Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Last edited by Enigmatic Undead; 11-14-2014 at 01:40 PM.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

old harley is getting a miniseries ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    It's beautiful as she looks just the way she should be in the comics.

Not like her new 52 look as that isn't a look worthy for her at all.

I really hope this costume comes back, it is so classic and perfect. If the new 52 style must stay, I prefer the roller derby version.

Anyone else hate that she is permanently stark white with multi-colored hair now?

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    I really hope this costume comes back, it is so classic and perfect. If the new 52 style must stay, I prefer the roller derby version.

Anyone else hate that she is permanently stark white with multi-colored hair now?
    God yes. I could try to look past her terrible origin retcon but the redesign is awful and a constant reminder that Harley has changed for the worse.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Its not like she can't put on makeup like she does in her ongoing
    As it stands now when she's pale and two tone dyed hair she just doesn't look right in the old costume

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I'm also not a fan of having her skin permanently bleached white. It's weird that they'd make her more like the Joker in that regard at the same time that they seem to be trying to distance her from the Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by punisher007 View Post
    yeah, i'm also not a fan of having her skin permanently bleached white. It's weird that they'd make her more like the joker in that regard at the same time that they seem to be trying to distance her from the joker.
    thank you.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Her skin is white. Who cares?

All-New Member

What collections would be good to check out if I was looking to read some Harley comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Karasuryn View Post
    What collections would be good to check out if I was looking to read some Harley comics?
    I definitely recommend checking out the trade paperback Mad Love and Other Stories. This contains the original Harley Quinn origin story by her creators Bruce Timm and Paul Dini and the collection has lots of other great Harley and Batman stuff too!

I also recommend checking out the 2001 Kesel/Dodson Harley Quinn run, which is still my favorite Harley run! In paperback form, it starts with Preludes and Knock-Knock Jokes and has three other books (Night and Day, Welcome to Metropolis and Vengeance Unlimited, which just came out, but has a different creative team).

Finally, if you're looking for something that's currently ongoing, check out the first collection of Harley's New 52 reboot series! It just came out (Hot in the City). People have mixed feelings on Harley's New 52 reboot, but I personally think it's a lot of fun and I've enjoyed it. But it's definitely a completely different animal from the original Bruce Timm/Paul Dini Batman TAS Harley.

P.S.: If you decide you like New 52 Harley, I also recommend checking out Suicide Squad! New Suicide Squad is the current on-going series that's a continuation of the one I'm recommending, and they just released the 4th issue yesterday so you have plenty of time to get into it if you're interested (personally, I've preferred the first series to New Suicide Squad by a long run-- also, the original 1980s Suicide Squad is awesome and you should check it out too). Suicide Squad Harley is a lot different from New 52 Harley. They have very similar character designs, but Suicide Squad Harley is a bit more tame, if that's possible. She's still nuts, but Harley in her own ongoing is more silly and all over the place, and Suicide Squad's Harley is a bit more nuanced and complicated (she struggles with her identity as Harleen Quinzel, Ph.D., and Harley Quinn, clown princess of crime).

P.P.S.: I hope you find something you like!
    Last edited by quinnzel; 11-13-2014 at 02:43 PM.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

All-New Member

Thanks a bunch quinnzel!

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    Suicide Squad's Harley is a bit more nuanced and complicated (she struggles with her identity as Harleen Quinzel, Ph.D., and Harley Quinn, clown princess of crime).
    Or at least she did until the writer got lazy near the end and threw her character arc out the window.

I think in suicide squad she is just there to do something fun and exercise her sociopath nature. The whole taking Joker's face and putting it on Deadshot so she could vent was as deep as it ever got and all that went out the window when Joker came back.