Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Wasn't she drunk or started drinking again the night that she spent with Jamie, pretty much her entire time in X-Factor revolved around Jamie...groan...
    If I remember correctly, Jamie was the one who was drunk. He was so drunk, he was unaware that he accidentally created a dupe who went on to knock up Terry. Someone else will need to confirm if I've got my facts right.
    Now PAD did show sruggling with alcoholism, which is entirely different from what you describe. From what I understand, alcohol addiction doesn't magically disappear, therefore it's legit story material.

Ultimate Member

But that would have made Terry look very bad, basically taking advantage of Jamie being drunk to sleep with him, and I thought that the next morning she was surprised by having slept with him, her being sober would have lead to her knowing full well...and it was a way to wash Jamie clean of any responsibility...again. As for addiction yeah but being near Jamie seemed to bring it up, and it seemed to happen just so that PAD could put the two together, like it was brought up for like one or two issues and then forgotten about...

Nicieza was the one who portrayed Terry as a drunk because he had no idea what to do with her, so he made her a victim to alcoholism and ran for Warpath's arms like a weak damsel in distress. Early X-Force wasn't kind to Terry, and while PAD shunted her off to limbo, it certainly beats piss poor characterization that somehow seems to be reason for shipping what was dropped over 10 years ago. Siryn's a goddess now, she doesn't need a man.

All she needs now is a happy ending and I think closure with Black Tom and/or Sean would be the perfect thing for her. She confronted her drinking and got over that, Madrox is behind her, as is Deadpool. Terry never had a true goodbye to her father and I feel like that's one of the few things she needs. Ideally, I would love to see Terry use her powers to bring Sean back from the dead so they can catch up like they never did but writers care more about epics than anything. Writers like PAD are the ones who choose to keep things a little more self contained, in spite of his terrible treatment of her.

If closure is one thing we don't get, then an upgrade to X-Men should finally happen. She became Banshee, she's a goddess. The all female X-Men just took on the likes of Enchantress and now have Selene and Madelyne Pryor to worry about. Hmm, Death Goddess that can be summoned at any time... LOGIC. Also, M and Terry need to make up and go shopping together again because shopping is always a good thing.

As for Terry and Warpath, there's a thread specifically for shipping them now, keep it there if anyone wants to discuss the lack of relationship or what will never be. If anyone's idea of growing as a character is being paired and needing a man, they truly aren't a fan of the character because putting them with someone specifically makes them better. Except Guido. Anyone who makes out with Guido just needs to be revamped and thank god Wood was willing to give that treatment to M. I've given my thoughts on the chat I've observed before and after the reset, let's get the strong woman who broke hands and shattered ear drums back, ASAP!

Ultimate Member

Except that I don't remember Terry ever running to Warpath's arms during her drinking days or Warpath making a big deal out of it or expecting anything from it. Terry confronted her drinking with Warpath's help, Black Tom and her father played no part in it, unless they're on the same team Jamie doesn't give her a second thought and Deadpool only seems to see her like once in a decade or so. I wouldn't say that it will never happen between Terry and James. Back to the drinking Nicieza brought it up but he used it to show her past, she didn't just start drinking out of the blue so that she could be a damsel in distress, and she wanted to stop she just needed the support, which Warpath gave her.

And it's funny that in the same post that you portray Nicieza writing her as a damsel in distress you turn around and portray her as a stereotypical teenage girl who just loves shopping, as for the whole goddess thing, didn't PAD pretty much just create the whole version of Morrigan out of thin air, make Terry the goddess, then use her to save Jamie and then toss her aside when he was finished with her...and PAD did have Terry just throw herself at Jamie when he made no effort or showed no interest, making her look bad...but that's okay in your book.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I miss Terry appearing in books regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    Her joining X-Factor was one of the worse things that happened to her. I would have preferred her to just join the X-Men after X-Force. Don't even get me started on that fugly costume she wore in it either.

Same here

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Her joining X-Factor was one of the worse things that happened to her. I would have preferred her to just join the X-Men after X-Force. Don't even get me started on that fugly costume she wore in it either.
    The only good thing to come of Terry in X-Factor was her costume.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

I thought her time on X-Factor was a mixed bag to be honest; with the first half much better than the second.

