Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Can someone tell me what happened with Terry after her last appearance in X-Factor? Was she featured in any other book or was she in comic book limbo the whole time?

Ultimate Member

I think that since she fixed Jamie and was sitting there in his kitchen talking to Jamie and Layla she's been in limbo since...sadly...

Spectacular Member

She did not appear (at least to my knowledge and I would be very surprised to hear otherwise) in any form (on or off panel) since the finale of X-Factor.

Glad so see my favourite Mutant Redhead still has some loyal fans, but I would also be hugely suprised if she would appear in a book in the near future.

My hopes are high for the next volumes of the X-Force Epic line to have some never before collected issues featuring her (especially losing her sonic powers and dealing with the loss in #90, 91).

Ultimate Member

My fear was that they wouldn't just have her show up in the next crossover and serve as cannon fodder for the new baddie. Terry probably isn't going to be in a book until the young O5 go back to their timeline sadly...

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Baffles me why "Goddess of Death" Siryn isn't teaming up with Valkyrie Dani and Magik to reverse some of these ridiculous T-Mist deaths. You'd think she'd notice when all of Madrox's dupes died at the same time and get angry about it.

Not to mention do something to fix the situation her dad is in.

I know Terry being powerful is exactly why writers won't use her, but she's too powerful to just be ignoring all the death that's been chasing mutantkind around the globe. Even if we don't see her, I'd love for someone to mention that they had seen/talked to Terry about what's going on.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Amazing Member

the Uncanny X-men site is evidencing Siryn some days ago: https://uncannyxmen.net

All the Theresa Cassidy's story since the beggining, very well summarized. I only don't sure if her history was updated, thought.
    Last edited by Crabadan; 03-18-2017 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabadan View Post
    the Uncanny X-men site is evidencing Siryn right now: https://uncannyxmen.net

All the Theresa Cassidy's story since the beggining, very well summarized.
    You mean the Spotlight on Siryn?

https://uncannyxmen.net/node/29809
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

Amazing Member

Yeah. I thought to be important because it's X-Factor month and the editors choose Siryn to exemplify. Moreover, based of the commmentary of some people, they definitelly don't read Spotlight on Siryn.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabadan View Post
    Yeah. I thought to be important because it's X-Factor month and the editors choose Siryn to exemplify. Moreover, based of the commmentary of some people, they definitelly don't read Spotlight on Siryn.
    Well I'm glad they're focusing on X-Factor this month and Siryn on St. Patrick's Day! That all works out pretty well. ;D
    Prεtty Pεnny

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Well I'm glad they're focusing on X-Factor this month and Siryn on St. Patrick's Day! That all works out pretty well. ;D
    Me too. I'm Brazilian, then I don't be accustomed with this holiday. Was a good surprise to me.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Baffles me why "Goddess of Death" Siryn isn't teaming up with Valkyrie Dani and Magik to reverse some of these ridiculous T-Mist deaths. You'd think she'd notice when all of Madrox's dupes died at the same time and get angry about it.

Not to mention do something to fix the situation her dad is in.

I know Terry being powerful is exactly why writers won't use her, but she's too powerful to just be ignoring all the death that's been chasing mutantkind around the globe. Even if we don't see her, I'd love for someone to mention that they had seen/talked to Terry about what's going on.
    I think that they used M as being the one that got really angry at Jamie dying in Uncanny and most writers seem to have forgotten that Terry even exists, probably mostly because of the whole Morrigan thing that PAD bolted onto her at the end of his run and then just left it open ended...

PAD did mostly awesome work with Siryn and the other X-factor members, but the way he left some of the characters in the finale almost guaranteed they'd end up in limbo. I don't know if it that was his intention or not, but I'm not surprised nothing has been done to explore their new status quos.
    I do think it could be interesting to have a story focusing on Magik, Siryn as Morrigan and Dani as a Valkyrie even if I don't see that happening.
    I can't think of many stories where the new Siryn would fit. Maybe X-men Gold could help Banshee save her from her fate as Morrigan? Heck, since is a goddess of the dead, she could be the one saving him from all the Apocalypse horseman BS?

Ultimate Member

Well imho PAD hurt Terry a lot by dragging her through that baby storyline of her once again falling for Jamie out of the blue without anything from his side and in the end it was all a dupe...again, and Terry had her heart broken by Jamie...again. A guy that's never loved her as anything more than a friend that she's been forced into a relationship with twice as seemingly little more than a prop to make him look good, even after the baby in the reaction issue Terry wasn't the focus Jamie was...and then the whole road trip with Rhane, PAD had Terry and Lorna act like shopping was more important to them than helping Rhane with then they could get some shopping done while they waited for Rhane to sort things out, and the whole Morrigan thing ended up purely for Jamie's benefit again and now Terry is shackled with it and no writer seemingly wants to get anywhere near her partially because of it...

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I loved PAD's Terry, I really think he got her voice and overall character right (something I've said before), but unfortunately she really suffered from being involved with a fairly large cast. She ended up not getting as much focus as I would have wanted her to, and got taken off the board a number of times throughout the run (getting kidnapped/injured/getting injured again/getting pregnant) but she did get some very nice moment to shine. The beginning arc I remember her getting a fair amount of action before the cast expanded, to me the highlight for her was when she faced off against the Cortex and the future Sentinels, and when she fought against the Morrigan. However, a lot of what happened to her throughout X-Factor felt like it was happening because PAD wanted to push Layla and Jamie closer together, something I thought was pretty shitty and ended up making me dislike Butterfly. The Morrigan is also something I wish hadn't happened, because as a number of people have said it feel like it could be a reason as to why people might be hesitant use Terry. Honestly I wouldn't be mad if future writers just ignored PAD's ending for her.

Ultimate Member

Well PAD's whole storyline for Terry told me nothing about Terry that I didn't already know about her, I already knew of her past, her faith, that she wanted to be a leader and so on and so forth...the only reason that he had her lead was because Jamie wasn't there, then she just turned the lead back over to him as soon as he got back and given his powers whether he was going to shoot himself after the whole baby thing fell flat, the ending seemed to be that her whole reason for being on the team was to "fix" Jamie in the end so that he and Layla could be together...and the whole baby storyline was never about Terry in the first place, it was all about Jamie from day one...