Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Ms. MArvel #1

The internationally-beloved, award-winning, butt-kicking, smack talking, most adorable super hero makes her triumphant return! Time to hop on board the book that has the world talking...Ms. Marvel is back! Today, Marvel is pleased to present your new look inside the oversized MS. MARVEL #1! Writer G. Willow Wilson alongside artists Takeshi Miyazawa & Adrian Alphona return to chronicle the ongoing adventures of Kamala Khan! Did we mention she's an Avenger now? Yup, the dream has become a reality. She's gone toe-to-toe with the best of the best, but will being one of Earth's Mightiest Heroes be everything she hoped for? Is being a celebrity hero as wonderful as Kamala had hoped? Find out in the electrifying first issue this November in MS. MARVEL #1! Buckle up Kamala Korps - it's going to be a wild ride.

Full preview here.

Spectacular Member

"So, once upon a time the world almost came to an end." I think that sentence tells us a lot, right there. It looks like everyone remembers the Incursion, except they also remember something else happened and it ended before the world was destroyed.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Miyazawa's art is so damn good.

IIRC, they did say that ANAD has an 8-month timeskip, so undoubtedly there'll still be some unanswered questions. But I'm happy that so far they're acknowledging that the Incursion happened, as it would detract from #19.

Ah Kamala, even when the world almost comes to an end, you keep finding ways to be adorably awesome.

She's earned the right to be an Avengers. She's also earned all the free gyros she can stomach. She's just that awesome.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Yeah, glad that straightaway in her first new issue of ANAD, it right away shows that she's part of the ANAD Avengers. And really, Miyazawa's art makes that two page spread of the group leaping into action look all the more wonderful.

Complete & Utter ☠☠☠☠ Aaron Stack's Avatar

Picking this up because I want to see what the big deal with Ms Marvel is. People seem to REALLY like her. Hope it's good. Plus the art looks REALLY good.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Stack View Post
    Picking this up because I want to see what the big deal with Ms Marvel is. People seem to REALLY like her. Hope it's good. Plus the art looks REALLY good.
    If you have the money, I highly recommend getting the first three trades that encompass her first #1-#15, as well as extra material.

I'm not sure what kind of losses there could be if people start out with this new #1 instead of starting out from her very first issue.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Reed View Post
    "So, once upon a time the world almost came to an end." I think that sentence tells us a lot, right there. It looks like everyone remembers the Incursion, except they also remember something else happened and it ended before the world was destroyed.
    In OML #5 it also shows that he remembers everything that happened. I think its fair to say that most people will know what happened just that it was a while ago so they aren't necessarily talking about it anymore.

Incredible Member

The character design is pretty cool and the art looks good, but wish they gave her powers other than big hands and stretch limbs.

So good so good so good so good.
    I'm really pleased they've already included her new team.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel/DC Fan View Post
    The character design is pretty cool and the art looks good, but wish they gave her powers other than big hands and stretch limbs.
    Those are just the ones she uses more, since her powers are energy/calories/food dependant she has to be careful to not run out of gas. She can also change size of her whole body or just some limbs, has healing factor and other body-changing powers. Just google "polymorph" to see the full list.

BANNED

If anyone deserves a spot on the Avengers, it's Kamala "Ms. Marvel" Khan.

Complete & Utter ☠☠☠☠ Aaron Stack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    If you have the money, I highly recommend getting the first three trades that encompass her first #1-#15, as well as extra material.

I'm not sure what kind of losses there could be if people start out with this new #1 instead of starting out from her very first issue.
    Thanks. I will cop them this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Reed View Post
    It could be like the Crisis On Infinite Earths at DC, where everyone remembered there was some sort of huge event where the Earth was almost destroyed and a bunch of heroes died, but nobody correctly remembered how it actually went down.