Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Default Storm and the fetishistic disavowal

Slavoj Zizek, in one of his more lucid moments, conveys the fetishistic disavowal that comprises ideological freight as part in parcel with any symbolic order worth its weight in overall mask/mandate. In other words, the idea that we are aware that the actuality is less than what is being presented or symbolized, but we do not CARE, as we are almost-libidinally engaged with the symbolics in a hyperaggressive format.

Are Storm fans so obsessed with the mask mandate symbolics around her stature as an "important" x-men they're oblivious to the flaws with the character?

absolutely tactless

Is the need to have her headline her first solo title of more value in its symbolicism than anything actually inherent to the character?

Tremble between the weight of her dialectics, mortals.
    Last edited by Park Slope Pixie; 06-09-2014 at 01:00 PM.

BANNED

*Shortpack*

BANNED

Storm is a great character in the X-men team...but she is an X-man. Her solo will fly for a while but ultimatley if you remove her from the team you remove the characters intrinsic value (as with most of the X-men).
    For hardcore fans, the value is in her appearance and her diversity, the rest can be imagined and the imagination is what is causing the fervor.

BANNED

Don't all X-fanbases operate in that way? Latch onto some badass characteristics, magnify them in front of others so the noise will drown out the flaws?

For a moment I thought Stormie didn't shave her armpit in posted scan.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

She is too powerful, yet never shown that way. idk if thats a good thing or not. I mean, weather control. Sheesh, screw telepathy, optic blasts and wings, she can make it rain till you drown D:

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    Don't all X-fanbases operate in that way? Latch onto some badass characteristics, magnify them in front of others so the noise will drown out the flaws?
    To an extent, sure - but not nearly to the level that Storm inspires/incites.

BANNED

I think her flaws are her best part. I love her haughty ridiculousness. It's what makes her fun.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    She is too powerful, yet never shown that way. idk if thats a good thing or not. I mean, weather control. Sheesh, screw telepathy, optic blasts and wings, she can make it rain till you drown D:
    She can make it rain on the sun.
    She can make you choke by sucking out the air from your lungs.

That's cooler than wings and optic blasts.

Yet she's not as cool as her powers. ;-;
    Adamantium Claws are more popular than her XD

BANNED

Yet she's not as cool as her powers. ;-;
    Adamantium Claws are more popular than her XD
    I agree that she doesn't move with the times.
    80's have long gone and today's Marvel is unsuccesfully trying to capture the old magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    Storm is a great character in the X-men team...but she is an X-man. Her solo will fly for a while but ultimatley if you remove her from the team you remove the characters intrinsic value (as with most of the X-men).
    For hardcore fans, the value is in her appearance and her diversity, the rest can be imagined and the imagination is what is causing the fervor.

I have to say though, you are setting yourself up for some emotional posts with this...check the Cyclops popular thread which caused many bans (but some of them are appreciated).
    *smh*

No. Just no.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    To an extent, sure - but not nearly to the level that Storm inspires/incites.
    You don't think the Scarlet Witch fandom can equal up to this as well nor the Cyclops fandom? I'll think you'll see extremes everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    I have to say though, you are setting yourself up for some emotional posts with this...check the Cyclops popular thread which caused many bans (but some of them are appreciated).
    That thread should've been closed by now -_- Reminds me of the "Whats Wrong with Storm/Cyclops?" ones. The Storm one was legit, people got offended, and decided to go after Cyclops. Both were closed.

That thread should've been closed by now -_- Reminds me of the "Whats Wrong with Storm/Cyclops?" ones. The Storm one was legit, people got offended, and decided to go after Cyclops. Both were closed.
    Nice to see your ban was temporary.

But yeah..those threads got ugly fast. :/

BANNED

Someone should make an "Examination of Pixie is the Hipster Nightcrawler and Magik" thread.