Default Hulk the planet buster!?!?!?

Hulk is tasked with busting Earth.
    How long does it take him to do it?

Scenario 2) The resistance against Hulk are all those with less strength them him. Said people are stripped of all other abilities besides said strength.

Can Hulk prevail?

Quote Originally Posted by Kid-who-cried-wolf View Post
    Hulk is tasked with busting Earth.
    How long does it take him to do it?

Scenario 2) The resistance against Hulk are all those with less strength them him. Said people are stripped of all other abilities besides said strength.

Can Hulk prevail?
    In the first scenario, do you mean just punching the planet until it is destroyed or going against all the people trying to stop him? If the latter, without P.I.S., he gets stopped very quickly.

The second scenario is tricky. I assume you mean they all have to be people who are weaker than he is at his baseline strength and none of their other powers, if they have them, count. So it's basically hundreds of super strong guys and gals dog-piling on him. Can he get strong enough fast enough to beat them all? I give you a definite maybe.
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member

Punching the planet is really silly except in comics. You would just make a local hole given the mass of his fist unless he could throw a punch close to the speed of light.

This was pointed out once in a old Supergirl where she tried to stop a planet and just drilled a hole in it.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Scenario 2 ends when someone who is weaker than Hulk but still strong enough to space toss (ignoring for the moment that they probably aren't capable of throwing things at the multi-dozen mach speeds that should be necessary to escape Earth's gravity well, because comics) either outskills or out-dumb-lucks Hulk and he ends up being a really peeved dwarf moon.

Well, nerfing one side in scenario two kind of answers the question that's posed as 'yes'.

Given that there's a plethora of strength types capable of a space toss besides, a dog pile should be more than enough to get one person in range to toss him.

If you then proceed to remove BFR, the answer is still 'he gets overwhelmed fairly quickly'.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Punching the planet is really silly except in comics. You would just make a local hole given the mass of his fist unless he could throw a punch close to the speed of light.

This was pointed out once in a old Supergirl where she tried to stop a planet and just drilled a hole in it.
    True. But then you've got Superboy pulling countless planets by a chain because- comics. Same idea. Stupid in one comic, works fine in another.
    Power with Girl is better.

And Dragon Ball went from the "you would just punch straight through it" logic to blowing up planets with taps, so even the same material changes things at times.

For the situation, it depends on which Hulk. The Hulk that pulled a planet back together is a case of one that could do it quickly, other versions might take foreveeeerrr.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    And Dragon Ball went from the "you would just punch straight through it" logic to blowing up planets with taps, so even the same material changes things at times.
    Assuming that you're referring to when Bills blew up half a planet with a tap, I have just two words:

Dim Mak
    This signature intentionally left blank.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Who knew the table was the planet's death point....
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

I think the DBZ taps were some kind of energy transfer and not pure kinetic energy. Just a version of the Frieza little ball of energy one shot of planet Vegeta. But I don't know if that's mention.

As far as Kryptonians pulling planets at FTL with a chain - of course that makes perfect sense.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Tables are the nosebones of a planet.

Common knowledge.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    To the god of destruction, any point is a death point.

;-)

Also:

This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    In the first scenario, do you mean just punching the planet until it is destroyed or going against all the people trying to stop him? If the latter, without P.I.S., he gets stopped very quickly.

The second scenario is tricky. I assume you mean they all have to be people who are weaker than he is at his baseline strength and none of their other powers, if they have them, count. So it's basically hundreds of super strong guys and gals dog-piling on him. Can he get strong enough fast enough to beat them all? I give you a definite maybe.
    In the first one Hulk is indeed just punching the planet. Since Hulk is around Thor and these other moonbuster's level, I am curious how long it would take for him to bust up our earth.

For scenario 2, Hulk just needs to Thunder clap to get back. Additionally, since we go by feats here...the people "weaker" than Hulk would refer to basic Hulk....and not no limits fallacy Hulk can have infinite strength. So I doubt it will be that easy, eh.

Hulk isn't exactly in that Thor tier on his own merits. He usually needs to be tremendously honked off.

As far as him winning scenario two. You've got Simon, AKA Wonder Man, and others to contend with, and he's hardly no-selling hits like that, or dropping all of them. Before they start hitting him.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Amazing Member

Show him the 2003 "Hulk" movie. Afterwards, he should be mad enough it would take him a few seconds.