Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21616768697071
Results 1,051 to 1,055 of 1055
    Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    The Maggin stories in Superman 400 have less claim to being canon than Moore's story. DC was clearly wrapping things up.
    I disagree, if I remember correctly, those stories weren't released as imaginary stories but as "possible future" stories while WHHTTMOT was released as an imaginary story. Also I found it strange that Jimmy was killed in that story and yet his descendant Kristin Wells, the Superwoman was still there among the heroes trying to help Superman. Kind of a big screw up on Moore's part.

We've derailed this thread long enough. I stand by my point and you stand by yours, so can we both agree to disagree and be done with it?
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

The Moore issues were designed as farewell issues, Superman 400 wasn't, fans have a right to consider them, not definitively perhaps, the last word on Silver/Bronze age Superman. The DCU and editorial are literally waving goodbye to him. The next issue of Action was Byrnes. I'm not saying their canon, but that was goodbye. No disrespect!

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    The Moore issues were designed as farewell issues, Superman 400 wasn't, fans have a right to consider them, not definitively perhaps, the last word on Silver/Bronze age Superman. The DCU and editorial are literally waving goodbye to him. The next issue of Action was Byrnes. I'm not saying their canon, but that was goodbye. No disrespect!
    Like I said, I stand by my point, I've already stated my opinion about it.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

And that's great, but what I'm saying is this. You prefer Superman 400 as the last Superman stories, but I am saying, and the introduction to the collected volumes back me up, that WHTTMOT was designed to be the last Silver Bronze Age Superman story. If fans have taken it that way, it's by design. Plus it's not too off thread, the issue deals with Superman killing.

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    I disagree, I think it's a good story as an imaginary story but not a great story as an end to an era (I'll take Maggin's futuristic back up stories as well as his short story Luthor's Gift thank you very much), to be honest I find Alan Moore's Superman stories kind of overrated, his best Superman story being for his run on Supreme.
    I thought so too. Things worked out nicely for Clark and Lois. But just about everybody else ends up dead. Lana's love for Superman that can never be returned pretty much kills her. Jimmy dies, etc.