Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

That brings up a good point. I wonder if Margot Robbie appreciates the depth of fanboy creepiness that she will soon be subjected to. Nothing against that pic, but it's been like a month since anybody even mentioned her and already she has high quality fanart.

BANNED

Fan art already? Hahaha

I think she works as Harley
    I was worried they might have cast cara as Harley for a minute.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I think she works as Harley
    I was worried they might have cast cara as Harley for a minute.
    I was worried about that too. She's certainly beautiful, and a very cool person, but I don't trust her acting skills, especially for a role like this. I have so much faith in this casting. I know a lot of people have been saying WB's casting for DC characters are disappointing but I disagree. I think they have made some fantastic choices and that all of the actors will do amazingly, both in TV and film. Actually I take some of that back. I don't trust that Ezra Miller will play a good Flash, or that he should play Flash at all. It's nothing against him at all, it's just that Grant Gustin is such a damn good Barry Allen....this guy looks tired and strung out in all of his pictures. I can't picture him as a superhero, and definitely not a wise-cracking speedster/scientist.

I went on a little rant about DC casting there. My apologies for going off topic. Margot Robbie will do wonderfully, mark my words.

Also, for anyone worried about the accent, just listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7zEiQI0Pb8

WARNING: NSFW

EDIT: This is safer I guess....Jimmy Kimmel interviewing her about a Brooklyn accent
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfVy5P9WwFw
    Last edited by GrandKaiser; 11-10-2014 at 07:09 AM.

I saw that video too. Can act, can accent, can blonde. Good enough for me at this point. The biggest x-factor now will be if she and Jared Leto will have chemistry. If Harley Quinn and the Joker don't work together then no matter how well they are cast, the movie will seriously suffer for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
    I saw that video too. Can act, can accent, can blonde. Good enough for me at this point. The biggest x-factor now will be if she and Jared Leto will have chemistry. If Harley Quinn and the Joker don't work together then no matter how well they are cast, the movie will seriously suffer for it.
    I'm so curious as to what role Joker will play in the film. I think it's pretty obvious that he won't be a member but Harley is definitely a member. So is she post Joker? Or does she side with Joker toward the end? I guess we'll find out soon enough...

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    I'm so curious as to what role Joker will play in the film. I think it's pretty obvious that he won't be a member but Harley is definitely a member. So is she post Joker? Or does she side with Joker toward the end? I guess we'll find out soon enough...
    They would never downplay the Joker by using him as merely a character-builder for Harley, possibly as a flashback character, so I'm going to assume that he's going to be playing much the same role as he did in Assault On Arkham. I'm just hoping that Joker Mania doesn't get this turned into a Joker-centric movie. I could totally see that happening.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
    They would never downplay the Joker by using him as merely a character-builder for Harley, possibly as a flashback character, so I'm going to assume that he's going to be playing much the same role as he did in Assault On Arkham. I'm just hoping that Joker Mania doesn't get this turned into a Joker-centric movie. I could totally see that happening.
    Yeah I really hope not. I do think that WB will promote this film using the Joker, though. He'll definitely be in the trailers and on posters. People LOVE Joker.

I never saw Wolf of Wallstreet and wasn't into this casting until I youtubed her scenes... wow, her voice is perfect for Harley. Looking forward to this! Now we just need to see how they do the outfit.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    Here's some food for thought: what is your favorite Harley Quinn story, everyone?
    "Mad Love" & "Case Study".

^^^

Somehow I missed that post. Unfortunately I'm still new to comics, so my non-B:TAS familiarity with her is mostly Suicide Squad and her current solo title. Her adventure with the old guy in the wheel chair, Sy Borgman, was pretty rad (I forget which issues). I liked the different parts of her new personality it showed: she's crazy and violent enough to not particularly care whether the people they're killing are actually Russian spies, or the old guy is just senile. Either way, she's having a blast. But mostly she's doing it to help out her new friend, cause no matter what the **** is wrong with her, she's got a big heart and is loyal to the end. Along with the rest of the series, it also explores the idea that she lives in a bubble world that keeps her from really being able to connect to reality. It's the perfect escalation of her original characterization from B:TAS that the New 52 was going for and largely failed to do with Suicide Squad.

Then of course their are the classic episodes from B:TAS series, all of which were some of the best of the show: Mad Love, Harlequinade, Harley's Holiday, and Harley and Ivy.

Really great casting.

Classic Harley in the movie please!
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Really stoked that they're finally releasing a new Harley figure with this look. Really digging it! The only bad thing is we have to wait until July of next year.

As for Margot Robbie playing Harley-- I haven't seen anything she's in, but she's definitely got "the look" to pull off Harley. From everything I've heard, she's got the acting chops to pull off the role, so at this point, if they come out and officially say yes Harley is in the film, and yes she's playing her, I'll be a happy camper.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender