Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default No Black Cat title?

I think it's very cool that Marvel is expanding the Spidey line. But I was a little surprised that Black Cat wasn't given any love. Should she get her own title?

I've wanted to see her get a title for a while. Not a huge fan of her current portrayal though.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I'd love a Black Cat book.

Astonishing Member

Right now, Black Cat has fallen into the "dark side" because of the "Superior Spider-Man" (Dr Octopus). As long as she remains in this status quo, I don't think we will see another book with his name. This is one of the reasons because I really hate "Superior Spider-Junk".

To fix this, I only see one way. The "Superior Spider-Man" should be return somehow, without putting Peter's life in disaster again. (Like I said before, with a cloned body of Spider-Man). Then, Spider-Man should make him (possibly tricking him) into confessing his real identity and what he did. After that, I believe Black Cat should have a chance for revenge and tearing apart "Spock". Sure, Spidey won't allow her to kill him, but considering what Otto did, I don't think he has objections with tearing him apart. Now that I think of it, I believe others villains tortured by "Superior" should have their chance too: Sandman, Mysterio, Chameleon, Electro, Vulture, Scorpion and Boomerang.

Now that I think of it, I believe that if Alystair Smythe returns somehow, he could be the one who reveals the crimes of Octavius as "Superior". I mean, sure, he will still hate Spider-Man, but considering what Otto did, I think he must be in the top list for the time being. Besides, Octavius was dumb enough to reveal his secret to Smythe before dying.

Even after finally discovering the truth and having her revenge, I don't think Black Cat will accept to renounce her crime lady's status just like that. I believe something else will have to happen, maybe somekind of experience that will cause her to be at the doors of death (probably fighting the Goblin King, Mr Negative or even Kingpin himself). Then, surely Spidey will save her life and that could help her to finally return to the right path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I've wanted to see her get a title for a while. Not a huge fan of her current portrayal though.
    I think the latter is preventing the former. The only reason I could see for giving her a book right now is that Carnage has an ongoing - though the various minis and crossovers over the past few years probably have something to do with that - therefore it's not impossible for villains to get books. However, Felicia is tied to Silk at the moment. Although a Black Cat series could potentially spin out of Silk.

I really enjoyed the Van Meter/Pulido mini from a few years back. Always surprised how seemingly few Black Cat fans picked that up. A fine read IMO.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Right now, Black Cat has fallen into the "dark side" because of the "Superior Spider-Man" (Dr Octopus). As long as she remains in this status quo, I don't think we will see another book with his name. This is one of the reasons because I really hate "Superior Spider-Junk".

To fix this, I only see one way. The "Superior Spider-Man" should be return somehow, without putting Peter's life in disaster again. (Like I said before, with a cloned body of Spider-Man). Then, Spider-Man should make him (possibly tricking him) into confessing his real identity and what he did. After that, I believe Black Cat should have a chance for revenge and tearing apart "Spock". Sure, Spidey won't allow her to kill him, but considering what Otto did, I don't think he has objections with tearing him apart. Now that I think of it, I believe others villains tortured by "Superior" should have their chance too: Sandman, Mysterio, Chameleon, Electro, Vulture, Scorpion and Boomerang.

Now that I think of it, I believe that if Alystair Smythe returns somehow, he could be the one who reveals the crimes of Octavius as "Superior". I mean, sure, he will still hate Spider-Man, but considering what Otto did, I think he must be in the top list for the time being. Besides, Octavius was dumb enough to reveal his secret to Smythe before dying.

Even after finally discovering the truth and having her revenge, I don't think Black Cat will accept to renounce her crime lady's status just like that. I believe something else will have to happen, maybe somekind of experience that will cause her to be at the doors of death (probably fighting the Goblin King, Mr Negative or even Kingpin himself). Then, surely Spidey will save her life and that could help her to finally return to the right path.
    For the most part, I'm with you on this. Granted, Doc Ock being the Living Brain right now might make it unnecessary to have a cloned body, but I'm fine with the rest of this. Felicia is just characterized the way she is now for the sake of leaving some consequences from Superior, as her villainy serves less for her actual character, and seems more like it's just there to have another mess SpOck left behind for Peter to clean up.

Not in this current characterization do I want to see her have a solo series.

I did love her miniseries in the past. She is the perfect kind of character to carry an active and exciting anti-hero title.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I really enjoyed the Van Meter/Pulido mini from a few years back. Always surprised how seemingly few Black Cat fans picked that up. A fine read IMO.
    It was a fun book, but I think that the issue in sales is that miniseries just don't usually do that well in general unless their an event book with "major consequences".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Not in this current characterization do I want to see her have a solo series.
    This raises a good point: Who is interested in Felicia's current characterization to the point of wanting to see her on an ongoing basis. If so, why?

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

I see Evil!Cat's current SQ as an editorial/main writer pet project, banking on readers with either a wait-&-see mindset or those critics who are compelled to pick up any title featuring her in a pipe dream hope that the chaotic evil turn will finally end in the issue they've picked. Those readers who are vocally opposed or protest by not picking up anything will Evil!Cat on it...well they might as well not exist for the creative teams.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    This raises a good point: Who is interested in Felicia's current characterization to the point of wanting to see her on an ongoing basis. If so, why?
    Her current role is that of antagonist more than lead. There aren't a whole lot of ongoing comic book series about crime bosses.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Genevieve Valentine's Catwoman run was a crime boss book. It will end soon though, and Selina Calabrese will go back to being Selina KYLE, greatest cat burglar in DCU. I echo Tychus Findlay's tagline for this; Calabrese's mob story was gripping, but I was turned off by her character through all of it. Thank you DC for "returning to meat and potatoes" or something.

Now when will you follow suit, Licia?

There IS no Felicia, only BLACK CAT!
    *kills me*
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 10-25-2015 at 09:33 PM.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Her current role is that of antagonist more than lead. There aren't a whole lot of ongoing comic book series about crime bosses.
    Carnage isn't a crime boss (Though that's a surface-level difference that doesn't mean much), but he's still the focus of his own ongoing, hence my earlier point about Felicia's chances of having a book would be like Carnage. It's the prevalence of minis that would set them apart, rather than what kind of villain they are, though I could see Felicia getting an ongoing without needing nearly as many stories that Carnage has received. Carnage has Eddie Broxin and John Jameson pursuing him, so Felicia could serve a similar function as Carnage.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Carnage isn't a crime boss (Though that's a surface-level difference that doesn't mean much), but he's still the focus of his own ongoing, hence my earlier point about Felicia's chances of having a book would be like Carnage. It's the prevalence of minis that would set them apart, rather than what kind of villain they are, though I could see Felicia getting an ongoing without needing nearly as many stories that Carnage has received. Carnage has Eddie Broxin and John Jameson pursuing him, so Felicia could serve a similar function as Carnage.
    But who would want to read that though ?