I loved every moment of her and M. The development of their relationship from snarky hostilities, through to friendship was beautifully done. And very funny. Not many comics writers do female friendship well, (or at all) and this one felt true to me.

Also beautifully handled was the period of her grieving for Banshee. I'm not sure I've ever seen that done better. It was sad, unexpected, funny and full of love; all at the same time.

Some of my favourite moments from that run: the "or I'll scream" scene when she and Guido were fending off riots and cops from mutant town. The issues where she and M were in Paris. The Wonkavator scene. Road trip with Polaris and Rahne.

On the negative side; I wasn't so keen on the disappearing baby storyline. Her relationship with Jamie revolved too much around him not her. Then the ending for Siryn was very disappointing. Everyone else got a lovely send off, but she popped in for 5 minutes to fix things for Jaimie and Layla, and it was off to limbo land.

I'm generally a big fan of x-Factor, but as I said, Siryn's treatment was a mixed bag for me.
    "Self has no time for this."

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    And it's funny that in the same post that you portray Nicieza writing her as a damsel in distress you turn around and portray her as a stereotypical teenage girl who just loves shopping, as for the whole goddess thing, didn't PAD pretty much just create the whole version of Morrigan out of thin air, make Terry the goddess, then use her to save Jamie and then toss her aside when he was finished with her...and PAD did have Terry just throw herself at Jamie when he made no effort or showed no interest, making her look bad...but that's okay in your book.
    Sea Hound said it best here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    I loved every moment of her and M. The development of their relationship from snarky hostilities, through to friendship was beautifully done. And very funny. Not many comics writers do female friendship well, (or at all) and this one felt true to me.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSiryn View Post
    Same here

The only good thing to come of Terry in X-Factor was her costume.

After all her previous fabulous costumes that one is just too generic in my eyes. Not to mention it is nearly similar to Jamie's. I liked all her X-Force costumes. Which is your favorite?

And on another totally different note: I've been trying to draw a picture of S screaming, but I can't seem to get the intensity right, and I keep ending up with the dreaded Greg Land O Face. If I can get a result I don't hate, I'll post.

It never occurred to me that o face would be an issue with Siryn. I think you have to make her a bit aggressive to get over it. More like this,
    image.jpg

Than this.
    image.jpg

Ultimate Member

Maybe go back and look for pics of Terry during her time in Nicieza's X-Force, no Greg Land in sight, and I did love some of her late green and yellow looks.

Terry's entire run in X-Factor was damsel in distress, drunk, baby mama, temporary leader, yes woman, get out of jail free card for Jamie...the pregnancy storyline was all about Jamie, we didn't learn anything new about Terry and at a time when a mutant baby would have been HUGE Terry's pregnancy never registered outside of X-Factor.

Terry never had a relationship with Jamie really, she got knocked up by a dupe and then the real Jamie only spent any time with her because she was pregnant...

I'd rather see Terry get a leadership role, and wouldn't have a problem with her being a leader over the likes of Warpath...I doubt that he'd have a problem taking orders from her...if they were allowed to be in a relationship it'd certainly add something to it...

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    And on another totally different note: I've been trying to draw a picture of S screaming, but I can't seem to get the intensity right, and I keep ending up with the dreaded Greg Land O Face. If I can get a result I don't hate, I'll post.

It never occurred to me that o face would be an issue with Siryn. I think you have to make her a bit aggressive to get over it. More like this,
    image.jpg

Than this.
    image.jpg
    Granted, I'm not an artist, but I think part of the key would be to emphasize her eyebrows (with anger) and have her show more teeth than lips.

Granted, I'm not an artist, but I think part of the key would be to emphasize her eyebrows (with anger) and have her show more teeth than lips.
    The teeth part might help actually. Good call.
    I'm keeping to a fairly classic costume for her. Haven't got that far yet, but something like this one; only maybe with a thicker stripes and a less collar.
    image.jpg
    I kind of like some of the x-factor costumes, and her Morrigan one, but this is the first one I associate with her.

Ultimate Member

Here's hoping that if there's a roster shake-up in X-Factor PAD doesn't get Terry back, she still needs to be fixed from his time writing her imho.