Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Mad Love is such a great one and done story its hard to compare. I really enjoyed "The Code" in No Man's Land. And her original solo series was fantastic.
    I haven't read No Man's Land yet, but I completely agree on her original solo! It's one of my favorite runs I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Harley and Ivy make out waaay too much to be considered just "best friends" (Unless they're best friends with benefits).

Not complaining of course since I loved the most recent issue.
    Is this from the Annual? I picked it up today but I haven't cracked it open yet... looking forward to it

Which cover did you guys pick up? I grabbed the Bombshell variant cover but I was really surprised at how many people at my LCS were just buying the regular cover (and these are the people who usually shell out more for variants when I watch them compile their stacks every week). Also, the owner of my LCS mentioned something about the different covers to a customer who asked and I heard him say something about how one of the covers "couldn't be shipped internationally" or something along those lines. Does anyone know anything about that?
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Harley and Ivy make out waaay too much to be considered just "best friends" (Unless they're best friends with benefits).

Not complaining of course since I loved the most recent issue.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    Is this from the Annual? I picked it up today but I haven't cracked it open yet... looking forward to it

Which cover did you guys pick up? I grabbed the Bombshell variant cover but I was really surprised at how many people at my LCS were just buying the regular cover (and these are the people who usually shell out more for variants when I watch them compile their stacks every week). Also, the owner of my LCS mentioned something about the different covers to a customer who asked and I heard him say something about how one of the covers "couldn't be shipped internationally" or something along those lines. Does anyone know anything about that?
    Yep. After the most recent Annual, Harley Quinn has officially become a gayer book than Batwoman which is hilarious all things considered.

I buy digitally so no variant cover for me sadly (nor smell).

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    I don't think you're supposed to like how Joker is treating her though.
    But lots of people in the fandom do, which is the problem. It's pretty much the perfect representation of an utterly abusive relationship, but some people insist on treating it like the Joker only does it because he loves her and that they're the best couple ever, which is nonsense.

Neither character is sane so they define love in weird ways hence the faux abusive played straight nature of their romance being utterly fine for Harley.Joker even lusts after Harley sometimes. Maybe that's all she wants to be noticed once in a while during the breaks from killing people.

I finally got around to reading the Annual the other night and I really enjoyed it. A really fun issue as usual and had some really great moments. Probably my favorite part was Ivy's hallucinatory sequence where Swamp Thing makes an appearance. I loved the artwork and then it made me laugh when Ivy and Harley start to beat up the bee that comes to "collect their nectar" (that sounds creepy even typing it out).

I really wish Bruce Timms had gotten to contribute a page or even a single panel for the Annual but I'm greedy

By the way, some of those smells-- whoooo-eeeee! That leather jacket smell was so strong it actually started to make me feel a tad bit nauseous as I read the rest of the book (so... mission accomplished, Harley?). The scent of the hallucinogenic green goo smelled so much like Vick's Vapor Rub that I think it actually momentarily cleared my sinuses for me, and then there's pizza burp, which... holy cheeseballs, it actually smelled really terrible.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Ultimate Member

I think that the Joker might very well "love" her in his own twisted way. But he's also an insane homicidal psychopath who hasn't really had genuine emotional connections to people before. So his definition of "love" is going to be rather different than what most normal people would characterize it as.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    There's also this:

http://media.tumblr.com/7efdf1ea7e82...HEc1qbujox.png

That's just about as close to explicit confirmation as you can get short of Harley saying "hey Ivy, that's was some great sex last night huh," or something like that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
    Harley Quinn is pretty much the title I await the most every month. Don't really care for the new love interest though. He's just kind of... some dude.

I love how they keep making jokes about the whole thing with Harley's sexuality. This series may not be in continuity, but the blatant innuendos about her and Ivy have been hilarious. And the kind, sorta, subtle insinuation that she was hitting on Power Girl in the last issue was likewise fantastic.

Ever read Bruce has a Problem? Sort of a round robin fanfic about Harley deducing that Bruce Wayne is Batman. One of the best fanfics I've ever read. Also a great, light-hearted exploration of the pre-Flashpoint Batfamily as a whole.

I love what their... "thing" says about him even more than what it says about her. She's just looking for someone to follow around, but I think that his Ice-Cold-Assassin shtick is just screaming out for someone to make him laugh. Pretty sure I remember her getting him to crack a smile at least once in Suicide Squad.

I am thrilled for someone to get her away from the Joker though. Why anybody thinks they're a good couple escapes me. I'm pretty sure the main reason he keeps her around is just for an ego boost, since she's his greatest example that everyone really is like him and just needs the right push to go off the deep end. Other than that i don't imagine he thinks of her as anything more than a decent way to spend fifteen minutes. The Joker is hands down my fav comic book villain, but when it comes to him and Harley, I kind of hate him for how he treats her.
    I loved her and Floyd's interactions in Assault on Arkham. That bedroom scene was hilarious, Yahtzee indeed.

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I think that the Joker might very well "love" her in his own twisted way. But he's also an insane homicidal psychopath who hasn't really had genuine emotional connections to people before. So his definition of "love" is going to be rather different than what most normal people would characterize it as.
    I don't think that's love in any way that deserves the description even in quotation marks. I'm sure he has some kind of positive feelings towards her, but probably just like someone who "loves" their Corvette. It's something that they've taken a great deal of time and energy into maintaining and customizing, and so they feel pride and attachment to it, but calling it love is just an exaggeration. That's how I think Harley is to him, something that he's remade in his image, and that he feels belongs to him, so he feels attached, but only in the way the Corvette owner is attached to his inanimate object.

Quote Originally Posted by MrStatham View Post
    But lots of people in the fandom do, which is the problem. It's pretty much the perfect representation of an utterly abusive relationship, but some people insist on treating it like the Joker only does it because he loves her and that they're the best couple ever, which is nonsense.
    Yeah I never understood why Harley fans would want her to be with the Joker. She's a tragically abused spouse. Joker treats her like crap, beats the hell out of her, and she eventually comes back to him. Being "insane" means you have no control of your actions. The Joker clearly knows what he is doing. Even if a man has psychological issues that's still no excuse for him to regularly beat his wife/girlfriend.
    In an age where people get offended by so many things that happen in comics I'm always surprised this isn't more of an issue. It makes me laugh when I see couples cosplay as Joker and Harley. It's like "yay spousal abuse."

I'm not a fan of Joker's portrayal when he's shown to have feelings for Harley. Joker's real love is himself and Batman. Neither in a sexual way. The only reason why Joker should tolerate Harley is because he loves being worshipped. That's what they have in common. They both love The Joker.

I've always loved the famous Alex Ross pic of Joker and Harley because it captures the relationship perfectly. She's gazing at him lovingly and he's looking right past her. Almost as if he's looking at his own reflection.

Last edited by Robotman; 11-08-2014 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    GAAAHHHH! Must....have.....it