Super Moderator

Default "Who Exactly Killed Gwen Stacy?" & More Comic Questions Answered

CSBG routinely answers reader-submitted questions, like how, exactly, did Gwen Stacy die? Did Spider-Man accidentally snap her neck or...?

Full article here.

I'll never understand how heroes can routinely save people falling from great heights but with Gwen real world physics kicks in.
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

iMan 42s

The neck snapping I think makes some degree of sense. While we don't know how the web shooters function, we do know the webs can be used to create items and structure of varying strength. If Peter in the heat of the moment had his web shooters set to fire a hard cable line instead of something that could have matched the speed and progressively slowed Gwen down, that could've killed her.
    The shock of the fall for someone who was unconscious, and also healthy just seemed dumb.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I think she died when he hit her with the glider. When he caught her, her neck snapped anyways.

I think we'll find out someday that Mephisto imposed real world physics instead of comic book physics on that moment of time, causing Gwen to die. He and Gwen were easily headed for marriage, and Mephisto just can't stand for that.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I think we'll find out someday that Mephisto imposed real world physics instead of comic book physics on that moment of time, causing Gwen to die. He and Gwen were easily headed for marriage, and Mephisto just can't stand for that.
    Wittiest post of 2008.

The idea that she died because the fall scared her to death is one of the most ridiculous in a great comic. The snap fixes that.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets