Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Cyclops, #2

The Corsair's less-than-spotless reputation stirs up a little trouble during the father-son duo's intergalactic road trip in Greg Rucka and Russell Dauterman's "Cyclops" #2.

Full review here.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Got these earlier than I expected and just loved them. I agree with this review. Whatever Rucka writes at Marvel from here on out, I'll give it a try.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Agreed with the review.

Nothing negative to say about this issue. Art of course phenomenal and blends perfectly with the story. Rucka really does a great job capturing the voices of each character. I want to say that is his biggest strength. Tyke sounds like a 16 year old. He has a degree of shyness, but stands up and fights hard when needed all while dressing like a complete dork. Corsair is perfect. It has a happy charm to it but at the same time, putting the darker elements to make the situation serious.

A FORCE to be reckoned w/ Dazzler's Avatar

yep, this is probably my favorite Marvel book right now. Who would have EVER guessed that?

This book is BOSS.

Ultimate Member

I'd been out of comics for a bit (the stuff I was reading, the last X-Factor run, Avengers Academy and the Legion of Super-Heroes, had all been cancelled), but this seems to have sucked me back in!

I thought I'd escaped, and here some yahoo is writing a story that has characterization, and is both fun and entertaining?! What gives? I thought that was against the rules or something!

I dont believe it. I refuse to believe a solo teen-Cyclops-from-the-60's-costarring-Corsair is one of their top books.
    Refuse!

This is certainly one of those books that from the title and the premise you would pass over. But I am already hooked and can already tell that this will build into a very satisfying volume (or hopefully many volumes).

For anyone in two minds, the recent podcast episode of "Rachel and Miles Explain the X-Men" (#7) contains an excellent interview and related chat with Greg Rucka, which certainly has me excited by the possibilities of this comic.

On a more general note, modern Doctor Who seems to have redefined Marvel Cosmic: there is a joyful exploration and a playful use of character archetypes that I don't remember seeing in previous decades.

Yup, loved the issue. Nice to see a good father & son relationship in comic, and an X-Men comic to boot!