yet.

Suicide Squad #20
    Real character development. Pretty good post-Flag followup. Harley gets a DC-smartmove promotion. If only the art was a bit more refined.

This was a good read and now that Harley is leader the chronological and canon incongruities between this book and her title are UNFORGIVABLE and IRRECONCILABLE. I think one of the 2 has to go. It is so offputting and inconsistent to vicariously share adventure with 2 completely different variations - masquerading (courtesy DC) as the same bad girl. Is is the fun HQ book or the exciting SS book? Hmmm...

suicide-squad-2016-c20.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    Suicide Squad #20
    Real character development. Pretty good post-Flag followup. Harley gets a DC-smartmove promotion. If only the art was a bit more refined.

This was a good read and now that Harley is leader the chronological and canon incongruities between this book and her title are UNFORGIVABLE and IRRECONCILABLE. I think one of the 2 has to go. It is so offputting and inconsistent to vicariously share adventure with 2 completely different variations - masquerading (courtesy DC) as the same bad girl. Is is the fun HQ book or the exciting SS book? Hmmm...

suicide-squad-2016-c20.jpg
    Harley is leader AND Sejic art. I guess I'll have to pick that one up

So Harley is now leader of the suicide squad
    I mean she was less crazy for awhile there until flag went mia and she kinda lost it again.
    I'm sure this development is all one big xanatos gambit by Waller

Just found out about this
    http://www.cbr.com/harley-ivy-betty-veronica-crossover/

A perfect crossover but I would have included Catwoman too

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    Suicide Squad #20

All in all, I think this issue is proof that Stjepan Sejic is the Ric Flair of comic books. The other guy (in this case, the writer) can be anybody, even a broomstick, but just because Sejic is involved, what they put up for the fans is by default a three out of five stars performance. No wonder therefore if this might be the best thing ever written by Rob Williams. A couple of issues from his Martian Manhunter run come close but this takes the cake.

The pacing is perfect. The dialogue is fluid. For the first time since it was introduced, the Killer Croc/Enchantress angle as a Beauty & the Beast romance works like a charm. The characterization of the cast members has rarely been as incisive. Harley has never looked as good as this ever since the New52 relaunch (which should be expected, since Sejic is a big fan of the character). The new dynamic introduced in the finale promises to be extremely interesting if done right. Even a throwaway gag like the lady repeatedly yelling that someone should shoot the giant human-crocodile hybrid is perfectly executed -- in fact, knowing a little how Stjepan's sense of humour works, I have the feeling (I don't know how well-founded) that it wasn't exclusively Williams's idea.

Please DC, after reading this, could we just have Sejic draw everything?

I kid, of course, but three years ago, before his arm and back problems reared they ugly heads, he was such a Stakhanovite that he could have actually accepted such a challenge.

Suicide Squad-Crossing-the-Delaware by Nszerdy

Does anyone else think the regular series is awful? My daughter gets it, so I usually read it. She enjoys it, but I don't think it's very good. Maybe I don't find it all that funny (it's supposed to be a funny book right?) or I find they have watered her down way to much in an attempt to make her more heroic.

Harley Quinn #24

"THE PARENT TRAP"! Harley has faced every challenge even she could possibly imagine, but can she survive... a visit from her parents?! And in "Harley Loves Joker" part eight, the duo's new headquarters comes with some unforeseen complications!
    This ish was fun. This ish was wordy. This ish was unfortunate... for the bad boys to be dumped outside the shower stall while naked Power Girl is in it! On the down side: The hilarious and beautiful cover is just wasteful and annoying for being unrelated. The backup is quickly becoming tiresome. The inclusion of PG, who should be on EARTH 2 AFAIK, just screams Elseworlds series which once OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED will be a deal breaker and probably dropped as things stand now.
    24_medium.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Does anyone else think the regular series is awful? My daughter gets it, so I usually read it. She enjoys it, but I don't think it's very good. Maybe I don't find it all that funny (it's supposed to be a funny book right?) or I find they have watered her down way to much in an attempt to make her more heroic.
    It's an out-of-continuity comedy book fueled by bathroom humor and cheap innuendo. If you're looking for something else, you'll be disappointed.

It's a good palate cleanser for the rest of the superhero books out there.

Since this is all over the web in News and was posted in the Poison Ivy thread, I figured I put it here as well. Actor Liev Schreiber took his son to Comic Con dressed as Harley and it's sparking some interesting discussions:

https://www.yahoo.com/style/liev-sch...190522926.html

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Since this is all over the web in News and was posted in the Poison Ivy thread, I figured I put it here as well. Actor Liev Schreiber took his son to Comic Con dressed as Harley and it's sparking some interesting discussions:

https://www.yahoo.com/style/liev-sch...190522926.html
    I'm all for it, I think it's great.

Because:
    1. I'm an Australian Early Children Educator, and I see girls role play male characters all the time which includes superheroes. It does not always mean that the girl is going to grow into a lesbian or that she wants to be a boy, it just reflects the inequality in the exposure to strong female lead roles e.g Wonder Woman as to male lead rolese.g Batman/Superman. Also people do not bat an eye when girls roleplay men they admire but the same can't be said about boys roleplaying women they admire, for the fear they may be queer (which is very wrong). I believe if boys were encouraged to roleplay women they admire, they may grow up with a more balanced point of view on women.

2. That boy's (Liev Schreiber's son) Mum is Australian and Australians in Hollywood support each other, so maybe that's what he was doing, and I say good on him.