Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Jason Voorhees amidst The Walking Dead

Let's say the newly zombie-fied version of everyone's favorite hockey masked slasher from "Friday the 13th Part 6: Jason Lives" suddenly finds himself transported into the world of TV's "The Walking Dead." How would he fare against--

1. The good guys?
    2. The other zombies/walkers?
    3. The Wolves?

It seems to me that Jason would be considerably more unstoppable than the zombies on the show, but he would be facing unified fronts all around. Could be interesting.

Spectacular Member

Jason stomps the good guys and the Wolves, and his similarities to the walkers make them ignore each other.

Lack of explosives or lakes means Jason probably stomps the good guys and the Wolves as was said already. I'm interested in his interaction with the zombies though, as Jason is a fair bit smarter than "Walkers", I definitely see him treating them like minor annoyances knocking them out of the way, or crushing them if they get underfoot. If its a matter of who gets to kill the living, im betting Jason would destroy the interfering Walker(s) in order to get to the human himself.
    And now I finally arrived.

Astonishing Member

Jason usually don't faced large organized groups but works by stealth. Using such techniques he can take out the humans. However, if they become aware of him and work as a group, he might be restrained or even swarmed. He was blown to pieces once.

The walkers don't notice him and he doesn't care.

Yeah, Rick & Co. aren't a bunch of horny drunk teenagers. If humans start getting offed, there are enough smarties in the group to see Jason isn't going down easily and will plan accordingly.

Daryl sends an arrow to the eye from 30 feet, Sasha & Carol pump a few rounds of decent gunfire into him, then Michonne steps up from behind to decapitate.

Now, I realize Jason never has been beheaded. But, he really should be.

The OP's first scenario is a bit vague, too. Can we assume this is the current group in Alexandria?

For the Wolves, since all we know of them at this point is that there is an undetermined number of simply armed crazy people (we will see more details of them tonight), Jason may eventually go through them.

Walkers and Jason basically co-exist I guess.
    Last edited by hulahulk; 10-25-2015 at 11:20 AM.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Astonishing Member

Except for the beheading, gun fire is fairly useless. Jason absorbed a load of fire from SWAT teams and just stood there. He had to be blown up. Now, unlike modern shooting doctrine - Monster doctrine rarely to take head shots.

Now for reference, Michael Myers took two in the head from close range with no effect.

Fighting Jason without significant firepower to dismember him - your best bet is a swarm with axes or the like. If you remember the first Thing movie from the 50's, that was the plan until they came up with the electricity trap.

I only brought up the gunfire as a stall tactic to distract JV long enough for Michonne to do her thing. Ample ranged attacks to the head, pause, kitana. Done. Or is this assuming too much?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Spectacular Member

As soon as they stop shooting Jason kills Michonne the second she gets within range. He'll probably rip her sword arm off her in mid-swing.

If the good guys go up against Jason, they're gonna die. Because Jason is kind of a superstrong, nigh-unkillable zombie ninja. By which I mean, in Jason X, he escaped a straitjacket/chains, killed a man, put that man in his straitjacket/chains, then snuck up on and wiped out a group of soldiers armed with assault rifles.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Spectacular Member

Then after getting freed from suspended animation proceeded to slaughter a squad of space marines.

Quote Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
    As soon as they stop shooting Jason kills Michonne the second she gets within range. He'll probably rip her sword arm off her in mid-swing.
    Nope. See Freddy vs. Jason and how well Jason did against his own machete, wielded by someone who is barely anything above human in the real world and only slightly quick, with no real skill.

Michonne will simply dice him up and render him unable to move, if not out and out decapitate him immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    If the good guys go up against Jason, they're gonna die. Because Jason is kind of a superstrong, nigh-unkillable zombie ninja. By which I mean, in Jason X, he escaped a straitjacket/chains, killed a man, put that man in his straitjacket/chains, then snuck up on and wiped out a group of soldiers armed with assault rifles.
    He's only "unkillable" because people generally refuse to decapitate him, remove limbs, or turn his head into mush. He generally takes pistol shots or assault shots to the torso, and MIGHT be stabbed a few times, otherwise, he just surprises people that aren't expecting anything. Jason isn't doing much without any arms/fingers, and he only survived being blown apart in 8 and X via plot device.

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    He's only "unkillable" because people generally refuse to decapitate him, remove limbs, or turn his head into mush. He generally takes pistol shots or assault shots to the torso, and MIGHT be stabbed a few times, otherwise, he just surprises people that aren't expecting anything. Jason isn't doing much without any arms/fingers, and he only survived being blown apart in 8 and X via plot device.
    Can Michonne decapitate someone with Jason's durability?

Astonishing Member

He's not made of steel (except in that stupid space version) and is easily penetrated by melee weapons. I say she can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Can Michonne decapitate someone with Jason's durability?
    He easily got sliced up by a machete wielded by Freddy and an outboard boat motor. Bullets pierce him just fine as well. Really, Jason benefits more from PIS than most horror villains. Whenever he's fought without PIS by someone armed, he gets pretty messed up (see swat team blown up, Freddy beating him up with blades, blown apart by an android).

Michael Myers is actually slightly better at stealth and speed and brains, and only slightlly less strong, while tanking more impressive things (the most impressive is being shot directly in both eyes and only being temporarily blinded).
    Last edited by abmccray; 10-26-2015 at 12:08 PM.