Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Jared Leto's Joker Struts in New "Suicide Squad" Images

Photos from the next issue of "Empire Magazine" reveal a new look at Jared Leto's turn as the iconic Bat-villain.

Full article here.

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

This look is definitely growing on me. I think Leto will do a great job!

I think it's one of those looks that'll work onscreen, in motion and in the right lighting, but it's not that appealing to me in promotional stills.

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    I think it's one of those looks that'll work onscreen, in motion and in the right lighting, but it's not that appealing to me in promotional stills.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Still hoping for the Jason Todd twist!

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    What's not to like? It's the joker.
    I'm convinced that most people, who hate on a comic, never read said comic.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Reminds me as a modernization of Marshall Rogers' Joker:

Rogers' version resembles the stereotypical 70s pimp or gangster. Nowadays both archetypes have changed dramatically and Leto's look reflects that.
    Miller was right.

Spectacular Member

I don't think it works at all. Not menacing, not scary, just stupid. If you're going to introduce a new version of the Joker do it in a new Batman solo film, not in a movie like Suicide Squad.

How many times have we seen Joker menace Batman on screen? I guess 2 times (3 if you count Cesar Romero's Joker being menacing), but whatever. I like the idea of seeing Joker not in a "vs. Batman" situation. This will expand the character a bit.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Tattooed Joker is just not my Joker. This is just the wrong film to do Joker in.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. Still hoping for the Jason Todd twist!
    You gotta let that hope go, because it ain't happening.

I'd prefer the Todd twist. I'm not into this Joker at all. Leto might turn in a stellar performance, but those tattoos are so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I'd prefer the Todd twist. I'm not into this Joker at all. Leto might turn in a stellar performance, but those tattoos are so dumb.
    Well, it's not like Joker hasn't had tattoos before (one could even argue that his classic appearance - the one most people are familiar with, has tattoos on his body, since we don't necessarily see him shirtless).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Well, it's not like Joker hasn't had tattoos before (one could even argue that his classic appearance - the one most people are familiar with, has tattoos on his body, since we don't necessarily see him shirtless).
    In an out of continuity controversial 2008 Frank Miller comic. On classic Joker having tats...no, we have seen him shirtless plenty of times (Demon Laughs, Morrison run, etc, etc).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-26-2015 at 07:54 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Redvector View Post
    I don't think it works at all. Not menacing, not scary, just stupid

Agreed. This doesn't look cool, or menacing, or scary or crazy. It just looks bad.

BANNED

Wow, this has lame written all over it. With Star Wars leaking into 2016 and all of the comic movies set to debut next year, DC should get ready to take an L.