Default Phantom Lady and the Shade

So, I recently re-read all of James Robinson's Starman run - including the Shade maxi-series that went on when DC rebooted their universe yet again - and one thing stood out to me. In issue number forty-four of his run - that Times Past issue which is essentially a standalone Phantom Lady tale - Robinson alludes to some further adventures involving the Shade and Sandra Knight. "I could tell you of her lover...the one who wanted her dead. I could tell you how I saved her from this peril, and how she saved me back soon afterwards." Given that he never followed up on that in any other issue, I wonder, has he ever stated what his plans were, if any, for what actually transpired between them. Phantom Lady's one of my favourite Golden Age superheroes, and I'm all sorts of intrigued by what Robinson may have had planned, in case this wasn't simply just a throwaway line.

Does anyone know of anything Robinson may have said, or am I simply grasping at straws here?

Quote Originally Posted by mockingnerd View Post
    So, I recently re-read all of James Robinson's Starman run - including the Shade maxi-series that went on when DC rebooted their universe yet again - and one thing stood out to me. In issue number forty-four of his run - that Times Past issue which is essentially a standalone Phantom Lady tale - Robinson alludes to some further adventures involving the Shade and Sandra Knight. "I could tell you of her lover...the one who wanted her dead. I could tell you how I saved her from this peril, and how she saved me back soon afterwards." Given that he never followed up on that in any other issue, I wonder, has he ever stated what his plans were, if any, for what actually transpired between them. Phantom Lady's one of my favourite Golden Age superheroes, and I'm all sorts of intrigued by what Robinson may have had planned, in case this wasn't simply just a throwaway line.

Does anyone know of anything Robinson may have said, or am I simply grasping at straws here?
    I would suspect that the reference was nothing more than a throwaway. And in the New 52, there aren't any WW II superheroes, at least that I know of. Well, we'll always have James Robinson's Starman in trades. They can't take that away from us.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by mockingnerd View Post

Stumbled upon this by accident . . . so I'm giving it a = bump up =

Oh, I would love to see Robinson due a mini-series or even a one-shot with those stories of Sandra Knight and The Shade!